Setup 1.30 Discussion

eGPU Enthusiast

Hello,

I need you help about using the internal display. I got my setup mounted and running. Here are the specs:

HW Used:

- Zbook G2 with HD4600 and dedicated NVidia K1100M + Thunderbolt 2

- Akitio Thunder2

- MSI 970 Gaming

- 500W SFX Modular PSU powering both PCI and Akitio Barrel

Software:

- Windows 10 with latest Nvidea drivers

- latest intel drivers

Problems and doubts:

- I've disabled the controller for the dedicated K1100M. I only have the HD4600 and 970 GTX.

- However, even with 970 defined as default physics , the benchmark tools (like 3dmark and unigine) still use HD4600.

- I went ahead and used a HDMI cable from 970 GTX to monitor. Still, the default bench would use hd4600

- I disabled HD4600 - meaning only 970 is there - benchmark runs ok external screen. Internal screen is still on as extended (and I cant seem to find the place for disable this)

In other words, what am I missing here? Windows 10 issue?

- How to use my internal screen?

- How to use external screen but disable extended mode? Its so weird. I'm used to configure multi displays with display port in my office and I have 4 screens. I'm felling really stupid by not finding this.

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

first of all, please excuse my English.

My Dell notebook has an integrated Intel HD4000 and a dedicated AMD HD7670m, RAM is 4 Gb. I'm using the PE4l 2.1 adapter and an AMD HD6950 as eGPU. I figured out that I have to use Setup 1.x to disable my dGPU.

Tolud is 2,24Gb and should be fine I think? 256mb space are free after pci compaction, the box goes from yes* to yes after compaction

Here are the steps that I've taken:

- PCI compaction using "ignore dGPU", 3,87 is OK and renders no errors

- Then I disable the dGPU

- Then reboot into Win10 via chainloader

But at this point the screen just goes black, sometimes the fan of the eGPU goes to max speed, sometimes it seems to slow down a bit. I can't even reach the login screen, external display plugged into the eGPU also doesn't show any reaction.

I've also tried to hotplug the eGPU, the screen just goes black and the system crashes.

Is there anything I've forgotten to do? After reading countless threads and guides, I still can't figure out what is wrong.

Thank you in advance!

Did Tech Inferno Fan's advice help any, OP?

Quite a few of the newer Lenovo systems see stuttering when they max out their RAM, eg: Lenovo X220/X230/T430/T530. I am not sure if this is a problem for the older T510. However, consider testing with just 4GB of RAM to see if that improve the slowness described.

Quite a few of the newer Lenovo systems see stuttering when they max out their RAM, eg: Lenovo X220/X230/T430/T530. I am not sure if this is a problem for the older T510. However, consider testing with just 4GB of RAM to see if that improve the slowness described.

Thanks, Tech Inferno Fan.

I am actually still 'shopping' for my set up, but I was hoping to use a Thinkpad T/X/W/P(?) for an eGPU set up.

Slightly off-topic, but do you know of any Thinkpad that would pair well with a 970 for internal display gaming? GTA5, Witcher 3, Arma 2/3, Dota 2 etc.

Hi, I sent you an e-mail but just wanted to post it in here as well.

I have the EXP GDC beast, and I really require help as I am out of options. I am trying to consider if your setup is the thing I need. I also do not have any prior knowledge regarding this stuff.

Info:

Laptop Model - HP EliteBook 8560w

CPU - Intel i7-2820QM Quad Core 2.3-3.4 GHz

RAM - 16GB DDR3 RAM

OS - Windows 10

Other info:

The laptop doesn't boot up when the eGPU with the graphics card on it is connected via the mPCI-e slot.

When it is not plugged in, the laptop boots up. While it's open and I try to plugin the eGPU, it doesn't get detected.

I have no idea what else to do, and I just wanted to know if this is the tool that I really need so I don't accidentally waste money. Thank you.

Can you e-mail the files again? I have not received anything at all since the payment. The e-mail is [email protected]

@AllenSalar, I have sent you three emails already to [email protected] including a reply to an email you sent. Can you please provide an alternate email address as looks like nothing is getting through nor is there any bounced mail message.

Hi, I got the setup running and everything. But when I get to the Setup 1.30 menu based I had to plugin the eGPU and my screen just blacks out. It does the same when I try to just plug it in first and boot up.

I've also tried the 6s and 7s suggestion.

I am using my second mPCI-e slot, is that a problem?

Current GPU (internal) - NVidia Quadro 2000M with NVidia 354.35 Quadro Notebook driver

GPU being installed - MSI GeForce GTX 750 TI

*Update* (Methods Tried)

A.

• ​Saved port while wifi card was in
  • Shut system down
  • Took the wifi card out
  • Boot it up
  • Try to plug in the eGPU but it just gives a black screen. (the keyboard lights are turned on)

B.

• Boot up system completely
  • I plug the eGPU in. (Set to 7s)
  • The screen blacks out
  • Comes back after a few seconds with an NVidia error and doesn't show up in the device manager.

Moved to different thread.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.