Setup 1.30 Discussion

eGPU Enthusiast

Thanks for you update. Maybe I wait until other people have tried the 13" rMBP with the ThunderTek enclosure because the Sonnet Echo Express is too expensive.

Have you considered the Sonnet SEL w/TB2? I just picked one up for my wife. $340 on Amazon. Correction, $350+ now since they're selling out.

can i get a link of 1.3 setup, i just sent you 27 dollars through paypal, to the email address, thanks vey much:single_eye:

i did send email to you too to get the link, [email protected], i am installing the egpu today with my T5010(USA) with no expresscard, maybe need further help but the 1.3 setup would be a good start.

I'm having a problem with Setup 1.3 on my 2570p, in that if I have any USB devices plugged in, it seems keyboards or mice especially, after running startup.bat, the computer freezes at a black screen. Unplugging and restarting fixes the issue, but it's annoying to say the least.

Hi,

I'm thinking to go with the same setup and wondering that so many people choose GeForce GTX 760 as GPU. Does TB1 + not full bandwidth decrease performance of this GPU? Maybe GTX 750 makes more value for half less price? Also I'm looking and small cards that will fit 17 cm length in order to put it inside native Thundertek enclosure, so GTX 750 should be less hot than 760 series...

I'm going to use eGPU with Mac Mini (late 2012, quad-core i7, 4gb ram, 1TB HDD) and MBP 13" (early 2011, dual-core i5, 16gb ram, 128 Gb SSD). As far as I understand it won't be possible to install Windows in UEFI mode due to old 1.7 EFI for MacMini, but I'm not going to install Windows for now anyway. Any other problems related to Mac Mini?

Hi

I install the program correctly, I create the V: drive but when I reboot I can´t get to the eGPU setup

I get the next error after I choose DIY eGPU 1.3 in the boot menu:

Bad or missing command interpreter: \command.com /E:16384 /P/C

Enter the full shell command line:

Anyone can help?

Thanks

Solved - Caused by an unrelated issue.

Tecra M11 - P4H4 - ATI 7700

I own a dell precesion t3400 kindly can anyone help me if that workstation can support a gigabyt gt 640 2gb ddr3 128bit and a 475 watt psu kindly plz answer !!

Thankx in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you considered the Sonnet SEL w/TB2? I just picked one up for my wife. $340 on Amazon. Correction, $350+ now since they're selling out.

Not really because they cost a whopping € 415 = $ 570 in Europe.

Hi again, sorry for the last post. I am trying to get DIY eGPU to work but I´m not able to get a succesful PCI compaction after getting an Error 12. I tried disabling the dGPU and PCI compacting iGPU + eGPU but I got a No Solution message. I tried using Windows 8 and disabling the internal GPU but didn´t make it either. Here I have the log file:

https://mega.co.nz/#!IVQgjbga!2KOgDoM6khw_-arFxmMyQpEmwi6oKq-hzxocgFSmWSw

My laptop is a Toshiba Tecra M11 8GB RAM with a nVidia NVS2100 GPU. I´ve got a PE4H adapter and a MSI R7700 Ati PCI card, both powered by an ATX power supply. Can anyone help me?

Hi again, sorry for the last post. I am trying to get DIY eGPU to work but I´m not able to get a succesful PCI compaction after getting an Error 12. I tried disabling the dGPU and PCI compacting iGPU + eGPU but I got a No Solution message. I tried using Windows 8 and disabling the internal GPU but didn´t make it either. Here I have the log file:

https://mega.co.nz/#!IVQgjbga!2KOgDoM6khw_-arFxmMyQpEmwi6oKq-hzxocgFSmWSw

My laptop is a Toshiba Tecra M11 8GB RAM with a nVidia NVS2100 GPU. I´ve got a PE4H adapter and a MSI R7700 Ati PCI card, both powered by an ATX power supply. Can anyone help me?

Based on your diag.txt, the problem is your devcon.txt file has an entry for your dGPU. So what happens when you disable the dGPU, the devcon.txt entry prevents compact from allocating to it.

The solution? Please boot windows, run c:\eGPU\eGPU-setup-mount, open v:\config\devcon.txt and find the NVS2100 entry that allocates the following range and delete that section:

prohibited PCI range: [c0000000 - d3004000)

Then boot back into Setup 1.30, disable the dGPU and then do PCI compaction.

Hey nando, thanks for answering.

I couldn´t find the range you told me, nor any reference to the NVS2100. I uploaded the devcon.txt file, since it has some entries in spanish, I translated them for you.

https://mega.co.nz/#!1YIAQbaB!BFv7HmU_dDlOuen9Fja0i6Kxuc9c1DBxKY618Y9jods

Can it be this part?

