Will the Dell Nvidia Quadro K5100M work in the GT780DXR?

Hi,

Now that I upgraded my processor to a i7-2920xm I need a better graphics card than a 7970m for rendering and gaming. Firstly, will the DELL Nvidia Quadro K5100M graphics card work in the GT780DXR? Secondly, is it better than the 7970M in gaming (obviously in rendering it is far better).

I put a DELL 7970M in my laptop a few years back as an upgrade, it worked without any issues, I just need to know if the K5100M is compatible in my laptop (if the VBIOS will need modding or not) and if it will cause driver issues or not.

Thanks

Hello

Only GTX 770M and GTX 765M(modded Driver) are working there.

And not all GTX 765M are working,there are 2 different Board ID`s.

All other Cards with Keplerchip like GTX 670MX/GTX 675MX/GTX 680M/GTX 680MX/GTX 780M/GTX 880M/K 3000M/K 3100M/K 4000M/K 4100M/K 5000M/K5100M are not

working in MS-1761.

But GTX 970M is working in this Barebone.

Edited by Bloetschkopf

Hi,

Well I think I'm screwed as I bought the graphics card yesterday, please help me make it work.

By the way the 680M does work in this laptop I have seen it work so maybe there is a chance??

The k5100m is from dell and I've heard that dell gpus work better in this model.

Is there any hope?

Also forgot to mention this isn't the barebones version, it is the ms-17612 I think, the one that DOESNT have a backlight keyboard 

The GTX 680M don`t work and the K5100M also don`t work,You can find this in every forum.

Whatever You saw,i think it was never a GTX 680M.

It`s also like the GTX 765M,this Card works not in all Revisions off the Board.

This Problem have a lot of Barebones with Sandybridge CPU that Kepler not works.

Edited by Bloetschkopf

Hi,

Thank you for this advice, it seems as this laptop has failed me then, I knew I should of bought an Asus laptop, anyway I was thinking of buying this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CyberPowerPC-HX7-17-3-Gaming-Laptop-GTX-770M-i7-4700MQ-16GB-like-MSI-GT70-/322356319651?hash=item4b0def15a3:g:hBkAAOSwMVdYFM7T

Will this handle the gpu I bought, I have honestly had enough with MSI always overheating and breaking down, they are not reliable but they do have nice features and thats about it (even then the UK versions are restricted from simple things like a backlight keyboard). Never buying MSI again.

Please let me know if this laptop that I might buy will support the gpu.

Thanks

Wow those benchmarks are very good, unfortunately I don't have that much money, will the laptop I showed you (based on the GT70) work with the quadro K5100M

I just don't want the money to go to waste, I bought my GT780DXR for only £250 so I can easily make profit from that

So I tried the quadro k5100m the laptop turned on but didn't even load windows. Why is that?

If there is no mxm in the laptop it will load windows on a black screen 

Getting alienware 18x now with 7970m crossfire as this MSI is no use to me