Setup 1.30 Discussion

eGPU Enthusiast

Hi.

I have some issue with setup1.3.

I've installed 'Setup1.3', then faced the wall. I am at a loss.

I've already read the articles involved in my problems on this website.

Almost all the pages I have to read, I have read, I think.(of course I might have missed something, that because I can't

get through my situation)

ABOUT MY PC

Lenovo edge e450

core-i7 5500U

Chipset: Intel Broadwell-U PCH-LP(Baseline) Chipset

Win 7 pro 64bit

On board GPU AMD Radeon R7 M260(slightly better than intel on-board graphics)

8gb memory

Just in case my TOLUD is 2.75GB

Probably you can't read because of Japanese.

SCN010.BMP

I want to use GTX960 by msi GPU.

The mPCI cable extends from m.2(keydA,E) wifi slot. So, white-listed problem also occured.

But, thanks to Tech Inferno Fan's advice on this forum,(I can't find URL now) I managed to make PC recognize GTX960.(First,set on wifi module, then, during sleep mode, change wifi module to m.2-mPCI adapter.)

Then, next, Error12 occured. That's why I ask you about"Setup 1.3".

What I want to ask is:

1. in the following URL, there is a person who has quite similar problem

http://forum.techinferno.com/<wbr>diy-e-gpu-projects/2123-diy-<wbr>egpu-setup-1-30-previously-<wbr>setup-1-x-2.html

The article no. is #12

Do the set-up procedure, right clicking "setup-disk-image" and selecting "Run as administrator" , then below massage shows.

------------------------------<wbr>------------------------------<wbr>-from here

******************************<wbr>********************

BIG WARNING!! mkdevcon: PCI BUS section NOT found

******************************<wbr>********************

If you are using a non-English language, then please edit the following:

v:\config\devcon.txt

and remove the "PCI BUS" section that will be in another language. Otherwise the addresses referred to in that section will be such that the the complete PCI BUS will be excluded during compact and compaction will find no solutions(fail).

------------------------------<wbr>------------------------------<wbr>-----------------------end

http://forum.techinferno.com/<wbr>diy-e-gpu-projects/5096-egpu-<wbr>dell-studio-1747-not-working-<wbr>easily.html

This URL also includes similar situation.

Though I already deleted "ACPI\PNP0A08\0 ・・・・・・ IO : 0d00-ffff " codes, the problem still exists. In addition to that, I don't know this action is right or not.

This is first problem.

Second is the fatal point.

Your guidance : "Rebooting will now show a "Setup 1.x" bootitem in the Win7/8 (or XP if still using it) bootmenu. Select Setup 1.x then Setup 1.30-menu-based"

Reboot, and "Setup 1.3" shows, then select "3. DIY eGPU Setup 1.30 : menu-based"

This massage shows. What 'iport functionality disabled for now' means?

Why "disabled now"?

Then, entering 'setup' or pressing F10 results in following picture.

Of course, this picture is after pressing F1.

Then, I do not understand what I have to do, I ran No.1 "iport scan".

So, following codes show.

I can't understand this massage, but I've done all I could do.

Below two photos show what I did.(I ran two compaction menu, but PC freezed on 1h)

Your reply in this thread,"Looks like you have found a bug on the AMD platform where the refresh (F5) drops out to DOS. A workaround for the time being is simply type 'setup' or hit F10 to return to the menus. Then proceed to highlight PCI compaction->Run compact and hit F1."

But, I can't find "highlight PCI compaction->Run compact" at all.

Whare is the menu? What can I do?

I do want to get through this situation.

So please help me!

My English is poor, so please ask me when you read my article and find something wrong.

Regards.

post-39211-14495000743127_thumb.jpg

hi,

After some helps from nando and searched various related threads i was able to setup my egpu GTX 780 Ti but games kept running with iGpu, i want to run with my internal LCD display (external monitor running fine)

i've read that optimus might not work with windows 10,my specs:

Alienware m17x r4 bios version a13

intel i7 3630qm

Igpu : intel HD 4000

dgpu gtx 680m

egpu gtx 780 ti

ram 8gb

windows 10 x64

turned off dgpu in setup 1.30, pci compaction and chainloaded into windows all fine

i've installed nvidia desktop driver v355.82 x64, since my bios doesnt allow idpu to be turned off, i set default graphic processor to gtx 780 ti but performance still the same as if running on igpu ( <10 fps)

i tried to disable the igpu in device manager but it seems the internal is attached to the igpu so that would not help.

should i install another specific driver to get my games running on egpu?

Please help me ,thanks

This is a ridiculously n00bish question, but all of the discussion on this site seems to be surrounding Optimus, I'm on a MacBook Air which has a shit display -- I'm fine with the external monitor I have connected, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the Nvidia drivers installed to use my eGPU. When I try and boot into Windows 10 with the eGPU plugged in it crashes before it gets the little boot loading icon. And when I try to install the Nvidia drivers without booting with it plugged in (plugging it in after the fact) I get the error that the installer could not find compatible hardware. People seem to be having success using an external monitor but I have no luck...?

This is a ridiculously n00bish question, but all of the discussion on this site seems to be surrounding Optimus, I'm on a MacBook Air which has a shit display -- I'm fine with the external monitor I have connected, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the Nvidia drivers installed to use my eGPU. When I try and boot into Windows 10 with the eGPU plugged in it crashes before it gets the little boot loading icon. And when I try to install the Nvidia drivers without booting with it plugged in (plugging it in after the fact) I get the error that the installer could not find compatible hardware. People seem to be having success using an external monitor but I have no luck...?

hi @Tech Inferno Fan. sorry for my bad english.

i have a problem with egpu setup 1.30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXfP_6oiCig

my friend from ''turkish egpu forum'' have same issue. I'm helping him.

my pc: lenovo ideapad y500

friends pc: acer aspire 5750g

bios setting: legacy bios

we have mkdevcon error. because, we use windows7 turkish language version.

you say: for solution delete pci bus line in devcon.txt

we did it.

when pc rebooting there is no os selection between windows7 and eGPU-setup-1.30

where we make mistakes.

edit: problem solved. mbr recreated with bootice v1.3.3.2

Hello

i have MacBook Pro with 370m

if i install Windows 10 in uefi mode, and i plug my external cg, windows boot atomaticaly above

I will not have to disable the 370m

when i plug my external cg error 31 but my Windows is install mode legacy (mbr partition)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.