GTX 1060 error 43 EGPU

DaSpaceMonkey

I am using an EGPU on my Lenovo Y510p (http://imgur.com/HN51mJj). I have hooked up the GPU and booted up windows and I got the error 43 message (http://imgur.com/QfhThfh). I a using a Corsair CX600PSU and the V8.0 EXP GDC Beast EGPU enclosure (http://www.banggood.com/Mini-PCI-E-Version-V8_0-EXP-GDC-Beast-Laptop-External-Independent-Video-Card-Dock-p-1011222.html).

Edited by DaSpaceMonkey

On 12/28/2016 at 4:14 PM, DaSpaceMonkey said:

I am using an EGPU on my Lenovo Y510p (http://imgur.com/HN51mJj). I have hooked up the GPU and booted up windows and I got the error 43 message (http://imgur.com/QfhThfh). I a using a Corsair CX600PSU and the V8.0 EXP GDC Beast EGPU enclosure (http://www.banggood.com/Mini-PCI-E-Version-V8_0-EXP-GDC-Beast-Laptop-External-Independent-Video-Card-Dock-p-1011222.html).

-

Disable automatic driver installation

uninstall dgpu and egpu drivers

download old nvidia driver ( i used 376.33)

reboot

install old driver

-

egpu should now work, it did for me.

if not, fiddle around by disabling gpus and using different drivers or gdc beast delay.

also, check if the egpu shows an image in BIOS.

9 hours ago, ceigyx said:

-

Disable automatic driver installation

uninstall dgpu and egpu drivers

download old nvidia driver ( i used 376.33)

reboot

install old driver

-

egpu should now work, it did for me.

if not, fiddle around by disabling gpus and using different drivers or gdc beast delay.

also, check if the egpu shows an image in BIOS.

Ok I just swapped GPUs with my brother (now I have a GTX 960). And it is working now (with current drivers), I am going to wait till there is a driver fix (if there is going to be one). Thanks for the help. 

I had similar issues (even read this thread looking for help) and after a bit of trial and error I managed to sort them out. I'll describe my setup and what I did to resolve the Error Code 43.

Laptop:

Lenovo y510p with Dual Nvidia 755m (SLI)

16GB RAM

SATA SSD and NGFF SSD

Windows 10

I have recently bought the EXP GDC Beast Laptop External Independent Video Card Dock + Mini PCI-E Cable   WITH POWER ADAPTER along with a Zotac 1060 6GB AMP card.

The supplied PSU outputs 220w of which the Zotac 1060 requires 140w.

Before you begin - make sure you uninstall the Nvidia Laptop drivers completely

Remove Ultra Bay GFX if you have it (Should be removed by this point to get to the WiFi card)

Disable 755M & Intel 4600 GFX adaptors in Device Manager

Download and install - 368.81-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql

Connect HDMI cable to external GFX card (critical step this one...)

My set up is working perfectly and is stable. I did try to go back to the 372.xx drivers and nothing worked so I went back further to 368.81

I hope this helps.

Device Manager.PNG

Edited by Contact
adding photo
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Contact said:

I had similar issues (even read this thread looking for help) and after a bit of trial and error I managed to sort them out. I'll describe my setup and what I did to resolve the Error Code 43.

Laptop:

Lenovo y510p with Dual Nvidia 755m (SLI)

16GB RAM

SATA SSD and NGFF SSD

Windows 10

I have recently bought the EXP GDC Beast Laptop External Independent Video Card Dock + Mini PCI-E Cable   WITH POWER ADAPTER along with a Zotac 1060 6GB AMP card.

The supplied PSU outputs 220w of which the Zotac 1060 requires 140w.

Before you begin - make sure you uninstall the Nvidia Laptop drivers completely

Remove Ultra Bay GFX if you have it (Should be removed by this point to get to the WiFi card)

Disable 755M & Intel 4600 GFX adaptors in Device Manager

Download and install - 368.81-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql

Connect HDMI cable to external GFX card (critical step this one...)

My set up is working perfectly and is stable. I did try to go back to the 372.xx drivers and nothing worked so I went back further to 368.81

I hope this helps.

Device Manager.PNG

I was trying to install the 368.81 desktop drivers after disabling 755m and Intel graphics and got an error. It said that it couldn't find the compatable graphics hardware. What should I do?Ae55bYG.jpg

Hi,

Check to see if your eGPU is being detected in Device Manager as I had that issue when I rebooted and it stopped seeing my card.

Press F2 on reboot and go into the BIOS  - Check what your Graphics settings are - What are your Graphics set to?

Exit out and then boot into Windows normally and see if your external card is being detected in Device Manager. 

Make sure that you are downloading drivers for the Desktop Nvidia cards and not the Laptop ones.

That is pretty strange...

Has your device manager ever identified the eGPU as a 1060 or has it always come up as the Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor?

If it hasn't ever been identified as the 1060 then there could possibly be an issue with one or maybe more of the below:

1) 1060 Graphics card

2) eGPU Adaptor (Cable not seated properly or faulty unit)

3) Power Supply Unit  (faulty rail or not supplying enough amps on the rail)

Easiest way to check the this would be to:

1) Try a different external graphics card (borrow one from a friend etc.)

2) Connect your current setup to another laptop

It is essential that Windows identifies the eGPU as the 1060 (or whatever card you have inserted) otherwise the drivers won't install.

19 hours ago, Contact said:

That is pretty strange...

Has your device manager ever identified the eGPU as a 1060 or has it always come up as the Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor?

If it hasn't ever been identified as the 1060 then there could possibly be an issue with one or maybe more of the below:

1) 1060 Graphics card

2) eGPU Adaptor (Cable not seated properly or faulty unit)

3) Power Supply Unit  (faulty rail or not supplying enough amps on the rail)

Easiest way to check the this would be to:

1) Try a different external graphics card (borrow one from a friend etc.)

2) Connect your current setup to another laptop

It is essential that Windows identifies the eGPU as the 1060 (or whatever card you have inserted) otherwise the drivers won't install.

I also have this problem the only difference is my asus laptop just cant tottaly detect my egpu you are lucky for microsoft basic display adaptor to show up.. you just have to mod/edit the nvami.inf inside the nvidia folder(nvami.inf is for asus) for other brands there is other name... im still hoping for my gtx 1070 to show up at my device manager

• 1 month later...

Hello!

My configuration is MSI GT70 (i7-4700, 32Gb, 970M)

Got the same error 43. Resolve after disable in System Device PCI-Express x16 Controller - where lived dGPU (970M). After that all is ok!

Error_43_2.jpg

Edited by user7780

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

hi

i have same problem ... my egpu is msi gaming x 1060 and my laptop is asus x450ld 

i did all of thoes but still nothing hpend just shows the NVIDIA GeforceGTX 1060 6GB in the device manager with a yellow mark and error 43 

plz help me to fix it

http://uupload.ir/files/xps_1551383510455-934387929.jpg

Edited by omiiid1

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.