Setup 1.30 Discussion

eGPU Enthusiast

Hi all, just wondering if anyone else encountered a similar problem:

eGPU system:

Dell vostro 3560

i7-3632QM (iGPU HD4000) + Radeon 7670 dGPU (disabled via setup 1.15)

12G ram

Win 8.1

PE4L 2.1b expresscard

GTX 560 (gigabyte) OC to gpu 950/ ram 1150

Bench graphics scores (internal / external)

3Dmark11: 3887 / 4124

Vantage: 14612 / 16506

3Dmark'06: sm2.7415 sm3.7445 (score 17901) / sm2.8601 sm3.10468 (score 21883)

Unigine Valley DX11: 2118 (avg fps 50.6) / 2323 (avg fps 55.5)

Cuda-z mem copy:

host to device: 380Mb

device to host: 400Mb

So I upgraded from my old GTX 560 to a newer GTX 760 Zotac amp edition, but it seems like my internal scores have actually dropped, and I can't seem to figure out why! My temps are good ~60c never reaches throttling. External bench scores are great, in line with other reported results.

GTX 760 Zotac Amp stock (boost gpu 1176/ ram 1552)

Bench graphics scores (internal / external)

3Dmark11: 5602 / 7183

Vantage: 12381 / 24752

3Dmark'06: sm2.5389 sm3.4299 (score 12477) / sm2.8451 sm3.11304 (score 22447)

Unigine Valley DX11: 1766 (avg fps 42.2) / 2940 (avg fps 70.3)

Cuda-z mem copy:

host to device: 380Mb

device to host: 360Mb but fluctuates every half second down to 250Mb (I have tried all manner of disabling power savings to no avail)

GPU-z confirms I am running PCI-E 2.0 x1 (I am getting similar host to device mem copy results from CUDA-z with GTX 560 and GTX 760), and since I am driving internal LCD I presume optimus must be engaged, so what else may cause only poor internal LCD performance?

I am certain my iGPU HD4000 is not doing the internal rendering, since I would only manage something like 5fps in Unigine valley with iGPU.

I've already tried doing clean nvidia driver install (with DDU). Also, nothing else in system has changed (the gtx760 was straight swap with the gtx560).

Anyone experience similar issues with poor performance driving internal LCD when upgrading from older Nvidia cards? very strange.

Hi,

Sorry for my bad English ,im from Vietnam. im using PE4C V2.0 mini PCIe because in my country very hard to find another eGPU setup .

When i connect my eGPU (GTX750Ti) with my laptop (ASUS K53SV) my laptop can recognize it but i cant use my NVIDIA control panel ( "nvidia display setting are not available "), So I had to find a lot of ways to disable my dGPU (GT540m) but it still does not work. . I find eGPU setup 1.x to disable my dGPU ,but when i used it ,i dont know how to save setting ,and after a test time ,my laptop cant recognize my eGPU anymore .however Display Driver Uninstaller still can detect my eGPU ,.....please advise me about this issue

my laptop spec:

Processor Intel Core i5-2430M 2.4 GHz

:: Mainboard

Intel HM65

:: Memory

8Gb

:: Graphics adapter

NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M - 2048 MB, Core: 672 MHz, Memory: 900 MHz, DDR3, 267.21

:: Display

15.6 inch 16:9, 1366x768 pixel, CPT14C7, glossy: yes

Hi,

Sorry for my bad English ,im from Vietnam. im using PE4C V2.0 mini PCIe because in my country very hard to find another eGPU setup .

When i connect my eGPU (GTX750Ti) with my laptop (ASUS K53SV) my laptop can detect it but i cant use my NVIDIA control panel ( "nvidia display setting are not available "), So I had to find a lot of ways to disable my dGPU (GT540m) but it still does not work. . I find eGPU setup 1.x to disable my dGPU ,but when i used it ,i dont know how to save setting ,and after a test time ,my laptop cant detect my eGPU anymore .however Display Driver Uninstaller still can detect my eGPU ,.....please advise me about this issue

my laptop spec:

Processor

Intel Core i5-2430M 2.4 GHz

:: Mainboard

Intel HM65

:: Memory

8Gb

:: Graphics adapter

NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M - 2048 MB, Core: 672 MHz, Memory: 900 MHz, DDR3, 267.21

:: Display

15.6 inch 16:9, 1366x768 pixel, CPT14C7, glossy: yes

Good news guys! Maxwell Nvidia GPUs are really now that power efficient!

