I need some help. eGPU on Dell 14r 5437

Hello everyone,

I need some help to setup a eGPU on my laptop for play games and achieve 144hz at my ASUS VG248 monitor.

I found on the internet about egpu and I have some doubts.

Thinking about a GTX 960-980 to connect in my monitor for 144hz and best garphics.

My laptop configuration is :

Dell  Inspiron 5437

Manufacturer Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz

Virtual Memory 8GB DDR3
Adaptor Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

Display Adapters
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

Sound Devices
Áudio Intel(R) para telas
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
Dispositivo de High Definition Audio
USB Controllers
Intel(R) 8 Series USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 - 9C26
Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)

Sorry for my bad english :$

Thank you everyone

Hello, we have similar setups as I am using a Dell Inspiron 5749 with a EXP GDC Beast v8.0 through mPCIE.

I had success with a GT 610 running through the eGPU adapter with it using the laptops internal monitor but seeming your thinking about getting a GTX 960 or 980 you should be fine :) as long as you don't try using a 10-series card.

The reason I say not to use any 10-series cards is because there's a huge driver problem when using these cards, If you wish to know more about this problem look into my topic mPCIE Error 43 with 10-series cards

I payed about $30 for the EXP GDC Beast v8.0 and waited about a month for China.

I never done this with a dedicated GPU which is your NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M but, ive read that you might need to disable it but i'd suggest looking around the forum a bit.

I looked into your computer here's some resources and info about your Laptop you may need to know.

Spoiler

Link to Manual for your Dell:

http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_inspiron_laptop/inspiron-14r-5437_owner's manual_en-us.pdf 

Picture of your Dell motherboard. (Inspiron 14R 5437)

You probably already know you will need lose your wifi card so you will need to use a usb wifi adapter instead, if your using wifi.

Original-For-font-b-DELL-b-font-Inspiron

Edited by xzknightzx

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.