[HDMI Problems] P650RE6 Signal loss

Pirilampus

Hello Guys,

So my problem is very simple. And I'm here asking if this happened to another users and if they found the solution to this problem.

I have an external monitor, new (and was tested with another computer to rule out the possibility of being a monitor problem), that is connected to my P650RE6 (the one with a gtx 970m). I have also changed the HDMI cable to try out.

So, randomly I have some loss of the signal that is being transmitted via HDMI to the External Monitor. This happens randomly, and when I am using the computer normaly, like browsing, seeing some youtube's videos,etc.

No problem occurs when I am using the full performance of the laptop, like playing games, and no problem occurs when I am on battery either. Also, when the laptop is being used normally and the battery is also charging, I have no problem.

So could something like this happened to another user?

On my retail store they say that they know that this problem exists with P600 series, but neither them or Clevo know why is happening.

What can I do? Could a miniDisplayPort adapter to HDMI fix this (in that case I am using another port)?

Thanks everyone

Edited by Pirilampus