Setup 1.30 Discussion

eGPU Enthusiast

Hello

my current setup is:

- Lenovo G560

- i3, 4 gb of ram

- GTX 550 TI to an external Monitor through VGA using express card

I'm currently using it with the DIY Egpu setup 1.30 and i have troubles.

I don't know how to set up the configuration for it, i download the drivers of the GTX and it is working in my external monitor, but the problem begins when i open World Of Tanks (the game) the FPS rate is strange. when i start the match is usually going at 60 fps like in my regular tower PC but when the game is at 4 minutes and start to be threes and other objects it falls to 17, 8, 21,12,18, 8.... fps and start lagging a lot. how can i instal this properly? or fix the issue, moreover when i try to start the computer using the setup 1.30 it appears an error and it says me press another key to reboot. for rebooting i cant have conected the graphics card cos the screen is black, so i poen the laptop without the graphic i open windows 7 and when windows is running i plug in the card and the monitor screen opens.

Hello

my current setup is:

- Lenovo G560

- i3, 4 gb of ram

- GTX 550 TI to an external Monitor through VGA using express card

I don't know how to set up the configuration for it, i download the drivers of the GTX and it is working in my external monitor, but the problem begins when i open World Of Tanks (the game) the FPS rate is strange. when i start the match is usually going at 60 fps like in my regular tower PC but when the game is at 4 minutes and start to be threes and other objects it falls to 17, 8, 21,12,18, 8.... fps and start lagging a lot. how can i instal this properly? or fix the issue, moreover when i try to start the computer using the setup 1.30 it appears an error and it says me press another key to reboot. for rebooting i cant have conected the graphics card cos the screen is black, so i poen the laptop without the graphic i open windows 7 and when windows is running i plug in the card and the monitor screen opens.

I don't se no thing in my email can u helpe me?

- - - Updated - - -

Hello

my current setup is:

- Macbook Air 2012 with Windows 7 Ultimate in BIOS Mode

- Akitio thunder2 Expansion Chassis

- GTX 960 Phantom connected to an external Monitor through HDMI

I'm currently using it with the DIY Egpu setup 1.20 and didn't have any trouble so far.

Now I want to connect my Belkin Thunderbolt Dock (The old one with Thunderbolt 1). If I connect the MBA directely to the Dock it works fine. If I connect the MBA to the Egpu it works fine. If I connect the MBA to the Egpu and the Dock it doesn't work anymore. The DiY Setup still recognizes the Egpu but as soon as I run the Pci Compaction, it stucks at the first line saying : Found 5 external control methods, reparsing for new information. After about 3-4 min the MBA shuts down and restarts. So I only get this error when the Dock and the Egpu are connected.

I tried already to Hotplug, but it didn't work.

Does anyone of you got any idea?

Hi,

First, sorry for my english (i'm french ^^). I'd like to get an EXP GDC Beast for my vostro 3460 (with an Intel 3210M @ 2.5 GHz) and i'd like to use it with a GTX 750 Ti. My first question is...is it possible ? I know approximately how to set it up in the laptop but i can't manage to imagine if the performance will be there....

Thank you !

I'm in the same exact boat as you, my friend. Ordered the 970, Akitio, and PSU and JUST realized my Macbook was thunderbolt 1. The performance is going to be (from the little research i've done) like between 80-85% of the GPU. Regardless, I'm still going to try doing it.

BUT I have a question for everybody else. What do I do to get it working?? Honestly I read several guides and this is the only one that makes sense to me : http://forum.techinferno.com/implementation-guides-apple/4271-2013-11-macbook-air-gtx570%404gbps-c-tbec2-pe4l-2-1b-win7-%5Bkloper%5D.html

However he said the pci.bat file is different for every laptop; he lost me at the last step. Once I get the parts I'm gonna actually try this though, can't try it without a gpu XD.

Let me know how it goes for you! :)

Hello!

I've a Dell Latitude E6530 with an i5 processor and 16GB Ram and Windows 7 64 Bit.

As EGPU i've a Vidock 4 via Expresscard and a ASUS GTX750ti OC!

So, it works very fine if a dock the vidock befor booting, than i got all features at the external graphic card also the outputs, but the local display will stay dark :/

An other thing is, that the tolud value is over 3,5Gb so that the laptop doesn't find the internal Intel HD4000 becaus of the error 12 (not enough ressources)!

