Setup 1.30 Discussion

eGPU Enthusiast

I mean is somebody doing that cheaper in similar of better quality?

He also offers 1 year warranty included.

Offers are welcome!

I have no idea how much efford it is to get all the tools, all the parts, and screw them together. Maybe that's peanuts and all done in 10 minutes so somebody does it for 20USD + material costs.

I'm a photographer, and just because somebody can get a camera and it's public information how to take a picture, I still think I should get paid for taking pictures.

I don't want to work for free and I don't expect anybody to work for free.

with a sonnet echo iii no additional work needs to be done for a lets say msi gtx 970 or 980? The case fits the cards and also has power plugs inside.

Looks rather expensive, but in my country I should not play with electricity, everwhere are grounding problems.

Hello all guys,

Let me expose my problem.

I've bought a nvidia gtx960 turbo 2gb ddr5 for my HP AIO m100ep...

I'm using a BEAST eGPU with mPCI-e interface but every time i start the PC the graphic card starts spining his fan too fast and the computer dont reconize it also.

It simply dont appear on the system...

I'm using a ATX PSU with 350W.

Can anybody help me? I'm been struggling against this for a long time. :ambivalence:

Try a couple of things to get eGPU detection:

1. Boot with wifi card into Windows, sleep system, swap wifi card for mPCIe eGPU adapter and ensure eGPU is powered on, resume system. Do a device manager scan in Windows. Is the eGPU detected?

2. Boot with wifi card into Setup 1.30. *carefully* hotplug the eGPU adapter in place of wifi card. Hit F5 to rescan the PCIe bus. Is the eGPU detected?

3. Set the CTD/PTD delays on the eGPU adapter. Boot with eGPU adapter in wifi slot into Setup 1.30/Windows. Is the eGPU detected?

If not, then there is one other thing that can be done. Jumper the PSU so it's permanently on. Depending on the PSU you are using refer to the following doco on how to do that. What that does is prevent a race condition ensuring the eGPU is powered and ready to go when the mPCIe CLKRUN signal starts.

http://forum.techinferno.com/enclosures-adapters/8441-%5Bguide%5D-switching-atx-psu-using-paperclip-trick-swex.html

http://forum.techinferno.com/enclosures-adapters/9426-220w-dell-da-2-ac-adapter-discussion.html

If you still don't get detection then test the video card and eGPU adapter in another machine to confirm neither is faulty.

I am having issues since I switched graphics cards and even more since changing laptops.

Originally I used a DSDT override on my Elitebook 8470p, Setup 1.3 with a GTX460. They setup didn't work with gen2 (laptop not supporting it maybe) but worked great otherwise. In Setup 1.3, the only setting that actually mattered was 36 bit and PCI Compaction of eGPU. Different combinations of eGPU and iGPU made no obvious difference. All worked. I then bought a GTX750ti and I was unable to get it to boot after maybe 3 tries. I switched to a Elitebook workstation 8570W just after and moved harddrives and memory over for now. I noticed a few differences, I cannot get a egpu to load, gtx460 or gtx750ti, my large memory in device manager is gone and my card is on PCI1 (not sure if that matters). I tried redoing the DSDT override and it worked (I think) with 5 errors. Still no large memory. I also have a dGPU now, Quadro K1000M, which cannot be disabled in setup 1.3 (it gets stuck when trying and have to force restart). If I do nothing and boot windows 10, the gtx750ti shows up with error 12. If I boot with compaction on the eGPU only, it won't load in windows (device manager does not show the other card). If I try any other compaction it black screens after chainloading. Gen2 is supported on this laptop and I tried both with no difference.

I am out of ideas and looking for things to try.

Also thank you Tech Inferno Fan for the help so far. I have learned a lot.

I am having issues since I switched graphics cards and even more since changing laptops.

