Setup 1.30 Discussion

eGPU Enthusiast

I have posted before but I do not see the post...

Anyway.

I'm trying to boot my 2570p w/o HDD to the uefi shell.

I understand it implies to boot to a file then (I guess) loading the "shell.efi"?

but where on earth is the shell.efi located, what package has it?

thanks...

Hey man, I can't get any help on my posts (no one replies) so I came to ask you here..Is there any adapter that allows me to use two expresscard ports for a higher bandwidth? Or is there an adapter that allows me to use a mini pci e port and a expresscard port to achieve higher bandwidth? Thanks. On topic: Will setup 1.30 allow pci e compression on my hp elitebook 8740w?

Many PCs now include the ability to use the UEFI version of BIOS, which can speed up boot and shutdown times and can provide additional security advantages. To boot your PC in UEFI mode, you'll need to use a drive formatted using the GPT drive format.

Many PCs are ready to use UEFI, but include a compatibility support module (CSM) that is set up to use the legacy version of BIOS. This version of BIOS was developed in the 1970s and provides compatibility to a variety of older equipment and network configurations, and requires a drive that uses the MBR drive format.

However, the basic MBR drive format does not support drives over 4TB. It's also difficult to set up more than four partitions. The GPT drive format lets you set up drives that are larger than 4 terabytes (TB), and lets you easily set up as many partitions as you need.

Hi,

I finally made my egpu work and it is looking great. But I have one last question how to you make it work in internal screen?

@DatScream, would you mind posting in a thread that matches your system? Your GT650M equipped 2012 15" Macbook Pro is considerably different with regards to internal LCD mode than a 2014 15" MBP with only Iris Pro graphics.

@RSLyrick , thank you for taking the time to post your guide.

Would you mind including some photos to bring the whole thing to life? In addition, if you link your 3dmark11 (performance) and 3dmark13-FS benchmark run results then I can list you in the correct place on the leaderboard at http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/6578-implementations-hub-tb-ec-mpcie.html#dx11

hi @goalque

I am struggling to get a GTX 908Ti work with my Late-2013 Mac Pro 6,1 under OS X. 10 hours past, and I've been unsuccessful so far. Please help me, any advice will be appreciate. ��

My hardware configuration is almost the same with @martona in his post http://forum.techinferno.com/provisional-guides/10351-2014-mac-pro-titan_x%4016gbps-tb2-sonnet-xmac-pro-win-8-1-%5Bmartona%5D.html.

Mac Pro Late-2013 6,1

Sonnet xMac Pro Server enclosure, it has a bult-in PCIe expansion, it is just the same as Sonnet III-D

NVIDIA GTX 980Ti (Inno3D)

External PSU Corsair RM650 (8+6 pin) to provide power to the graphics card.

The OS is OS X 10.10.4, I am following @goalque 's guide and use the script with -a argument.

The script works fine, And the hardware (including the PCIe expansion and thunderbolt) work fine also. I can see the LED indicator of the GPU and the fan running.

Things got weird…

If I plug the 8+6 pin power supply from PSU to the GPU, the System Profiler cannot find anything related this device. The Thunderbolt Tab shows nothing related, the PCIe Tab shows nothing also.

If I unplug (disconnect) the 8+6 pin power supply from PSU to the GPU, the System Profiler can recognize this device as a GPU but leaving it status as Kext NOT Loaded.

I think this may be related to the power supply of the PSU. It has a button for on/off. So, do I need a jumper(paperclip) also ? I saw many implementation has a jumper (paperclip) to turn on/off the PSU.

Am I missing something obvious? I seem to be doing things according to what others have been posting here.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.