Will an Akitio Node work with a 2015 15in MacBook Pro? Anyone doing this as their setup?

milkyjoe2

• 3 weeks later...

I think I have a similar question. I have a macbook 13" (late 2013) and want to know if this will work with the Akitio Thunder3 with the Apple Thunderbolt 3 to 2 converter cable. I want the Akitio thunder3 as I'll upgrade my macbook in a year or two and want to future proof my purchases. Would like to get definite confirmation from someone who has tried it themselves.

Edited by dishwasherd

• 2 months later...

it's a bidirectional adapter. so you can use it with a thunderbolt cable to connect the node into a 2015 MBP. i haven't yet got mine working (work in progess), but i have managed to get my gtx egpu recognised in device manager, and i saw it in msi afterburner too. but still working on it, as for some reason nvidia driver won't install, gets stuck on preparing to install. 

• 1 month later...