(Solved??)Prostar (Clevo) P150EM Beeping sound when booting, shutdown after.

VoltSh0ck

Hello everyone, today I woke up to my daily routine of going on my laptop to game when it suddenly started doing a beeping sound and blinking numlock/cap lock lights and shortly afterwards it shutdown by itself. I booted up a few times and it would do the same thing, beeping/blinking lights and then shutdown. I've already opened it up and reseated the ram, cleaned the fans, and reinserted the battery and HDD. Is this a faulty GPU or CPU?? What do I do? 

Heres my full specs:

i7-3630qm CPU

Nvidia GTX 670mx GPU

16GB DDR3 Ram

750 GB HDD

Windows 10 Pro

***UPDATE*** I turned on my laptop today for some other unrelated part testing when it started working again!! GPU and the CPU are intact. What's going on here? Why is it working all of sudden now? Was it a false alarm?

Edited by VoltSh0ck

21 hours ago, Khenglish said:

Your GPU died. It's beeping and shutting down because it cannot detect it.

***UPDATE*** I turned on my laptop today for some other unrelated part testing when it started working again!! GPU and the CPU are intact. What's going on here? Why is it working all of sudden now? Was it a false alarm?

7 hours ago, Khenglish said:

Unless you reseated the card I do not expect this to last.

The only thing besides a dying gpu that can cause the beeping and shutdown is a dead or unplugged fan. The laptop won't start beeping until it tries to turn the fan on.

I did heavy tests on the GPU, there's no signs of it dying or anything besides. No artifacts, slowdowns, nothing. I even gamed 4 hours on it and oc'd without problems. Temps are low too. I did however before (when it was still beeping) take out both CPU and GPU fans and cleaned them inside and out. It's most likely the second option that the fan just wasn't responding/unplugged.