See the below link for power consumption of a Gigabyte GTX 980 card!

191 Watts full load!! We can probably assume that it can still be used with the Dell DA-2 adapter!

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 G1 Gaming review - Hardware Setup | Power Consumption

Bought the GTX 970 today in the UK, will arrive on Monday. Hopefully the DA-2 and modular cable I ordered off eBay will arrive before Wednesday as well.

£12 for the DA-2 including the kettle cable and I found the modular cable on eBay also for £5. For those in the UK who rather buy from the UK:

8 Pin To 8 Or 6 Pin PCI E3 Express Cable - Modular Graphics Power Supply | eBay

Hopefully the GTX 970 will work out the box with my X220.

Hello, I am wondering if the 1.30 version has improved the function of anti-whitelist. I have been try to use version 1.10b to overcome the whitelist. I tried to save all the port (!save menu) with wifi card attached, and reboot the laptop with egpu connected. However, every time I was trying to restore all ports, the laptop seems to freeze. I was sure that it detected my egpu, because the egpu fan slows down. I was even able to install the egpu driver in win 8 after I put my laptop to sleep and swap to egpu. It was just when I restored all the port. My laptop froze at the prompt. I would love to get 1.30 version if there is improvement for anti-whitelist. Any suggestions?? Thank you in advance!!

This is a short description of my laptop`s condition:

sys:EGPU 110b5

RAM: 8GB

EGPU: gtx670

And the problem is:

The gtx 670 works well when i use the inner LCD monitor.But when itry to switch to the additional monitor(which link to gtx 670),the Display driver just stopped,and the system just crush to blue :stop 0*00000116 nvlddmkm.sys.

I have tried different elder version of Display driver,but when i change Display driver i can not even use the inner LCD monitor,it just crushed when i get into the OS.

I really need you guys` help.Well,i am not a native English speaker,if you have answer,please describe it as simple as you can.

Thanks a lot.

:cry_002:

[h=2][HELP]Display driver stopped when i switch to additional monitor.[/h]This is a short description of my laptop`s condition:

sys:EGPU 110b5

RAM: 8GB

EGPU: gtx670

And the problem is:

The gtx 670 works well when i use the inner LCD monitor.But when itry to switch to the additional monitor(which link to gtx 670),the Display driver just stopped,and the system just crush to blue :stop 0*00000116 nvlddmkm.sys.

I have tried different elder version of Display driver,but when i change Display driver i can not even use the inner LCD monitor,it just crushed when i get into the OS.

I really need you guys` help.Well,i am not a native English speaker,if you have answer,please describe it as simple as you can.

Thanks a lot.

Hi Nando,

1) If I don't come across error 12 and everything runs smoothly, is it recommended that I do the set up 1.30 anyway? I'm planning on using the Nvidia EVGA 750TI FTW edition with EXP GDV v7.0 on my acer aspire 5755g

Thanks man

Yes, Setup 1.30 willl help deal any mPCIe slot whitelisting as well as disable your NVidia dGPU. The latter necessary to activate x1 pci-e compression and internal LCD mode using the eGPU rather than dGPU.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, Setup 1.30 willl help deal any mPCIe slot whitelisting as well as disable your NVidia dGPU. The latter necessary to activate x1 pci-e compression and internal LCD mode using the eGPU rather than dGPU.

Awesome, okay ill be sure to purchase the software soon. Sorry if this is a stupid question but what do you mean by whitelisting?

Awesome, okay ill be sure to purchase the software soon. Sorry if this is a stupid question but what do you mean by whitelisting?

Sometimes only some WiFi modules are unlocked in the bios to be used. That can obviously cause trouble if you connect an egpu to this port.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.