Faulty egpu adapter (pe4c 3.0 mpcie)? Error 43

EgT

So in helping someone else with his setup, before his adapter arrived I started to test with my own setup on his laptop to figure out how to make it work.

I got everything working with my setup:

Pe4c 3.0 mpcie egpu adapter

500w psu

Gtx 970

When his gpu arrived it worked fine just needed to enable hot plug in bios. A Gtx 1050.

Then his pe4c 3.0 mpcie came and I tried it once on my own laptop all OK. So the next day we to everything together and it started to give us the error 43, after trying every component the one that was failing was his pe4c 3.0 adapter on mine it worked OK.

Finally I tried his adapter with my laptop and it wasnt even detected(even though it used to), just worked his laptop but with error 43.

I've tried so far:

Different drivers.

Clean windows reinstall.

Different psu.

Different gpu.

Hot plugging but laptop gets really laggy, unstable(somehow it worked twice but after gaming a couple minutes a blue screen an rebooted itself).

Trying different angles for the cable to sit(I thought that maybe the cable was broken but none of this positions seemed to help).

Any suggestions are welcome.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.