EGPU with NVIDIA GTX 1050 ti

Laferu

• 2 weeks later...

Currently running driver 375.70 and relatively stable. I realised I shouldn't be pushing my laptop too hard so I shut down the screen on the laptop and am running it solely on the eGPU. Still gets buggy sometimes but much more stable than before. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/24/2017 at 4:33 PM, Ajayajayaj said:

Hey @SoulKnot, check techinferno forum (where I found out how), there is a post about it. I can walk you through if you would like (to unlock it yourself and modify it yourself to enable hotplugging). I'm pretty sure you have an Ami bios (because you have Asus like me). I did a stupid mistake and corrupted my bios and had to get a programmer and program it by opening up the computer, but now that I know the mistake, I can make sure you don't do it. (There is a notice on the techinferno unlocking tutorial, that's from me).

@SoulKnot [ send a private message for a link to a tutorial online ]. Send a private message if you want me to try to walk you through it.

I had zero experience before, but now that I have done it, I know it's not that hard. I was very hesitant to do it.

@Ajayajayaj would you help me unlocking mine? I've already tried a bunch of stuff to enable this hot plug...

I have a Dell Inspiron 7559 with AMI Aptio bios.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.