Setup 1.30 Discussion

eGPU Enthusiast

Soldering is done! Created a bundle of wires in which

- all 12V wires are connected to all 3x12V DA-2 ports

- all ground wires are connected to all 3xground DA-2 ports

Setup is working flawless and booted right into windows (windows had to install the new GPU though...).

First benchmark "3d Mark FireStrike" with stock GPU settings (new fans at 100%):

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4870HQ Processor,Apple Inc. Mac-3CBD00234E554E41

post-26280-14494999965891_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Setup is working flawless and booted right into windows (windows had to install the new GPU though...).

I just applied info at How to Raise the Power Target Limit on GeForce GTX 970 and GTX 980 - Crypto Mining Blog to presumably a similar the Galax GTX970 EX VBIOS at Video Bios Collection | techPowerUp to find the power targets set in your VBIOS. Looks like it's 200W + 25%.

Means you could probably OC your card by set the power target to 110% and then test higher core/RAM clocks. That's if your cooling setup can dissipate the extra heat.

A Dell DA-2 is rated for 220W but can deliver up to 240W according to a Taobao vendor. A 220W target + 10W for TB circuitry would then be near the limit of the Dell DA-2's power delivery.

My PM3N 2.4 isnt detecting my Video card. I tried the sleep activate, the resume to no avail.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and it hangs if it is powered on boot, doest boot past the blinking curser. I did DL the correct driver for it. NVIDIA

Yes, having the battery in does improve performance, but sadly heat levels to. Always a balancing act.

I find having the battery out of its seat while still connect by cord, in my laptops case, retains smoothness and performance whilst reducing heat load. If you have a laptop that supports it. I would def. advise doing so.

Hi Tech Inferno Fan

Thanks for sending Setup 1.3. This was so I could use iPort to disable the Radeon in my Mac mini, which is blocking Physx from running on my Nvidia eGPU:

Hardware:

Unfortunately I've run into a problem. Following your instructions I installed Setup 1.3 just fine and confirmed that it could chainload Windows 10 (after changing from MBR2 to MBR). If I power on my eGPU exactly one second after the mini (just as with Windows) then I get past the grey screen and I can boot into Setup 1.3. (Just as with Windows, if I don't time this right, it goes straight to a black screen instead.)

Everything seems to be detected just fine when I do this:

post-34698-14494999966488_thumb.jpg

However, the command to disable the dGPU always hangs, whether I select it from the menu or trigger it correctly from the batch file. Basically, "setpci" seems to cause this hang, as far as I can tell.

post-34698-14494999966664_thumb.jpg

Note that it doesn't go blank or stop updating the screen. Tellingly, the cursor is flashing on the next line. Other than that, it has stalled.

Any ideas what I can try now? Thanks!

Hey everyone. I've got a problem about booting egpu.

Dell E6230

i5 3320M 2,6

2x4 GB 1600Mhz

Win 8.1 x64

Bios A14 (newest)

EXP GDC v.6

MSi GTX 750TI OC version

AOC Monitor 1366x768@60Hz

I must config setup 1.3 every running my egpu. If I don't do that, error 12 just appeared.

here my config setup 1.3

- on boot manager, choose boot setup 1.3

- go to menu setup

- Test run chainloader

- system will restart, n choose boot setup 1.3 again and choose menu setup

- go to pcie compaction, choose igpu and egpu only

- after process, press F3

- go to startup.bat on menu. press test run

- go to chainloader ---> test run

- on boot manager, choose setup 1.3 and choose automatic startup.bat

- go to chainloader ---> test run again

- on boot manager, choose windows 8.1

- Error 12 resolved.

But when I boot my laptop and egpu, error 12 came again.

So I config setup 1.3 again. And that's horrible.

Anybody here ? Please help.

Thanks.

Hello everyone,i'm newbie,i'd like to ask some questions about "metal enclosure". I bought EGPU v2.1 and i'm still using it normally,but i want to put it into the metal enclosure.I wonder if it suitable with v2.1?? (I've removed the base of v2.1) And Palit GTX 750ti will fit inside the metal enclosure?? Tks a lot!

Hi!

Little Question!

I have the 43 Error...

I read the Troubleshooting FAQ and there is written that you have to put 2 GB RAM in and to the Video Cards->Save(Win) thing.

Now the Question...

I have 8gb RAM (2x 4gb). Do i have to buy 4gb RAM (2x 2gb) to get this working? or could i do this also with a single 4gb RAM ?

THANKS!

Hello everyone.I'm newbie.I'd like to ask some questions about the metal enclsure.Frist,I already bought EGPU v2.1 and now I want to put it into the metal enclosure.I wonder if it suitable with v2.1? Second,will it fit inside the metal enclosure? Tks everyone a lot!

Hey,you didnt have any troubles with bypassing whitelist if you use mpcie ?

I dont see how G510 has so advanced whitelist while G500 is basically plug and play ...

Can I just ask what caused issuses with connecting and enabling it ? I have also issues with my Lenovo G510

Poslano sa mog Micromax A310 koristeći Tapatalk

Hey nando, any way to run the setup while the bios is set to UEFI? Because I have a friend here trying to boot the setup with a usb bootable, but it directs him to windows instead. His laptop specs:

MSi GE60-02

Intel Core i7-4800QM

12 GB RAM

dGPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 765M

eGPU: GTX960

PSU: GIGABYTE 500W

Hey nando, any way to run the setup while the bios is set to UEFI? Because I have a friend here trying to boot the setup with a usb bootable, but it directs him to windows instead. His laptop specs:

MSi GE60-02

Intel Core i7-4800QM

12 GB RAM

dGPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 765M

eGPU: GTX960

PSU: GIGABYTE 500W

If you have a CSM/legacy option in the BIOS, then you can boot the Setup 1.30 USB stick and have a poke around. However, chainloading into a UEFI Windows installation will unfortunately not work.

If you have a CSM/legacy option in the BIOS, then you can boot the Setup 1.30 USB stick and have a poke around. However, chainloading into a UEFI Windows installation will unfortunately not work.

Do you have any suggestions?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.