Latest News
  • Apologies for the downtime. We had to update our backend and theme.
  • We will continue pushing updates.
  • Apologies for the downtime. We had to update our backend and theme.
  • We will continue pushing updates.
Sign in to follow this  
Relvce

Advice for eGpu setup with 2016 15" Macbook Pro

Relvce    0

Hey Guys!
I have a 2016 15" Macbook Pro with the Radeon Pro 455 Gpu inside.
My plan is to get a working eGpu setup for both Windows and MacOs so I can play games in Windows and use the Gpu ins MacOs for productivity. I also want to just use an external Monitor, I don't need to get it to work on the internal Display.
I also already have a Nvidia GTX 970 from my current Desktop computer that I would like to use.

Unfortunately Razer doesn't sell the Razer Core in Germany but I found one on Ebay for 250€ which is a pretty good price considering that it costs double in America. Also I think this would be the only eGpu solution that I have access to at the moment.

Another thing is that I don't have massive amounts of knowledge to find solutions to problems which may occur during the process and money (the Macbook was already pretty expensive), so I would only do it if it really works well.

The guides from people who got setups like this to work always seem relatively straight forward to me but I wanted to get your opinion first before I buy something for 250€ and it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance!

Johannes

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By jonec016
      Hi guys, I need some help from you guys if you wouldn't mind.  I'm useless

Specs:-

Samsung RV520
      8gb DDR3
      I7 2720qm @2.2ghz
      1x HDD 500gb
      1x HDD 300gb
      Nvidia GTX 650 Ti BOOST
      EXP GDC BEAST 8.5c
      DIY Setup 1.3
      DELL 220w PSU

After a lot of messing around I have managed to get this egpu to work when downgrading to 2gb, Which makes me think I just need to change my TOLUD to get it to work. I have read and tried to make a successful DSDT file however I don't really know what I'm doing with these driver edits and haven't been able to get it to work particularly the error fixing on compiling the dsdt.

However When I did have it working on 2gb ram. I ran heaven Bench, The GTX 650 under load makes strange noises and crashes the display driver multiple times. Could any of you more knowledgeable individuals give me a hand please  Thanks
    • By Nautilus
      After some trial and mostly error, I've come to seek help. This is my setup:
      Dell Inspiron 5759 Windows 10 8 GB RAM Intel i7-6500U Internal GPU: AMD R5 M335 EXP GDC v8 via NGFF (wifi card) External GPU: AMD RX560 4GB Corsair VS350 What I've done so far: I first started with a GTX 1050Ti. My laptop did recognise that card, but obviously I got the code 43 error due to NVidia banning the use of eGPU's in their 10xx series. So I returned that card and bought a RX 560 instead. But now I have even more problems. It's either blackscreen or booting on the internal display. I've tried to hotplug (boot with wifi card, and then when in sleepmode swapping for eGPU), delay the boot by going into BIOS, turning the ATX power on (permanent power via EXP GDC). The only thing I haven't tried is the delay on the EXP GDC.
      Any help is greatly appreciated.
    • By don007
      Hello everyone, I currently use my laptop for school/work and I know I could have gotten a better one but I didn't pay for it was given to me from my job. I recently purchased an HP omen accelerator and put a MSI 1050 ti in it. Knowing this set up wasn't going to work. My laptop is a i7  HP ENVY x360 Convertible-15m-bp0xx, it doesn't have any thunderbolt ports, it has a USB Type-C port with HP Sleep and Charge. I provided the picture, look at my ignorance. Please help. Is there another way around this, I feel like intel could have came up with a substitute by now.

• By Jackson Chai
      Dear all,
      I hope someone can help me out here.

I have an Acer Aspire E4-471g Laptop. Intel Core i5-4210U NVIDIA GeForce 820M 16gb DDR3 RAM 512GB SSD

I have an EXP GDC V8 Beast eGPU adapter. I use a power adapter to juice my eGPU by Dell Netzteil ADP-220AB B 12V 18A 220W P/N Y2515 REV A02

I have a Zotac GeForce GTX1050ti 4GB

The Problem:- I did the normal procedure, disable the eGPU. Took out the wifi and replace it with the mpcie cable.

Switch on the computer and I have a blank screen. No screen at all on the laptop screen nor in the external monitor.

Is there a best solution? I have seen the Setup 1.3 but I will do that if that is really the necessity.
    • By Zollins
      I have a Dell Precision M6800 and I would like to build an eGPU for it as the  Nvidia Card is getting a bit old. I have a Xbox 360 Slim lying around. Would it be possible for me to use the Xbox’s GPU ? 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.