ACPI\PNP0A08\0

Name: Complejo raíz PCI Express (PCI Express root complex)

Device is currently using the following resources:

MEM : 000a0000-000bffff

MEM : 000d0000-000d3fff

MEM : 000d4000-000d7fff

MEM : 000d8000-000dbfff

MEM : 000dc000-000dffff

MEM : c0000000-feafffff

IO : 0000-0cf7

IO : 0d00-ffff

Hey nando, thanks for answering.

I couldn´t find the range you told me, nor any reference to the NVS2100. I uploaded the devcon.txt file, since it has some entries in spanish, I translated them for you.

https://mega.co.nz/#!1YIAQbaB!BFv7HmU_dDlOuen9Fja0i6Kxuc9c1DBxKY618Y9jods

Can it be this part?

ACPI\PNP0A08\0

Name: Complejo raíz PCI Express (PCI Express root complex)

Device is currently using the following resources:

MEM : 000a0000-000bffff

MEM : 000d0000-000d3fff

MEM : 000d4000-000d7fff

MEM : 000d8000-000dbfff

MEM : 000dc000-000dffff

MEM : c0000000-feafffff

IO : 0000-0cf7

IO : 0d00-ffff

Yes, remove that section and re-try PCI compaction. NOTE: You would have been prompted to do that when you installed DIY eGPU Setup 1.30 and it generated devcon.txt, detecting a non-English "PCI BUS" section.

I deleted the section but I still get the same error.

Here´s the new diag file, in case something changed...

https://mega.co.nz/#!AZABTAQR!MDCNaP71eWG1OWEEgggxGoBzmks62YutknnKF_dDPiU

Diag now no longer lists the C000 range as imported in devcon.txt. Good. However, your dGPU has not been disabled in the diags. Please disable it and retry compaction.

I tried, but it froze after showing me the next message:

[dGPU] Attempt to disable x16 port [*setpci -s 0:0.0 54.b=0:2*]

Other times it didn´t freeze, just didn´t turn the dGPU off. In these ocasions the only way I got something was with the demoted mode and compacting with the biggest of the three recommended modes, and closing unused bridges. Anyway, after that I tried to chainload and it freezed again. I don´t know if it helps.

I tried, but it froze after showing me the next message:

[dGPU] Attempt to disable x16 port [*setpci -s 0:0.0 54.b=0:2*]

Other times it didn´t freeze, just didn´t turn the dGPU off. In these ocasions the only way I got something was with the demoted mode and compacting with the biggest of the three recommended modes, and closing unused bridges. Anyway, after that I tried to chainload and it freezed again. I don´t know if it helps.

Are you enabling the iGPU in Setup 1.x, or is it already enabled in the BIOS? I can't tell. If the former, then the LCD is wired to the dGPU and so disabling it will be akin to putting blinkers on - you won't see anything thereafter. If the iGPU is not wired through then it would be a better option to disable it instead. Both the iGPU and dGPU are otherwise using a 256MB block that your AMD eGPU needs to successfully complete compaction. If you have no luck with this advice, then pls contact me offline. This discussion is specific to your system and so isn't going to be helpful to others in this thread.

Very interested in your results with regards to power - would love to see if your Dell power brick provides enough juice and whether you have to use extra external PSUs

Hi Ermacs.

The Dell DA-2 220W can provide enough juice for a GTX680 so no problems there :)

You can see benchmarks score done with this PSU and GTX670.

Agreed it has enough power, the question is how do you get that power into the PCI-e aux connector, as the power adapter in the Thundertek board doesn't give you any aux power connectors like the EXP GDC.

Sorry I realized the Dell power brick is essentially a PCI-e aux connector on the end. Let me know how it goes, and whether or not you have the stability problems that ha1o2surfer had with the power supplied via the slot itself. He had to resort to a 4x->16x riser with a molex connector...

Sorry I realized the Dell power brick is essentially a PCI-e aux connector on the end. Let me know how it goes, and whether or not you have the stability problems that ha1o2surfer had with the power supplied via the slot itself. He had to resort to a 4x->16x riser with a molex connector...

I solder and build cables pretty often so the physical connectors isn't really any problem =)

The whole system works on 12V that's the important part.

Regarding ha1o2surfer's instability problems, he used the ~36W adapter that came with the PCB to provide juice to the PCIe slot which then yielded power starvation.

I use 5.5/2.5mm 12V line from the Dell adapter to the PCIe slot which is more than enough (75W if you want to).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.