Latest News
  • Apologies for the downtime. We had to update our backend and theme.
  • We will continue pushing updates.
  • Apologies for the downtime. We had to update our backend and theme.
  • We will continue pushing updates.
kmitza

eGPU Macbook pro 15 mid 2012

kmitza    10

hi guys!

I need help with my egpu. My gtx 970 with the akitio 2 works fine on my mac mini on os x 10.10.1. mow I tried it on my Macbook pro mid 2012 15" with the same os and it doesn't work. The gpu isn' recognized, System information I get NVIDIA Chip Model instead gtx 970. The drivers are the same as on my mac mini. 

irokez    0

@kmitza which OS X version do you have? I had the same dilemma on El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G1212) with latest security update. Wiped my SSD out and installed 10.11.6 (15G31). After that and with goalque's automate-eGPU-Script with "-a" switch, OS X recognized my GTX 980 Ti correctly.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Arman
      Hello! My name is Arman! I from Armenia, and sorry for my English!
      I have iMac Late 2013 with Intel core i5, 8Gb, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 Mb. I have Boot Camp installation on my iMac (now i have 7 Windows, but i can update it to 10 or 8 Windows) 
      I  discover that there is an Akitio 2, wich can use with iMac 2013 for productivity increase. I want to use akitio 2 with GTX 1050 ti 4Gb, but i dont know how it is intalling on iMac?
      Who can write for me the process of installation ALL equipment (akitio 2 + GTX 1050 ti + imac)? What i must to do? I talking about from the very beginning to the very end. 
      PLEASE everyone, help me. You are my last chance !!!!

• By letobirra
      Hi guys, im selling a modified akitio thunder 2 enclosure with an nvidia zotac 960 ddr5 2gb. I also include the power supply unit, you wont have to do any aditional manipulation.

http://www.ebay.es/itm/322614048182?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
    • By Granty
      Hi guys. I have had my egpu setup and running fine for the past year or so on my mbp (mid 2012) which has a hdd drive.
      I now want to improve the gaming performance, so I've bought an ssd.

I manage to get through all the steps in eGPU Setup 1.2 but when i go through the bootloader, it says at the very end "No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key".

I'm guessing it is to do with my ssd being in the optical drive bay location (i assume this is hd1) and the original hdd (hd0) being disconnected, so windows can't see it when in bootloader.

I think I need to edit the config file for the chainloader, so the bootloader reads the ssd but what exactly do i need to change? 

I tried changing the map section (line 55):
      map --harddrives=1
      if "%DRV%"=="C"

map (%FIRSTHDD%) (hd0)

Changing the (hd0) to (hd1) put the bootloader in a loop!? So I am not sure what to try next...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    • By deltha
      Hello,

I am using on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) 2,2 GHz Intel Core i7 with Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB, Akitio TB2, a water-cooled Nvidia 1080 TI using the driver Nvidia Web Driver 378.05.05.15f01

I would like to ask you : is there any chance to overclock it on macOS?

Components:
      V-tubler
      Thermaltake C 1000 coolant
      2x luna 12 red + led band
      Radiator EK Water Blocks EK-CoolStream SE 240 (Slim Dual)
      Pacific PT40-D5 Reservoir/Pump Combo 250
      Akitio Thunder 2 pcie expansion
      Plexiglass, acrylic, plastic isolation, screws
      Water cooling fittings, pipes, hard tubing, without actually bending the tubing
      Lian Li PW-PCI-E38-1 Riser PCIe x16 3.0, 380mm, flexibil, High Speed, EMI Shielding + powered
      Openframe case Thermaltake Core P1
      RM650 gold PSU+Paperclip
      Graphic card:
      Zotac water cooled 1080 TI Fe (Zotac 1080 TI FE + Separate mount of Titan X nickel waterblock)

• By Edward09
      Hello everyone,
      I am a newbie in this forum and I've known about eGpu for just a few days. So i want to ask you some questions. I have an HP Elitebook 8570p and this is my specs : 
       Intel core i5-3320m
       VGA: AMD HD 7570m
      I am planning to use an EXP GDC beast 8.0 and there are 2 options i am wondering : radeon r9 380 and gtx 970. I like r9 380 more because it's cheaper, but someone says it's hard to set up an AMD card for a laptop which also have AMD dGPU . IN the other hand,a GTx is easier to set up and have better performance. SO which one should i buy ?
      Another question : As I know a core I5 CPU always have integrated card Intel HD 4000 on it, but when I check in the device manager there's only dGPU Radeon 7570m. Is it possible for me to use an EGPU?
      Sorry for my English . Please help me and thanks in advance

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.