Originally I used a DSDT override on my Elitebook 8470p, Setup 1.3 with a GTX460. They setup didn't work with gen2 (laptop not supporting it maybe) but worked great otherwise. In Setup 1.3, the only setting that actually mattered was 36 bit and PCI Compaction of eGPU. Different combinations of eGPU and iGPU made no obvious difference. All worked. I then bought a GTX750ti and I was unable to get it to boot after maybe 3 tries. I switched to a Elitebook workstation 8570W just after and moved harddrives and memory over for now. I noticed a few differences, I cannot get a egpu to load, gtx460 or gtx750ti, my large memory in device manager is gone and my card is on PCI1 (not sure if that matters). I tried redoing the DSDT override and it worked (I think) with 5 errors. Still no large memory. I also have a dGPU now, Quadro K1000M, which cannot be disabled in setup 1.3 (it gets stuck when trying and have to force restart). If I do nothing and boot windows 10, the gtx750ti shows up with error 12. If I boot with compaction on the eGPU only, it won't load in windows (device manager does not show the other card). If I try any other compaction it black screens after chainloading. Gen2 is supported on this laptop and I tried both with no difference.

I am out of ideas and looking for things to try.

Also thank you Tech Inferno Fan for the help so far. I have learned a lot.

Biggest issue there is Quadro and Geforce won't work together. Since it appears you want the Geforce to work, you'll need to uninstall the Quadro driver and disable the dGPU. Pls continue via email as this is specific system troubleshooting.

I don't know if someone is deleting my messages.... i want to buy DIY setup 1.30 and you delete my comments? I will send you your 25$, should i do with friends and family option, or products and services one?

EDIT:Ok i think someone didn't delete my comment, only moved it. Np then :Banane13:

Only one more question, i saw in this post that win 8.X is better than win7 to make egpu work, what about win 10?

which one should i choose to start using DIY wgpu setup 1.30?

http://forum.techinferno.com/implementation-guides-pc/6792-15-acer-aspire-5742g-gtx660ti%402gbps-c-mpcie1-pe4c-1-2-win8-1-%5Bniskon%5D.html

If i didn't make my pc recognise my card, do you recomend me to buy your program? Will it help me to recognise the card or i need to recognise it first?

i want to buy DIY setup 1.30. I will send you your 25$, should i do with friends and family option, or products and services one?

Only one more question, i saw in this post that win 8.X is better than win7 to make egpu work, what about win 10?

which one should i choose to start using DIY wgpu setup 1.30?

http://forum.techinferno.com/implementation-guides-pc/6792-15-acer-aspire-5742g-gtx660ti%402gbps-c-mpcie1-pe4c-1-2-win8-1-%5Bniskon%5D.html

Pls refer to http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/2129-diy-egpu-troubleshooting-faq.html . Prefer 'family and friends' Paypal option but will leave it to you if comfortable doing that.

Win8.1 is currently a better eGPU platform. Win10 isn't activating NVidia Optimus features unless rollback to a Win8.1 driver 350.12: http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/10563-egpu-window-10-optimus-mode-problem.html

Hello people, i have few questions, please help me clear things up:

I have HP Probook 470G1 / i3 4000m / intel HD 4600+AMD 8750m / HM87 motherboard

1. Can i disable AMD 8750m, and use eGPU Saphire 7950 instead?

2. In EXP GDC v6.0 or v7.0 there a power supply 220w, will it be enough for Saphire 7950?

3. What speed i can achieve with HM87 motherboard? Will it be 4gb 1x 2x?

4. Saphire 7950 has 6+6 power connectors, EXP GDC v6.0 or v7.0 has those cables?

5. And the most important question will it work out the box? In windows 10, without any hard things to do, just plug and play?

Hi guys

tnq Tech Inferno Fan & kizwan for this soloutions

I have dell m4600(i7 2820qm/intell hd 3000 , quadro 1000m/8gig/windows7 X64)

egpu :gtx 750 2gb

tloud 3.25gb

alloc size 128mb

I have some quastions :

when i disable the optimus from bios setup(pushing f12 on startup), the igpu disabled & i can use my dgpu & egpu whitout optimus & the gpu z show egpu pcie bandwith onder load : pcie1.1 x16 @ 1.1 x1

I try to set speed to 2generation with setup1.3 but dosent work for me, why nvidia control panel tells gpuz the PCIe version of gtx750 is 1.1?

