Members Graphics Art Thread

Staff Sargent

Granted some of the pictures you could see posted by me could and have been found on the net. I had a gallery web page up for many years and 80% of my images were stolen and claimed by other people. Anyone wanting to use images from me or other posters please ask for the use as some of these could have copyrights to them. If I personally post an image its free to use for personal use.

I do spacescapes, tattoos, portraits and images that look hand drawn but are done with a mouse. Oh and most of my space images have backgrounds used from images taken by NASA telescopes and I got permission to use them in my art. Hope you enjoy.

post-305-14494992222923_thumb.jpg

post-305-14494992220428_thumb.png

post-305-1449499222161_thumb.jpg

post-305-14494992222188_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 7

Holy cow, Thats some mind boggling good stuff you got there Sarge! You sir have earned the NinjaCorp Seal of approval!

None of my stuff looks half that cool but once i get a few cool things 'finished' Ile post as well. Im a sucker for not finishing my stuff haha.

3 of those images have real outer space backgrounds. the first I tweaked the stars a little but the other two I left the backgrounds alone and just created the planets. getting better with the directional lighting which can be tricky taking an image from one app into another like I do all the time. I use anywhere from 2-5 apps to create a single image.

Oooh cool idea. Need to post some of my Ambigram stuff here. For those that don't know, ambigrams are logos, inscriptions, text that read something both upside down and right ways up. They can read the same thing or a completely different thing such as "Love" turn around "Hate" etc. Popular in tattoos.

Oooh cool idea. Need to post some of my Ambigram stuff here. For those that don't know, ambigrams are logos, inscriptions, text that read something both upside down and right ways up. They can read the same thing or a completely different thing such as "Love" turn around "Hate" etc. Popular in tattoos.

that sounds really cool can't wait to see some of those

Great stuff Sarge can't wait to see some of your others. What apps are under you belt thus far, you mentioned looking to build you app library back up. I used older apps myself Bryce 6, Raydream Studio, photo apps like Photoshop, Corel Suites I'll get a real list going and link to read about em when I have my system back. Great stuff Sargent. I even dabbled in Bryce animation quick it makes thing amazingly simple having what it calls Key Events and Bryce can fill in motions in between these said key events.

Granted some of the pictures you could see posted by me could and have been found on the net. I had a gallery web page up for many years and 80% of my images were stolen and claimed by other people. Anyone wanting to use images from me or other posters please ask for the use as some of these could have copyrights to them. If I personally post an image its free to use for personal use.

I do spacescapes, tattoos, portraits and images that look hand drawn but are done with a mouse. Oh and most of my space images have backgrounds used from images taken by NASA telescopes and I got permission to use them in my art. Hope you enjoy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3127[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3128[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3129[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3130[/ATTACH]

Beautiful artworks there Staff Sargent, love to see more!:cocksure::cocksure:

Lets see Poser, Photoshop, currently Bryce 7.1 I use this to create the planets I use in my of my pictures, Illustrator, had some awesome app that created space scapes but can't remember what it was called or who made it and really want it back plus it was free. I also use ACDSee to manage my images. I had about 30 filters for Photoshop to help create effects but lost all those too. There was a few more apps but I can't remember what they were right now. I know I will do a few hours of googling to find new apps to help create the images that come to me plus I have 3 tattoos people want me to design right now. I have also sold some of my works and plan to turn some of my images into prints for sale. working on making my scapes large enough to make large posters. I am also going to start making laptop skins and plan to create an alienware line with the hole for the head on the lid.

This laptop will be the most powerful system I have owned but its the second machine I have had that can handle some of the renders I do without taking days. I had a planet render in Bryce that took 8.5 days, no fun not being able to use a system for a week. I hope with the higher end components and 8GB ram I shouldn't have that type of issue any more.

When I get around to organizing my 1000+ image folder (came from an old back-up) I will post more images. I just have to be careful which ones I post in public as some are works people bought and they own the rights to them now even though I have the right to use them for my portfolio I don't have the right to display them in public. Its funny the only job I have had that didn't involve computers was the army. So look for more images in the near future.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thats awesome i have used much of the same far too many to remember right now but I too will be adding some here and discussing them. Sargent perhaps we can find online photo service thats free that offers some kind of ownership rights and markings etc... like a free service that adds watermarks for you... i have pics to share much are from when i was in high school. its where i came from but i actually look to go far beyond anything i have done in the past. by the looks Sargent you are far ahead of me in experience. Nice works and yes i love the apps you mentioned. I dont have anything so expansive on bryce but i know a scene with just alittle antialiasing can take forever to render.

You might want to use a watermark to prevent the pics from getting stolen by others. Cool stuff!!

I have a small app that allows me to keep images from being downloaded after they are posted. these don't have it but if I post any of my sell-able works they will have that done. Only issue with that is screen shots can always be taken. I have thought about watermarks but find it distracts from the image to much and I just don't like it. If I post an image like here I don't mind others using it just don't like other claiming as their work. Had someone from Italy or some place like that copy about 30 of my images then go onto sell them as his own works. tried to sue him but it was to hard so I gave up. I think about 50 of my creations have never been seem by anyone but myself and maybe my wife. Now that I have this machine though I will start making posters and selling then at fairs or something to make a little money here and there to buy more apps or drawing tablet kinda stuff.

Cool I have same plans minus selling my work. I agree about the watermark. I say we find a legally binding disclaimer on the thread stating we claim ownership and the date of post is like a patent itself since you can claim the date proves yours was first. is this wrong? Btw I am buying a drawing tablet to, going cheap this time bought high end on first and was no different then the lower cost ones. Had graphire 3 gonna get a Bambooo this time.

Edited by mw86

when it comes to copyrights which is a 244 page law, for the most part for the first 50 years a work is automatically copyrighted by the creator without filing for it. If you so do decide to file it only adds another 20 years at which point it becomes public domain after that. ( I learned the hard way with a game I created many many years ago, I sold the rights and lost out of tons of $$$)

has anyone heard of an app that creates space scapes? I had one about 1-2 years ago and I am pretty sure it was free, it did amazing thing and I want to find it again but can't remember who created it an all I can remember was it wasn't any large company might have been a single person type program. what follows is an example of a piece I started in the app.

post-305-14494992303956_thumb.jpg

the planets were imported from bryce but otherwise all is what ever app this was.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bryce has always been good in itself to make space scales or as you made planets too... I will join your endeavour and try to help find it... You have absolutely no other infos though? I will look around the net too.

@Staff Sargent if you still have those unfinished files maybe you could find the program by the file extension of the projects it creates ? (just a thought)

Thanks for you idea, its a .png file which has support with 1000s of apps I now know. I did find a site that has a list of apps that use it but after reading 4-5 pages of apps and checking a few dozen I gave up for now. I have some backup DVDs that I will have to seriously look though and see if I can find the app that way. wish I could remember more about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

really nice work sarge!! i enjoy planetary/interplanetary images a lot :)

was just looking at the planets on page 1. i did a cupboad a while ago, with some invader zim / stitch stuff on it... and i made some planets using spray paint. was a lot of fun to do, here is a pic of the thing, not quite done but i don't have a newer pic available here.

post-1903-14494992715053_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

thats spectacular deadbydawn that takes quite some skillz. Great job!

thx dude! :) i also did a mario wall in our living room ^^ again, this is a in-progress-picture, i never got any pics of finished stuff i just noticed...>=( the backgrounds of the different characters were painted blue (like the background blue of the wall) afterwards, and i added 3d-shadows with airbrush in the end.

post-1903-14494992721194_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2