Can anyone give me a non-gsync vbios for 1060m? thanks

MSI  1C60:

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/188974/188974

MSI  1C20:

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/188952/188952

Edited by Klem
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, solidus1983 said:

What is the Device ID of the GPU is it 1C20 or 1C60. As you can't flash a 1C20 vbios to 1C60 and visa versa it will brick the card. I have the vbios for all GTX 1060 / 1070's for non gsync and gsync's.?

What is the non gsync vbios version? So as I can ask the seller for me to get a non gysnc one. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I think about little change in my MS-16F4 (PSU 180 Watt, Haswell 4910 qm), from GTX870 3GB to: GTX980 or GTX1060, which should be better?

In my opinion 1060.

What do You think?

Edited by Polip

On 20.10.2017 at 8:18 PM, Polip said:

Hello!

I think about little change in my MS-16F4 (PSU 180 Watt, Haswell 4910 qm), from GTX870 3GB to: GTX980 or GTX1060, which should be better?

In my opinion 1060.

What do You think?

Of course the GTX 1060 is the better Choise.

It needs less Power for more Performance.

The Price is only it little hgher.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, this is my first post on here so go easy on me,   I am thinking of upgrading my msi GT70 from a (had a 770m previously )970m to a 980m which I know will be plug and play without breaking a sweat. BUT I am also intrigued by the 1060m

I know it's not plug and play but can someone please tell me what the know issues are so I can weigh up the pros n con of proceeding with my quest to upgrade my laptop. Some of you might have seen my video on youtube  https://goo.gl/7wcXSL    it's a straightforward video to understand.

Can someone tell me what the steps are to install a 1060m, replacing a 970m, I modified my heat sink to fit my current 970m

Will I need to regrind my heatsink again?

Will i need to upgrade my firmware?

Will i need to update the 1060m vbio?

Where can i get a modded nvidia drivers for the 1060m?

What version of 1060m will i need and where can i get one?

• Thumbs Up 1

Good afternoon.
Can I work with the GPU 1060?

Notebook MSI GT70 0NC-1089XRU CPU i7-3610QM
If you order cooling for the GPU separately, the same as in my laptop for a GPU fit that you need to do to fit the GPU?
What version of the GPU do you need from CLEVO? There are several options?
What should I change in vBIOS and what kind of firewood should I put?
Or they can be changed?
How to make sure that the official drivers are installed?

• 2 months later...
On 12/25/2016 at 6:38 PM, Bloetschkopf said:

10DE&DEV_1C60&SUBSYS_11FF1462

Vbios

86.06.19.00.08 without G-Synck.png

IMG_8207.JPG

GTX1060 MXM 3.0 Typ B.jpg

hello !!

i have a question the top heatsink is maxwell and the bottom one is kepler if im not mistaken , there are some green sections in the kepler where we need to "raise" to get contact with the gpu component in that area , in the maxwell it does not show any part we need to "raise" just remove , just want to confirm if the maxwell heatsink we need to raise anything or is just remove the red parts? thanks for your time

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:47 AM, Bloetschkopf said:

For both You need to fill the green Area with Thermal Pads

thank you very much !!

one more thing , my gt60 haswell has uefi OS installed , just to confirm do i need to reinstall OS in legacy mode in order the gtx 1060 to work right?

Some help would be appreciated. I have installed a GTX 1060 in my GT70 2PC (haswell 4th gen i7 came with GTX 870m) I have modified the driver inf and gotten the drivers to install. However, Optimus is NOT working. Also when i launch a 3d game the graphics are all glitchy and the screen flashes. I can not figure out what I have done wrong. I have tried several different driver installs with different section IDs. And yes I have disabled driver enforcement prior to install.

I am at a loss. Thanks in advance. Dan

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 8:59 PM, scloutkst2889 said:

Some help would be appreciated. I have installed a GTX 1060 in my GT70 2PC (haswell 4th gen i7 came with GTX 870m) I have modified the driver inf and gotten the drivers to install. However, Optimus is NOT working. Also when i launch a 3d game the graphics are all glitchy and the screen flashes. I can not figure out what I have done wrong. I have tried several different driver installs with different section IDs. And yes I have disabled driver enforcement prior to install.

I am at a loss. Thanks in advance. Dan

afaik OS must be installed in legacy mode (according from information on this thread) are you running legacy or uefi?

On 3/7/2018 at 9:14 AM, panamaniacs2011 said:

afaik OS must be installed in legacy mode (according from information on this thread) are you running legacy or uefi?

I have tried in both uefi and legacy mode. I have tried all possible section ids. perhaps someone with a gt70 can send me their modified .inf file or tell me what section id they used.

After a lot of frustration, I am finally making headway on the issue. After A WHOLE LOT OF TRIAL AND ERROR... I seem to be getting full performance from the GTX 1060. However Optimus is not working. I have a  GT70 2PC for reference. the section ID I am using is 160. will continue trying more IDs and see if I can get optimus working or better performance.

Below I will leave the string I am using in my modified nvmii.inf

%NVIDIA_DEV.1C60.11FF.1462% = Section160, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C60&SUBSYS_11FF1462

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/27/2017 at 1:52 AM, Bebotrip said:

Hi buddyes! I post this at nootebookreview but i think here they ara a lot of people interested with this! 

gt 1060 Upgrde succes! And its so amazing cooler and powerfull. With i7 3630qm i have 9250 points on fire strike (last update) with stock clocks!

