CPU Cores effects on eGPU

wokermin

I don't know if I'm posting this in the right section and I've tried searching the forum. Anyways, since the Razer Blade Stealth only has 2 cores CPU and it seems to run quite well with its Razer Core, I'm wondering what is the difference in performance between 2 cores vs 4 cores for an eGPU setup. The reason I'm asking is because I'm looking to buy a laptop but still not sure about getting an ultrabook (Spectre x360 Kaby Lake or XPS 13 Kaby Lake) or a 4 cores CPU laptop (XPS 15 or something else). I'm fully aware that it also depends on the game but just asking for an estimate. 

Any insight is welcome!

(P/s: English is not my first language so please pardon any mistakes.)

Like you said, it really does depend on the game. It used to be that PC games didn't utilize all 4 cores, so a 2 core CPU with equal or better single core performance would do very well on those games. That's rapidly changing with modern releases though.

Go with a quad-core if you can afford too. It's a laptop so you don't have the luxury of overclocking a dual-core to squeeze more performance out of it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.