Setup 1.30 Discussion

eGPU Enthusiast

There have been several Dell owner's linked from http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/6578-implementations-hub-tb-ec-mpcie.html#dx11 that are using Setup 1.30 for various functions: resolve error 12 using PCIe compaction, disable dGPU, provide a diagnostic interface for eGPU detection, switch ports from Gen1<->Gen2, provide mPCIe whitelisting.

Details of how to acquire the software are posted on the first post of this thread.

erm...i dont know about Port Gen1 - Gen2 ..im still new~.and i dint see my laptop version in the Implementations Hub: TB, EC, mPCIe list...... btw...what about 2.0? i got egpu Beast model.

erm...i dont know about Port Gen1 - Gen2 ..im still new~.and i dint see my laptop version in the Implementations Hub: TB, EC, mPCIe list...... btw...what about 2.0? i got egpu Beast model.

Gen2 is PCie 2.0. Gen1 is PCIe 1.1. The difference is the former gives twice the bandwidth. Your system is Gen2 capable but if the BIOS isn't setting the mPCIe port to Gen2 then you can use Setup 1.30 to do it.

eGPU Kit is very expensive... but it's a very good way to play hard games on laptops. and also if you want to change it, you keep the eGPU kit lol

- - - Updated - - -

there is a cheap one in banggood , google it . its only 50 bucks

Hi guys any solution when my OS doesn't load whenever I chainload my OS after setup?

My procedure was first Hot reset my eGPU then compact to 36bit (iGPU, dGPU,eGPU) after that I enable Gen2 Port for optimus then disable my dGPU recompact again this time only iGPU and eGPU, run test, then chainload boot on MBR (tried bootmgr also it doesn't work).

My GDC also was always on red LED even I reset it.

My Setup

GDC EXP BEAST v6 (using mPCIe)

14" ASUS X450J

iGPU Intel HD 4600

dGPU NVIDIA GT 745M

eGPU Asus STRIX 970M

Hi guys any solution when my OS doesn't load whenever I chainload my OS after setup?

My procedure was first Hot reset my eGPU then compact to 36bit (iGPU, dGPU,eGPU) after that I enable Gen2 Port for optimus then disable my dGPU recompact again this time only iGPU and eGPU, run test, then chainload boot on MBR (tried bootmgr also it doesn't work).

My GDC also was always on red LED even I reset it.

My Setup

GDC EXP BEAST v6 (using mPCIe)

14" ASUS X450J

iGPU Intel HD 4600

dGPU NVIDIA GT 745M

eGPU Asus STRIX 970M

1. Confirm Chainloading works before making any PCIe config space changes:

Set Chainloader.mode=MBR, Chainloader->Test Run.

2. Then perform the steps you require. From your post you'd need:

(i) PCIe Ports ->Hot Reset. Hit F3 to add to your startup.bat

(ii) Set PCI Compaction->ignore [dGPU]

(iii) Perform a 32-bit PCI compaction (highlight PCI compaction->Run compact, hit F1 for a list of ones to try)

(iv) Video cards->dGPU[off]

(v) Startup.bat->Test Run

(vi) Chainloader->Test Run

Advise DO NOT set Gen2 until after you've got a confirmed GPU working. That's because EXP GDC Beast has had flakey Gen2 reliability.

If need further help with this, please email me.

Looks good! unfortunately my Y500 doesn't have an ExpressCard slot, right now I'm searching for a method to use the Ultrabay slot, and if that doesn't work I'll try to use the mPcie slot.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.