Setup 1.30 Discussion

eGPU Enthusiast

Can you hook the Dell 220W DA-2 directly to the GPU or do you need some kind of an adapter? Update: Sorry my question is already answered :-)

That is a very good question.

I will use a dead and gutted "EXP GDC" adapter which has a DA-2 female power input. It also have a PCIe 6pin female power output which I'll use for the GPU.

This will be documented during this week, I'm still waiting for my PCI riser to arrive =) (I don't want to cut an open end to the 4x connector.

@Sachin10

I've now put a gallery up for the GPU stand & power cable build.

That is a very good question.

I will use a dead and gutted "EXP GDC" adapter which has a DA-2 female power input. It also have a PCIe 6pin female power output which I'll use for the GPU.

This will be documented during this week, I'm still waiting for my PCI riser to arrive =) (I don't want to cut an open end to the 4x connector.

@Sachin10

I've now put a gallery up for the GPU stand & power cable build.

So the Dell 220W DA-2 PSU power cable doesn't fit directly into the graphics card?

So the Dell 220W DA-2 PSU power cable doesn't fit directly into the graphics card?

Correct, DA-2 and PCIe power interface are completely different. Even if the DA-2 would fit the GPU it would fry/destroy the GPU due to reverse polarity.

Correct, DA-2 and PCIe power interface are completely different. Even if the DA-2 would fit the GPU it would fry/destroy the GPU due to reverse polarity.

What do you think would be the best way to connect this or another external power brick to the aux connector of the GPU? I'm looking for an aesthetic solution so no desktop PSU. The PSU would only be needed for the aux power of the GPU because I would use the new Sonnet Echo Express SE II with a powered PCIe x16 slot (you can't find them yet on their website but I received confirmation via email).

Hey Nando,

Continued from my previous post http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/2109-diy-egpu-experiences-%5Bversion-2-0%5D-319.html#post94499

and http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/2109-diy-egpu-experiences-%5Bversion-2-0%5D-319.html#post94654

I just got Setup 1.x yesterday after caving in.

Currently, I've tried all the combinations but they've either gave me "No solutions", or, I will boot up fine into windows very fast only to discover device manager now lists "Intel 7 Series PCI Express Root Port 3" (aka nvidia card) is Error Code 12

Can you give me or PM me the exact steps I should take right from bootup Setup 1.x?

I'm running X230 i5 with 16GB ram and Nvidia GTX660

Note: I can't do a DSDT cause it blue screens. Thus my DSDT setting currently is "NO"

Will post back with a screenshot

Hey Nando,

Continued from my previous post http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/2109-diy-egpu-experiences-%5Bversion-2-0%5D-319.html#post94499

and http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/2109-diy-egpu-experiences-%5Bversion-2-0%5D-319.html#post94654

I just got Setup 1.x yesterday after caving in.

Currently, I've tried all the combinations but they've either gave me "No solutions", or, I will boot up fine into windows very fast only to discover device manager now lists "Intel 7 Series PCI Express Root Port 3" (aka nvidia card) is Error Code 12

Can you give me or PM me the exact steps I should take right from bootup Setup 1.x?

I'm running X230 i5 with 16GB ram and Nvidia GTX660

Note: I can't do a DSDT cause it blue screens. Thus my DSDT setting currently is "NO"

Will post back with a screenshot

@Ryuuga , pls boot into Setup 1.30 without eGPU attached then hotplug the eGPU and ensure it's detected when you hit F5 (rescan). Once the eGPU appears, select Save Diags->compact_fails and follow the instructions. Boot into Windows, run c:\eGPU\eGPU-setup-mount, archive the v:\diag folder, upload to mediafire.com and send me a link to it. The diags will help id what the issue is. Thanks.

Hi!

I Have a macmini from 2013 and started to play some games with it in windows 7 ultimate.

The performance on the onboard graphics is really not the best to play games so i thought i will get a EGpu to help with som boost.

I bought a MSI GTX 760 ITX card (because it have a mini display port and i have an cinema display). And also a VIdock overdrive 4++ to have an enclosure. With the hardware i don´t have any problems the graphics card starts and run just fine. I also have a sonet pro adaptor. I have bought a copy of the program DIY e-GPU. And hopefully got it to work with an usb. At least i got it to boot on the screen.

But the problem is that it freces everytime i try to make a compaction. I do all the steps just as he does in this video:

The problem i can see is that i get this error message. But i have no idea on how to fix it.

Can anyone help me with it?

Here is a picture of the problem i have: imgur: the simple image sharer

Greetings

Adam

Update:

3D printing video is up!

Really lovin' it all.. modded enclosure for the Thundertek, the 1080P LCD, the 3D printed enclosure. Fantastic eye-popping stuff :67: You swedes certainly have a knack for design work.

Recommend you and @ha1o2surfer consider starting a Asus G46VW owner's thread where you can build a knowledge profile for that system including mods. eg: 1080P LCD, Thunderbolt systemboard details, i7-quad CPU upgrades, etc.

Consider how useful that info is to owners or prospective owners, eg: http://forum.techinferno.com/hp-business-class-notebooks/2537-12-5-hp-elitebook-2570p-owners-lounge.html#post33901

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello nando 4

I have recently purchased a PE4C-EC3C v1.2 from hwtools , "Bplus", and i have been trying to make my egpu work with my Dell Vostro 3450, i5-2410m with intel HD3000 and no dgpu, as a graphics card I am using a Gigabite Radeon 1950 pro card, I know that it's old but i'm only using it until my nvidia 650 ti is delivered. I have tried a Dstd override with no success, I had too many errors, my question is will setup 1.x make it possible for me to run my egpu setup with win 7 or 8.1 .

Thanks in advance for the help.

Nice work!

Thank you buddy!

I'm still waiting for a new riser card (bent my first one a little too much) so I can begin testing the eGPU.

Meanwhile I'll set up a SSD Raid 0 config, install the 3740QM quad and put in 16GB my low volt ram.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.