frD

Lenovo idepad 300 14-isk, how to use a eGPU??

Hi, i have some questions about my laptop compatibilty for a egpu

laptp specs:

Intel Core i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz

Intel HD Graphics 520

8 GB RAM DDR3 1600 MHz

so the first question i have, is possible adapt a desktop graphic card to this laptop? i see in this forum about similar models can do it, but what you do think about?

----------

the wifi adapter is a Intel AC 3165 wich is connected to a NGFF port of the laptop, so i will need the NGFF version of the EXP GDC adapter... i am correct in this???

--------

im think get a GTX 1070 or a 1060, the bandwhich of the NGFF port, and the cpu of my laptop have power enougth to use the 1070 or i'll be better a samller graphic card?

---------

other question is what i need to change in the bios to enable correctly the eGPU?

your help be useful to me thanks :)

pd: sorry for my bad english :/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Webshooter38
      Hi all,

I'm debating whether or not to replace the thermal paste in my Lenovo y510p. I've started overclocking a bit, and I have an external fan, but I would like to not have to run the fan as fast because it is a little loud. I have been reading a bit about different thermal pastes, and I'm wondering if there is even a big difference between stock thermal paste, and something like the liquid metal from thermal grizzly. It sounds like it'd work better, but I don't want to fall for a good marketing scheme. If anyone has experience with this and has or hasn't seen big differences, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
      -Web
    • By zepvalue
      Hello guys,
      Thanks for this incredible forum, I hope I will learn a lot from the gurus ! 

I am trying to make my eGpu MSI GT X970 work on my laptop   with K1100M integrated GPU. 

This are my specs:
      CPU: 2.7GHz Intel Core i7-4800MQ (quad-core, 6MB cache, up to 3.7GHz with Turbo Boost) PSU : ??? Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro K1100M / Intel HD Graphics 4600 RAM: 32 GB Storage: 1TB

I got a V8.0 EXP GDC Laptop External Independent Video Card Dock  with the express card version ( I am not really hw savy) and I am looking for a good psu to power my MSI GTX 970 4G  
      Could you kindly suggest a good PSU that i could use to power this GPU ? I am also willing to do as many experiments needed

Thanks for reading my post
      -zepvalue

• By egovanno
      Hello everyone.

I put on a eGpu setup after quite a bit struggle 2 years ago and I used play games just fine. After a while I sold my graphics card gtx 970.
      Now since 2 days I am trying to put the eGpu setup back again this time with a Gtx 770.
      I couldn't understand the problem. I can shut my dGpu off with diy 1.30 setup. ( usb booted)
      And my laptop sees  gtx 770 along with my igpu Intel HD graphics 4000.
      After driver installation when I try to play a game laptop is tring to use iGpu instead of Egpu. (tried to delete and install driver few times)
      With MSI afterburner I can see  eGpu is  %0 all the time.
      Can it be power problem cause graphic cards fans ( Msi gtx 770 twinfrost ) are working all the time they dont stop.
      Or what else can it be. 
      Thx.

• By johnny27284
      Hi everyone, can someone help me out please? If I purchase the 
      Tech|Inferno Elite - Tier I  
      6.00 USD
      Will I be able to download immediately or will i have to wait, thanks in advance.
    • By Konos Vita
      Hello everyone!

I have been going all over internet (well ok, let's not exaggerate) trying to find how to unlock the bios on an old Lenovo G500 with an i5-3230M processor.
      I did try to check if there is any updated bios but that's not the case.
      I also tried using Intel's Extreme Tuning Utility but it looks like I am locked out of any changes.
      I would love to disable Intel boost (3.2 Mhz) and set my actual frequency beyond 2.6Mhz where it stands now and raise it to (say) 2.9 Mhz and see if the stress tests allow for that (temperature-wise).
      Also, I would like to try some gradual undervoltage (if any of you have managed something in this regard, I would love it if you could share the details).

Beyond that, I have a crappy Intel HD Graphics 4000 GPU and I am almost certain I cannot get anythin more from it, but still would love any tips (if any, which I doubt tbh).

Finally, I have added two 4 Gb Gskillz DDR3 and I was wondering if there is any point of changing their clock frequencies.

By the way, this is my first post here, so I am eagerly awaiting to see what this community is all about!

Cheers,
      Konos Vita

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.