This is not posible without help of Svet!

If anyone wants to upgrade here is my steps. First of all whe need 1c60 card. Eactly with this ID NVIDIA_DEV.1C60.11FF.1462

1- Flash unlocked bios and t.24 EC ( thanks to Svet)

2-Install your OS with Legacy boot, here with windows 10 pro LEgecy, maybe needs to convert storage to MBR

3-Update intel chipset and VGA drivers to last release

4-Mod last Nvidia drivers, nvmii and dispi needed, thanks to Svet!!

5-Boot with driver enforcment disabling ( hold Mayus key when push Restart button, i think option 7)

6-Install modded drivers

7-Enjoy !!!!!

After a lot of test, everithing works includes keyboard colors, only cant regulate brightness but its for EC. In battlefield 1 its runs with Auto Fans and really quiet, stays at 75Cº. With turbo fan on, stays at 63cº!!!! Amazing!!

PD: @Bugii Your problems its fied with legacy install of windows 10

hello !! is only windows 10 or it can be windows 8.1 as well ?, also what modifications have to be made to dispi file ?, i modded nvmii file only and i get a black screen after reboot D:

Edited by panamaniacs2011
info

ok good news on my end . i got it working with the help of Svet and its performing like a charm . Now its worth mentioning that he does not know if it will work on windows 8.1 and furthermore what makes this work is the way the nvmii.inf file is modded . I was replacing a gtx 1060 entry with my gpu id (which didnt worked) so what he did is erase all 1c60 (there are 3 groupings of these) entries from the inf file and use the first 1c20 entry to replace with the gtx 1060 installed on the laptop that is basically what he did in a nutshell. if any of you need the inf file for 392.01 pm to send it so you can see for yourself what he did. btw my model is a gt60 2oc with 3k monitor ips .

• 1 month later...
On 18.3.2018 at 5:19 PM, panamaniacs2011 said:

ok good news on my end . i got it working with the help of Svet and its performing like a charm . Now its worth mentioning that he does not know if it will work on windows 8.1 and furthermore what makes this work is the way the nvmii.inf file is modded . I was replacing a gtx 1060 entry with my gpu id (which didnt worked) so what he did is erase all 1c60 (there are 3 groupings of these) entries from the inf file and use the first 1c20 entry to replace with the gtx 1060 installed on the laptop that is basically what he did in a nutshell. if any of you need the inf file for 392.01 pm to send it so you can see for yourself what he did. btw my model is a gt60 2oc with 3k monitor ips .

The GTX 1070 is also working in GT70,but the Fan is allways running with 100%

The Card is from a Zotac Zbox EN1070,but the Fan runs also with Clevo and MSI Vbios 100%.

May be the Card from Gecube or Aetina is working without this Issue.

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/12771729
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/12771878
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/26545736
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/26607267
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/26607372

GTX 1080 is also working,but don`t fits mechanically

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/12757596

IMG_5173.JPG

IMG_5172.JPG

Edited by Bloetschkopf

• 3 months later...
On 1/1/2017 at 12:23 PM, Bloetschkopf said:

In MS-1762 the GTX 1060 in Bechmark only work maximum with 60FPS like G-Sync.

I never have throttlen,not in MS-1762,MS-1763 or MS1782.

Here some Benchmark :

Hello,

@Bloetschkopf

and @ anyone else successfully upgraded GPU for MS-1762

From the the post above and some others on this thread (and other threads in other forums), it seems I can upgrade my GPU.

My laptop is a Hyrican 1762 which is an MSI GT70 0NE clone :

• i7-3630QM @ 2.4GHz
  • GeForce GTX 680M
  • 20GB RAM (4 slots)
  • Windows 7 professional X64-bit

I have been following the posts on upgrade possibilities but kept away because of high prices.  It seems that with then new RTX 20xx series, prices are finally dropping.

Anyway I have found an Aetina version of the GTX 1060 MXM, analytical specs link :

• Model Number M3N1060-MN
  • Bus Type MXM 3.1
  • Memory Size 6GB GDDR5
  • Memory Clock (MHz) 4000 (8.0 Gbps)
  • Form Factor MXM graphics module version 3.1 Type B
  • Dimensions (mm) 105x82

image.png.a3c803c6a3e72c1131b9244f879ae476.png

Will this work you think?

What steps in addition to the physical replacement of my 680M ?

Bios? / drivers? / other?

Thank you in advance!

Christos

PS :  I assume that this MXM board for the Clevo P7 series, with a separate power supply socket, across the PCI pins, will not work?

It also looks like it's wider.

image.png.1bc11aace9b6f231273f79a2f3fe273f.png

Edited by csimeon

• 4 months later...

Hi @Bloetschkopf. I am interested in installing a 1060 or 1070 in my GT70 2PE. I have some questions around that:

1) I have seen here that some people can only get it working with the BIOS set to Legacy. This would be very bad for me, since I use dual boot Linux & Windows in a RAID configuration and Legacy gave me a lot of problems. Did you get it working in UEFI mode?

2) Should I worry about g-sync? How to know if these 1060/1070 are g-sync or not? I would stick with the non g-sync versions.

3) The last I have seen from you is that the 1070 is working but with the fan at 100% all-time. Did you managed to overcome this issue? How much worth it is this 1070 over the MSI branded 1060?

• 3 years later...