Setup 1.30 Discussion

eGPU Enthusiast

PCIe 2.0 works with this, how could this tech be integrated into an LGA1366 socket board, is it possible? LGA1366 offers enough performance to handle thunderbolt tech...

- - - Updated - - -

I have seen some LGA1366 based cpu's getting 12000 and more on passmark, putting them in line with skylake 6700k's...

- - - Updated - - -

Acer Announces US$899 Aspire R13 with USB-C TB3 port for Oct 2015 release

We will be seeing a bunch of affordable PC notebooks with TB3 ports for eGPU connectivity released in the coming months.

From Acer Announces Aspire R 13, Chromebook R 11 Convertibles

8gb of ram? That's not much these days...

Hello,

I have some issue with the setup 1.30.

When im trying to make compaction or test chainloading, i have this error:

[statwin] Gathering system details to create Status window...Error reading from drive C: DOS area: sector not found

Lets see the screenshot:

post-39045-14495000728272_thumb.jpg

Im on win7, 64

Im using PE4C V3 with mpcie.

setup 1.30 is on disk-setup-img (on c:)

Someone can help me please?

edit: Apparently it's because the batch running in user mode and cannot acces to physical drive. But i dont know how fix this with setup 1.30.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dosemu/+bug/447489

Hello,

I have some issue with the setup 1.30.

When im trying to make compaction or test chainloading, i have this error:

[statwin] Gathering system details to create Status window...Error reading from drive C: DOS area: sector not found

Lets see the screenshot:

[ATTACH]15909[/ATTACH]

Im on win7, 64

Im using PE4C V3 with mpcie.

setup 1.30 is on disk-setup-img (on c:)

Someone can help me please?

edit: Apparently it's because the batch running in user mode and cannot acces to physical drive. But i dont know how fix this with setup 1.30.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dosemu/+bug/447489

Your SATA controller was clobbered during the compaction. Use a less scope than "All devices" for compaction so the SATA controller is not relocated. That would be a scope such as "All except SATA+" or iGPU+eGPU. If you have any further issues, please contact me via email.

Hi, Im currently searching for those 2. I just dropped a mail to Tech Inferno Fan 2 days ago to confirm the setup before buying it.

I have a Zbook g2 with TB2 (same as nando) - so , im sure the setup works.

:( Only problem here is that you're in Georgia . Im from europe

Dear all :85: ,

I need your help and opinion

My current setup:

I own a EVGA Classified SR2 Full Waterblocked chipset, 2x 5620's @ 3.8Ghz, 48GB Ram Ecc (6*8GB diims), Nvidia 780Ti.

This system draws 350W idle mode, but its still much better than todays builds.

My Laptop:

I just got for free a Zbook 15 G2, i7 4810 + HD4600, 16GB Ram, 512 ssd, Nvidia K1100M 2Gb, TB2 port available

Doubt:

SR2 build is the greatest build i've had and done. I also believe that with DX12 CPU usability, i will be able to use that build 2 more years (at least).

However it draws a lot of power, its not portable, and i only use it for gaming. I dont work with virtualization anymore. Its a waste to have such setup off. I only turn it on 1x per week, max.

I also travel a lot and i for example at this moment im out of the country for the next 5 months. Meaning i wont be able to plug-it on at all in the next months.

The company that i work for just gave me a new HP Zbook G2.

I saw that Nando4 and hishamkali had the same laptop and did eGPU builds using TB2 and AkiTio Thunder2.

Question:

Should i sell my home PC and get an AKiTio and use eGPU?

eGPU Project Material:

GPU - re-use 780Ti / or / get R9 Nano?

AKiTio Thunder 2 - or do you recommend other solution? I was planing to get it from these stores

- AKiTiO @ format.de Distribution GmbH

- https://www.cyberport.de/?DEEP=4B09-014&APID=263

Power: i have several 230 / 240W HP Laptop chargers. Can i use these? Or do you recommend me to use the Dell everyone talks here?

Power Raiser: Is this needed?

Mods: I saw some mods done to AKiTio board. Some simple voltage stability soldering. Is this recommended or should I tune something else?

Windows 7: I could see from hishamkali thread for similar laptop that he couldn't put it working with windows7. I would prefer to keep windows 7 because this is my laptop but company at same time. So, I would prefer to avoid dual boot.

Internal screen: also from hishamkali thread I could see that he had some internal screen benchmarks. I travel a lot and I have a weekend house in some other place. So, does this means I can use this eGPU solution with my own laptop internal screen?

If you were able to survive until here, please leave you comment!

Thank you all.

Ricardo

Hi, Im currently searching for those 2. I just dropped a mail to Tech Inferno Fan 2 days ago to confirm the setup before buying it.

I have a Zbook g2 with TB2 (same as nando) - so , im sure the setup works.

:( Only problem here is that you're in Georgia . Im from europe

I can ship international if you would like to pay for shipping.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.