Latest News
  • Apologies for the downtime. We had to update our backend and theme.
  • We will continue pushing updates.
  • Apologies for the downtime. We had to update our backend and theme.
  • We will continue pushing updates.
Sign in to follow this  
Relvce

Advice for eGpu setup with 2016 15" Macbook Pro

Relvce    0

Hey Guys!
I have a 2016 15" Macbook Pro with the Radeon Pro 455 Gpu inside.
My plan is to get a working eGpu setup for both Windows and MacOs so I can play games in Windows and use the Gpu ins MacOs for productivity. I also want to just use an external Monitor, I don't need to get it to work on the internal Display.
I also already have a Nvidia GTX 970 from my current Desktop computer that I would like to use.

Unfortunately Razer doesn't sell the Razer Core in Germany but I found one on Ebay for 250€ which is a pretty good price considering that it costs double in America. Also I think this would be the only eGpu solution that I have access to at the moment.

Another thing is that I don't have massive amounts of knowledge to find solutions to problems which may occur during the process and money (the Macbook was already pretty expensive), so I would only do it if it really works well.

The guides from people who got setups like this to work always seem relatively straight forward to me but I wanted to get your opinion first before I buy something for 250€ and it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance!

Johannes

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By don007
      Hello everyone, I currently use my laptop for school/work and I know I could have gotten a better one but I didn't pay for it was given to me from my job. I recently purchased an HP omen accelerator and put a MSI 1050 ti in it. Knowing this set up wasn't going to work. My laptop is a i7  HP ENVY x360 Convertible-15m-bp0xx, it doesn't have any thunderbolt ports, it has a USB Type-C port with HP Sleep and Charge. I provided the picture, look at my ignorance. Please help. Is there another way around this, I feel like intel could have came up with a substitute by now.

• By Jackson Chai
      Dear all,
      I hope someone can help me out here.

I have an Acer Aspire E4-471g Laptop. Intel Core i5-4210U NVIDIA GeForce 820M 16gb DDR3 RAM 512GB SSD

I have an EXP GDC V8 Beast eGPU adapter. I use a power adapter to juice my eGPU by Dell Netzteil ADP-220AB B 12V 18A 220W P/N Y2515 REV A02

I have a Zotac GeForce GTX1050ti 4GB

The Problem:- I did the normal procedure, disable the eGPU. Took out the wifi and replace it with the mpcie cable.

Switch on the computer and I have a blank screen. No screen at all on the laptop screen nor in the external monitor.

Is there a best solution? I have seen the Setup 1.3 but I will do that if that is really the necessity.
    • By Zollins
      I have a Dell Precision M6800 and I would like to build an eGPU for it as the  Nvidia Card is getting a bit old. I have a Xbox 360 Slim lying around. Would it be possible for me to use the Xbox’s GPU ? 
    • By pro noob
      Hi i searched alot and could not find any help regarding external gpu for my hp pavilion model 15-e020tx. Even though its not a really old laptop. Would appreciate if some 1 could guide me to a link if it has already been shared. 

I want e gpu for playing a game dota 2.

specifications of laptop

• By KARTAL
      Hi .
      İ need your hepls. Firstly my notebook model is lenovo z500.
      Intel Core i7 3632QM
      gt645m g.
      i could not find information abouth z500. Does eGPU work on Lenovo z500 ? 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.