I want to use optimus tweak by desabling dgpu & use igpu & egpu but i have error12 ,so i try to dsdt override :

in first when i want to get the dsl file ,i had a "windows has stopped working iasl.exe" error, but when i see the dsdt folder that file is in there, so I keep on to do other steps

when I want to get the aml file, cmd shows error 4124post-40971-1449500121435_thumb.jpg

what I have to do to fix it?

my dsl file is here , any guys can do this for me please? I copy & edit the dsl file for 36bit space,other steps is required

if i sell my vga(gtx750) & buy a new one, with this alooc size & tloud(128mb , 3.25gb) ,what vga is good for me?

sry for my bad english

regurds

I have dell m4600(i7 2820qm/intell hd 3000 , quadro 1000m/8gig/windows7 X64)

egpu :gtx 750 2gb

tloud 3.25gb

alloc size 128mb

when i disable the optimus from bios setup(pushing f12 on startup), the igpu disabled & i can use my dgpu & egpu whitout optimus & the gpu z show egpu pcie bandwith onder load : pcie1.1 x16 @ 1.1 x1

I try to set speed to 2generation with setup1.3 but dosent work for me, why nvidia control panel tells gpuz the PCIe version of gtx750 is 1.1?

Pls email me to establish contact RE: Setup 1.30 queries. My email details are at http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/2123-diy-egpu-setup-1-30-previously-setup-1-x.html

Hello everybody. I use the BCM94352HMB and today I did some work and now Bluetooth works well. I have find the docking USB and soldered with wires.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16618[/ATTACH]

I bought the USB hub:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16619[/ATTACH]

installed it into laptop and soldered it with docking connector:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16620[/ATTACH]

And then I soldered it with wi-fi slot with pins 36, 38.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16621[/ATTACH]

Sorry for photos, I don't have a good camera but I hope you understand.

I use the Bluetooth 4.0 mouse and now it works better than before.

Can you confirm that you wires the docking connector USB pins to a Bluetooth USB hub first. Confirmed it gets detected and works and then you soldered those docking connector USB pins to the wifi slots pin 36+38 (USB) so your BCM94352HMB's wifi card's onboard USB bluetooth now works?

Im running the eGPU set up with the Akitio Thunder2, GTX 980 Ti SC 2.0, EVGA 850w Bronze and a Late 2013 Macbook Pro Retina maxed out for that year at 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16gb RAM, 1TB SSD. I'm using this set up for Premiere and Davinci Resolve as CUDA.

When my GPU isnt being used this is the performance in CUDA-Z

Memory Copy

Host Pinned to Device: 1275.23 MiB/s

Host Pageable to Device: 1250.35 MiB/s

Device to Host Pinned: 1380.52 MiB/s

Device to Host Pageable: 1352.74 MiB/s

Device to Device: 108.852 GiB/s

GPU Core Performance

Single-precision Float: 6971.89 Gflop/s

Double-precision Float: 228.923 Gflop/s

64-bit Integer: 369.856 Giop/s

32-bit Integer: 2049.2 Giop/s

24-bit Integer: 1443.37 Giop/s

When I'm playing 4k on my timeline in premiere I'm getting this from CUDA-Z

Memory Copy

Host Pinned to Device: 759.846 MiB/s

Host Pageable to Device: 775.32 MiB/s

Device to Host Pinned: 1022.51 MiB/s

Device to Host Pageable: 666.432 MiB/s

Device to Device: 95.5938 GiB/s

GPU Core Performance

Single-precision Float: 7053.49 Gflop/s

Double-precision Float: 230.088 Gflop/s

64-bit Integer: 479.468 Giop/s

32-bit Integer: 2318.85 Giop/s

24-bit Integer: 1676.76 Giop/s

It doesn't play 4k in real time in premiere. It also only exports 4k at 14-10fps avg or lower and 1080p at real time for around 24-30fps to my RAID Thunderbolt 2 G-Drive. My CPU says its at 350% when running these processes. Is the CPU just bottlenecking everything? I saw people running setups off lesser CPUs with less powerful cards and getting better playback? HELP PLEASE ANYONE!!

The performance issue is due to the 16Gbps-TB2 port being shared between the eGPU and RAID storage

When playing 4k on premier you are sharing the 16Gbps TB2 bandwidth with your RAID Thunderbolt 2 G-Drive causing a massive decrease in eGPU performance.

You can see this if you copy your movie to the onboard SSD storage, disconnect your G-Drive and then play the movie to the eGPU. There the full 16Gbps TB2 link will be provided to the eGPU.

The bad news is Apple do not have a current Macbook product where any TB2 ports get a full exclusive 16Gbps per port. Eg: if you upgraded to say the 15" MBP with 2x TB2 ports, those ports are shared across the same bus so will still be sharing a 16Gbps (x4 2.0) upstream bus across each port.

