Buying a gaming laptop

Zaw

Question

Hi im looking for a gaming laptop around 800$  but no more then 900$

I mostly will use it for gaming

And then maybe for editing a little internet a bit and thats it

I have checked the new dell inspiron gamung 15 7000 but most people say its shit quality so idk 

ty for the replies and suggestions 

10 answers to this question

I've had a Dell XPS, and currently have an Alienware M18x. I've had issues with the video cards in both of these PC's. Maybe it's a flaw with Dell, maybe it's just those two specific laptops that have had issues, not sure. I think I'll shy away from Dell from now on. It seems both times I had issues were right after the warranty expired. I even had to go as far as removing the video cards, and "baking" them in the oven. It worked.... for a little while, then I would have to do it all over again.

At the current moment, the Dell Inspiron 15 7000 is the best in that price range. But... if I were in your position I would wait a bit. The  Lenovo Y520 is my recommendation. Out of the Dell, Acer, and Lenovo, I would definitely go with the Lenovo. Just personal experience, I have had way more quality issues with Dell and Acer as opposed to Lenovo.

I definitely think you should save up and wait for the Acer Aspire X; it's got a gtx 1060 and is only slated to be $1000 I believe. Everything under $1k for the most part has some really off putting flaw aside from the cheaper Clevo/Sager model if I remember correctly. 

looked for it couldnt find it where is it ? is it a laptop because i need the portability i would take a gtx 1050ti laptop over a gtx 1080 desktop 

What are the components?

Things what i need : 

IPS display

1TB space

at least 8GB RAM

Back lit keyboard

Good graphics card

Good processor

Decent battery life

Not overheating

MAX budget about 1100$

Zaw, for an economical gaming laptop for $1049, there is the MSI GE72VR APACHE PRO-010 17.3'' i7-6700HQ 12GB RAM, 1TB HDD + 128GB SSD, and NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB VRAM with IPS display.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/R-MSI-GE72VR-APACHE-PRO-010-17-3-i7-6700HQ-12GB-1TB-128SSD-GTX-1060-6G-IPS-/352017457834

Even more economical from the huge seller ADORAMA for $859.99 new, is the MSI GP62MVR LEOPARD PRO-248US 15.6" Full HD IPS, i7 6700HQ, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB VRAM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MSI-15-6-Full-HD-IPS-Gaming-Notebook-Computer-Intel-Core-i7-6700HQ-2-6GHz-/371907210881

These are similarly priced to new 1050 TI laptops, however perform much better. For example, Mass Effect Andromeda 1080p Ultra on a GTX 1060 is 54.6 FPS and on a GTX 1050 TI is 27.9 FPS. Battery life can always be extended with performance settings and frame limiting to half the refresh rate.

The Top Gaming Laptop based on reviews in UK this 2017 are the following:

1. Asus ROG Strix GL702VM
2. Alienware 17
3. MSI GL62-6QC 065UK 
4. Asus RoG GL552VW-DM201T
5. Dell Inspiron 15 7559

You just have to check to know which will be suitable for you.