Setup 1.30 Discussion

eGPU Enthusiast

Hi,

I have 2 partitions:  on partition C and E. 

I have my windows 7 x64 on C and installed setup 1.3 on it... but my eGpu is not working (error 43 even with DSDT override).

So I decided to install another fresh windows 7 x64  on E. I uninstalled setup 1.3 on C and installed it on E

But when I chainload setup 1.3 (tried with all options possible: MBR, MBR2, bootmgr), I get an error if I boot the windows that is on E.

I get "Windows failed to start.....a required device isn't connected or can't be access"

any clue?

hi guys I have an issue with getting GDC EXP V8.0 to work it's hangs on bios lenovo logo

my system

lenovo z470

egpu gtx 960 windforce x2 4gb

dgpu gt 520m

igpu hd3000

PSU cooler master b700 700w

4gb ram

do I need to do dsdt override or anything else ?

Edited by badrazizi

hi all,

i cant do whitelist with setup 1.3x.(my laptop is hp with obvious whitelisting problem)

save port>shutdown>put exp gdc mpice>turn on>enable port>restore port.  

but it is not detected?!

and my setup 1.3 FREZEE and can't comeback to menu. any ideas?

Hi guys, I have been trying to install Nando 1.2 or 1.3 patch for my egpu setup, followed all the steps but once I mount the external image and boot into windows (and get prompted to choose 1.2 patch on boot screen( I get the following error (see updated image).

I have a late 2012 mbp retina with nvidia 650m and windows installed on an external ssd drive without bootcamp.

Any help on this would be much appreciated..

FullSizeRender.jpg

should I buy the pearl p4E instead.. does it work better than the GDC beast? cuz I installed a second windows 10 for nothing .. setup 1.3x is not working on it... see my previous posts (btw this thread is a mess with tons of unanswered posts and posts just get ignored and disappears with so many posts)

8 hours ago, nofis said:

Hi guys, I have been trying to install Nando 1.2 or 1.3 patch for my egpu setup, followed all the steps but once I mount the external image and boot into windows (and get prompted to choose 1.2 patch on boot screen( I get the following error (see updated image).

I have a late 2012 mbp retina with nvidia 650m and windows installed on an external ssd drive without bootcamp.

FullSizeRender.jpg

8 hours ago, nofis said:

FullSizeRender.jpg

Pls check if your using got or mbr partitions to host your windows. Setup 1.20 requires mbr partitions. If it is mbr and disk image install is still problematic, then pls use a USB stick installation instead.

Hi Tech Inferno Fan, HDD are MBR (checked with diskpart and list disk, my boot ssd hard drive which has windows on it is MBR), on the other hand I also tried to make a boot usb stick as stated on the instructions: 

Create a USB stick. This must be done if you have GPT partitions (UEFI-boot) but is optional for BIOS-MBR boot instead of the disk image install.

Code:

1. Download and install RMPrepUSB [~6MB]

2. Ensure you've run c:\eGPU\eGPU-Setup-mount.bat so have a V:[DIYEGPUIMG] drive

3. Run RMPrepUSB, set options as shown in red here to copy the disk image onto a bootable USB stic

It gets recognised on the startup of mac (get two windows drives) but does not make any difference.

41 minutes ago, nofis said:

Hi Tech Inferno Fan, HDD are MBR (checked with diskpart and list disk, my boot ssd hard drive which has windows on it is MBR), on the other hand I also tried to make a boot usb stick as stated on the instructions: 

It gets recognised on the startup of mac (get two windows drives) but does not make any difference.

Pls use easybcd to add a second boot item to your primary her that points to the windows on your Usb drive.

Then install setup 1.30 on the primary her and use its chainloading mbr to bring up that primary her bootmenu from which you select the usb HDD win installation.

Need to do this because the grub bootloader probably does not recognize your Usb drive and so can't boot the setup 1.30 image off it.

Ok today i formatted my ssd to install a fresh win10 32bit losing out my oem licence btw. But i still get a Bsod when i chainload with setup 1.3 (tried all chainloading method mbr mbr2 etc)

i get error Your device needs to be repaired. 

File \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Error code 0xc000000e

Ant clue?

Hi guys,

As title I'm getting some issue with setup 1.3 startup.bat on windows 7 home premium x64.

I found the configuration that work, but if i use startup.bat on boot, it doesn't work.

i have to repeat the conf every time from menu based than -> chainloader -> test run ed everything works well.

Any ideas for the why startup.bat doesn't work correctly?

Thanks in advance

Edited by turilapa

Hi there!

I’m trying to configure Setup 1.30 as a primary boot option to load EGPU as default. However, if Setup 1.30 is set as primary boot in Windows, the automatic startup using startup.bat just loops without loading Windows.

So how can Setup 1.30 be configured to load EGPU to Windows from cold boot, without having to first select Setup 1.30 in Windows boot menu?

Thanks for a great programme!

Hi guys! Hope everyone is doing great and hope Tech Inferno Fan is better and doing well in his recuperation!

The problem is when I try to select "setup 1.30 menu-based" option the screen goes completly black. It shows like some words real quick that I can't even have time to read them, and then goes black. (But still have video signal)

I know that setup 1.30 DO work perfectly because I'm able to run it without using my egpu....or when I use my GTX 650Ti Boost on my eGPU. The problem is only when I use my GTX 1070 FE on it, the screen just goes black after I select any of those options that appear in the setup 1.30 menu.

I use the EXP GDC Beast and my laptop is a Toshiba Satellite P75-A7200. 

Please help!!!

I have a problem with this..

when i disable my dGPU, it stopped.

not freeze but didn't do any progression.

and when i demote my dGPU, it didn't go to main menu...

Do i need usb boot?

If i have to,how do i make usb bootable 'DIY eGPU setting 1.3'??

