EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Yagonagos

How to get HDMI working again after upgrading laptop graphics card?

Sup everybody

A few months back, I bought an Alienware GTX 780m to replace my ASUS GTX 460m that was in my ASUS G53JW laptop. I had zero knowledge or experience, but thanks to all the guides you wrote, the card immediately worked after flashing an ASUS GTX 780m vbios onto it. The fans were controlled, and my graphics performed many times better than it did before. The only issue was that HDMI stopped working.

At the time, I didn't need HDMI, but now I do. Can you help me out?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Klem
      If someone wants upgrade Wi-Fi card and remove witelist, or unlock hidden additional menus and settings, or unlocked vbios for overclock NVIDIA card, then you can post your request in this thread.

It's for Lenovo Z710, Z510 only!
    • By Andrew2009
      Please could you check if it is possible to unlock my A17 BIOS? I have Alienware 17 R5(2013). 120 Ghz 3D. gtx 980 m. I want upgrade to 1070 but I have dark picture. Turns on but does not start with 1070. 980m-All good. What could it be?
    • By warrimonk
      I recently upgraded my Dell M6700 from a Quadro K4000M to Quadro M4000M and I am experiencing an odd problem. 

The GPU no longer is able to detect monitor resolutions or specifications past 1080p 60Hz. 
      I have a Sony X900H TV (4k and 120hz capable) as well as a 3440x1440 144Hz UW monitor.

With the K4000M GPU I was able to max out the HDMI 1.4 specifications (4k@30Hz, 1080p@120Hz, 3440x1440@45Hz). 
      Now with the M4000M, I am unable to do anything past 1920x1080@60Hz.

Forcing custom resolutions in Nvidia control panel causes displays to bug out. I think this has something to do with the modified INF drivers? Or maybe the GPU is limited in this laptop?
      If anyone has any experience with this, please let me know the fix. 
    • By Aun
      I am trying to find unlocked bios for overclocking but i cannot find it from a few days please someone help in me. its for my alienware 17 r3 with 970m and i7 6700hq.

my dumped gpu bios

i would really appreciate your help!

and btw rn i OCed thru msi after burner core clock +135 and memory clock +250.

cpu gpuz pic
      gpu pic

• By Toloni
      I am very aware of the healthy skepticism of most if not all of you. I therefore kindly ask of you not to spew out the fact that its impossible to build a laptop at me but instead attempt to help me to make this somewhat possible for the next person interested in the idea.

I already have:
      somewhere to buy a screen: https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/ somewhere to buy a motherboard, CPU, GPU, RAM, storage and other things although I would be very interested should you recommend other places where I can get these  
      I will build the cooling system myself

I need:
      somewhere to buy a laptop shell (I am aware of how difficult it is to find one and am therefore very flexible on all other components) somewhere to buy a power supply  
      Thank you very much for helping me and pushing the possibility of building a custom laptop ever so slightly more realistic

Toloni

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.