I tried to proceed a DSDT Override, but i got this error:

post-36500-14495000277706_thumb.jpgpost-36500-14495000277706_thumb.jpg

So, what are now other options to use my CAD Laptop with the eGPU for rendering, but i need the picture also at the internal laptop display :/

BR from Austria

BTW: I hope this placed here correct! Sry if not :/

Hello

my current setup is:

- LenovoG560

- i3, 4 gb of ram

- GTX 550 TI to an external Monitorthrough VGA using express card

I don't know how to set up the configuration for it, i download the drivers of the GTX and it is working in my external monitor, but the problem begins when i open World Of Tanks (the game) the FPS rate is strange. when i start the match is usually going at 60 fps like in my regular tower PC but when the game is at 4 minutes and start to be threes and other objects it falls to 17, 8, 21,12,18, 8.... fps and start lagging a lot. how can i instal this properly? or fix the issue, moreover when i try to start the computer using the setup 1.30 it appears an error and it says me press another key to reboot. for rebooting i cant have conected the graphics card cos the screen is black, so i poen the laptopwithout the graphic i open windows 7and when windows is running i plug in the card and the monitorscreen opens.

Hi guys.

I'm using a Mid 2012 15" Retina Macbook Pro w/GT650M.

After snooping around for a long time and finally asking a few questions I have taken to plunge today and ordered all my parts, apart from the gcard.

I'm real excited to do this project. I used to be a dedicated PC gamer (still enjoy consoles though) but went on a long term travel a while back, so I sold everything that I couldn't carry on my back. Now I am semi-settled in Malaysia. I'm itching to get some PC gaming on the go again but not ready to build a desktop. I've got a PS4 but it's not quite satisfying that itch.

Parts list: (x) = ordered (o) = arrived

(x)(o)1x Akitio Thunder2 - £193.40 (incl shipping + import)

(x)(o)1x MSI GTX970 4G Gaming - £203 (local deal)

(x)(o)1x Dell DA-2 220w power supply - £25.34 (incl shipping + import)

(x)(o)2x PCI-e 6-pin Male to Dual 6-pin Female Power Y cable splitter - £4.92 (incl shipping)

(x)(o)1x 5.5mm x 2.5mm DC barrel screw terminal adapter - £2.10 (incl shipping)

(x)(o)1x Electrical tape - £0.26

Current total: £429.02

I'm in Malaysia but from the UK and still find it easier to use GBP to get an idea of how much I'm spending. Also I'm funding most of this from a rebate made to me in UK tax :playful:

UPDATE (14/06/2015)

Okay I decided to try and prepare my software so I have gone ahead and got Windows installed alongside OS X in EFI mode:

Serious headache with the drivers. Managed to get everything functioning apart from the audio drivers. No sound at all.

post-36358-14495000296301_thumb.jpg

To get my drivers working in Windows I had to use bootcamp drivers from version 5.0.5033 instead of version 5.1.5621 which you would use if you had BIOS Windows. This has made everything work apart from the sound. That part is important. If you don't get the right ones from the start, you can run in to problems. If you have the same system as me, make sure you get the 5.0.5033 bootcamp drivers.

UPDATE (26/06/2015)

I have my DC barrel adapter, PCI cables and DA-2 now so I went ahead and wired it up. Still waiting for my GPUand Thunder2!

post-36358-14495000388097_thumb.jpg

post-36358-14495000387047_thumb.jpg

If you are in or close to KL check out "Low Yat". It's like a electrics shopping mall. 2-3 levels just for PCs. Still... Malaysia is limited in the choices of parts, but a place worth to check out.

Good luck with your project! :)

Hey all,

I have been looking all over the forums, and cannot find a solution to my problem anywhere.

I am using the EXP GDC Beast, with a Sapphire R7 260X card via ExpressCard to my HP EliteBook 8460p.

Drivers and everything are installed, the card is seen fine in device manager, but with the Code 12 cannot allocate resources error. I have performed a DSDT override, but the error persists (Radeon HD 7400M internal graphics also disabled).

I will attach some screenshots of my memory allocation, and any help is appreciated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15212[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15213[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15214[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15215[/ATTACH]

Thanks!

I am in KL and I do love that mall! There's also the Lowyat website, which is where I have sourced a 1 week old MSI GTX 970 4GD5T OC for a very good price. Hopefully picking it up next week :tears_of_joy:

Thanks Dschijn!

But one thing is not clear to me:

Why the thread has been moved to "Provisional Guides"?

My build of the Akitio isn't provisional or "a work in progress" it's already finished and works right properly with my MBP and MBA.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.