Hi there,

I have just purchased the DiY Egpu setup program and I have followed the installation instructions but it doesn't show up in the boot options at the beginning when the system is starting. It automatically starts windows7 without offering me to choose the Egpu program. I have tried it on two separate laptops and I get the same. What am I doing wrong? Could somebody help me out here?

Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, GabrielJohnTaylor said:

Hi there,

I have just purchased the DiY Egpu setup program and I have followed the installation instructions but it doesn't show up in the boot options at the beginning when the system is starting. It automatically starts windows7 without offering me to choose the Egpu program. I have tried it on two separate laptops and I get the same. What am I doing wrong? Could somebody help me out here?

Thanks in advance!

1. Extract archive to c:\eGPU

2. Run a DOS Prompt window (as admin)

3. Type "cd c:\eGPU"

4. Type "setup-disk-image" to run the installer. Note if any significant errors or warnings appear.

5. Reboot and check if the DIY eGPU Setup bootitem appears.

Hello all,

I currently have a Asus G551JM with a dGPU 860m; and I also receieved a GTX 970 with a PCI-e GDC Beast v8.

Everything is installed: the dGPU is disabled, the eGPU is recognized and drivers are updated. In NVIDIA experience; it also states that i am using the GTX 970.

The preferred graphics processor is set to: High Performance Nvidia processor.

However, the laptop still uses the iGPU. I do not have the switch option in the BIOS. I've also tried disabling it in Device Manager but then the laptop runs Basic Display (1FPS in game).

I have connected my eGPU to the TV but the TV remains black unlike my laptop screen. However when i enter the BIOS, i can see it on both my laptop screen and the TV. Past the BIOS, i can only see my laptop screen.

Can anyone tell me what i can do to fix this? I would like to use the GTX 970.

Thank you

Edited by bryandb
Add more information

Hello,

I'm using a Thinkpad T430 2349CTO for my eGPU project. The specs are:

Intel Core i5 (3rd Gen) 3320M / 2.6 GHz

- 8 Gigs RAM (dual channel)

- HD 4000 (no iGpu)

- 1600 x 900 resolution

- 500 GB 7200 rpm harddrive

- Windows 7 64-bit

My eGPU setup are as follows:

- PE4C 3.0 (ExpressCard)

- Zotac GTX 560 ti 1 GB Vram

- Corsair CX430 PSU (430 w, 80+ certified, 12v @ 32 A)

With this setup, internal display works flawlessly, played Fallout 4, MGS V with it no problem. But when I plugged in external monitor (vga monitor, LED TV), nothing shows up. I have tried different monitor, LED TV and cables, still shows blank. I know these monitor, TVs and cables works well since I've plugged them in to my cable TV set top box and working just fine. Strangely, all external displays tested are detected in Display Properties/nVidia Control panel.

Any ideas what happened?

Edited by masaudie

54 minutes ago, Winter said:

I have a lenovo G780 and I'm trying to hook up a GTX 1070 to it.  (I'm using a PE4C V 3.0) and I'm hot swapping the card in after I boot the computer.  However when I look in device manager and open the 1070, this is it's status.  

"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system."

I do have a dGPU but disableing it causes my entire computer to crash and forces me to recovery boot.  any help would be awesome.

Pls review these threads to solve error 12:

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/5874-guide-dsdt-override-to-fix-error-12/

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/1650-diy-egpu-setup-130-previously-setup-1x/

Hi, so I have a problem because egpu cant be recognize by laptop. I was testing:

- acer aspire 7560g(amd quad core processor A6-3420M)
- Windows 7 and 10
- msi geforce gtx 750ti low profile (without additional power supply)

I noticed that fans run when laptop is on. I used setup 1.x but I got message "eGPU not found". Do you know what went wrong?

On 11/07/2016 at 11:01 AM, Poccapx said:

Hi there!

I’m trying to configure Setup 1.30 as a primary boot option to load EGPU as default. However, if Setup 1.30 is set as primary boot in Windows, the automatic startup using startup.bat just loops without loading Windows.

So how can Setup 1.30 be configured to load EGPU to Windows from cold boot, without having to first select Setup 1.30 in Windows boot menu?

Thanks for a great programme!

Is in the install instructions supplied titled How to do an uninterrupted Setup 1.30 [disk image] boot into Windows?  that explains how to do this

• Thumbs Up 1

hi, i have problem with egpu on internal lcd. My config is:

E6440

i5-4310M

8GB ram

igpu HD4600

dgpu 8690M

egpu GTX660

with EXP GDC mpci

setup 1.3

even if dgpu is diseabled laptop still using igpu.

gtx is installed and working, forced using nvidia gpu in nvidia panel, high power plan i notebook.

how I should configure my setup?

7 hours ago, brynol69 said:

hi, i have problem with egpu on internal lcd. My config is:

E6440

i5-4310M

8GB ram

igpu HD4600

dgpu 8690M

egpu GTX660

with EXP GDC mpci

setup 1.3

even if dgpu is diseabled laptop still using igpu.

gtx is installed and working, forced using nvidia gpu in nvidia panel, high power plan i notebook.

how I should configure my setup?

Ensure you disable the HD8690M in Device Manager and never allow it to load it's drivers. Remove any existing ones, then use DDU to clear registry entries and reload the iGPU and NVidia drivers. Otherwise the AMD drivers hooks into the iGPU preventing NVidia Optimus from working.

• Thumbs Up 1

• admin changed the title to eGPU Setup 1.30 Discussion
  • Tech Inferno Fan pinned this topic
  • admin featured this topic
  • Tech Inferno Fan unfeatured this topic
  • Brian unpinned and locked this topic
  • Brian unlocked this topic
  • Brian locked this topic
  • Brian featured and pinned this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.