More analysis of this TB2 bandwidth sharing issue on Macbooks can be found at https://forum.techinferno.com/implementation-guides-apple/8585-2014-15-macbook-pro-2x-r9_280x%4016gbps-tb2-netstor-na211tb-win8-1-osx-%5Bgoalque%5D-2.html#post117339

So then what's needed is to move your storage and eGPU on separate interfaces. Is there a RAID USB 3.0 product <strike>or can you host your image on network-attached storage (NAS)</strike>? @apple, giving no LAN port is ridiculous.

Unless you require a Macbook for OSX you may want to look at other high performance TB2/TB3 machines with less hardware restrictions (ie: 100Gbps LAN, PCIe storage, optical drives). See candidates at https://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/4109-egpu-candidate-system-list.html#6th

INFO: Wiring the WLAN USB pins to the docking connector to enable WLAN Bluetooth (BCM94352AC+BT4.0)

I use the BCM94352HMB and today I did some work and now Bluetooth works well. First I have find the docking USB and soldered with wires:

@invait53, nice work. Something I too wanted to do when I had the 2570P.

I've editted the post with more clarity on what I believe you've done there. Pls check and edit again if needed. I've also linked you from the opening post.

It would help to understand the process if perhaps the last photo was your BCM94352HMB installed in the wifi slot with some of the underlying added wiring visible.

Hi Tech Inferno Fan, I have an adapter PE4C with a GTX 560Ti connected to a mPCIe port. I have also purchased the egpu setup 1.30 but know I don't know what to do next. The egpu is being detected, all the drivers are loaded and fully working (no errors of any kind on device manager), and the egpu setup is installed correctly but there is no video output signal from my graphic card. My graphic card is connected to a TV with a mini HDMI adapter (it has no HDMI port) and I know is it not a hardware issue ( graphic card has been tested and it is working). Can you please tell me if I have to modify anything on the egpu setup? My laptop is Acer Aspire M5. I have tried some things like doing a 32, 36, and 64-bits PCI compaction to the IGPU and EGPU and it doesn't seems to work. Also if I do a PCI compation to "all the PCI device except for Sata, xxxx, xxxx, xxxx, etc" it gives and error with the options "Abort, Retry, and Fail". To be honest I don't fully understand what PCI compation does. I was just following some youtube videos. I'm running the chainload on MBR mode.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance!!

Hi Tech Inferno Fan, I have an adapter PE4C with a GTX 560Ti connected to a mPCIe port. I have also purchased the egpu setup 1.30 but know I don't know what to do next. The egpu is being detected, all the drivers are loaded and fully working (no errors of any kind on device manager), and the egpu setup is installed correctly but there is no video output signal from my graphic card. My graphic card is connected to a TV with a mini HDMI adapter (it has no HDMI port) and I know is it not a hardware issue ( graphic card has been tested and it is working). Can you please tell me if I have to modify anything on the egpu setup? My laptop is Acer Aspire M5. I have tried some things like doing a 32, 36, and 64-bits PCI compaction to the IGPU and EGPU and it doesn't seems to work. Also if I do a PCI compation to "all the PCI device except for Sata, xxxx, xxxx, xxxx, etc" it gives and error with the options "Abort, Retry, and Fail". To be honest I don't fully understand what PCI compation does. I was just following some youtube videos. I'm running the chainload on MBR mode.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance!!

The "Abort, retry fail" error can be solved by aborting, then going back into Setup 1.30 -> PCI compaction -> edit pci.bat. Change all references of "a:x.y" to be "0a:x.y", "b:x.y" to be "0b:x.y", "c:x.y" to be "0c:x.y" and so on up to f:x.y, where x.y are any values.

FYI: you shouldn't be doing 64-bit PCI compaction unless you have a DSDT override in place.

Pls contact me via email if need more help, supplying the results of doing Save Diags->compact_fails to help me understand your system.

Hello all

I have successfully set up an egpu solution with a former computer (using setup 1.x). Now I am using a Asus n53sn with exp gdc adapter + 970 GTX. Unfortunately the BIOS is locked with no many options left, and windows is not able to boot with the egpu. However doing a hot plug of the egpu makes it work ... with the famous error 12. First of all, I would like to get rid of the boot error, but I don't know how to do it with setup.

Thanks for your help !

post-41093-14495001269237_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.