EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
J95

[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

Do you still need Prema vBios with this driver? Prema website doesn't seem to work. Anybody know how to get a copy?

Edited by G.R.A.M.P.S.
Sorry, wrong thread. Thanks anyway.

Geforce Game Ready Driver v. 388.00 launched

Driver works just fine in any Alienware machine with GTX 980M installed, no modding needed again.

it seems that all Nvidia drivers from now on will compatible  with "980M/Alienware", modding time is over guys:cupcake:

Game Ready
Provides the optimal gaming experience for Destiny 2 and Assassin’s Creed Origins

http://www.nvidia.com.br/content/DriverDownload-March2009/confirmation.php?url=/Windows/388.00/388.00-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe&lang=br&type=geforcem

Edited by Tulius

Yeah and what about 880M and Alienware M18xR1? Im pretty sure it still needs the mod. By the way we are modding desktop drivers, not notebook.

Waiting for someone to mod 388. 

Edited by Ezio21

17 minutes ago, Ezio21 said:

Yeah and what about 880M and Alienware M18xR1? Im pretty sure it still needs the mod. By the way we are modding desktop drivers, not notebook.

Waiting for someone to mod 388. 

Humm, you're right I tested it in my M18XR1 with 780M and it didn't work, so we still need mods for 780 and 880M GPUs.

Btw J95 sometimes used notebook version driver to do mods too( aka drver 382.19). I dont see any significant changes in my 3DMark results between notebook and desktop drivers so I use whatever is available. 

Ah, didn't know. I thought he always used desktop ones.

Im using 382.19 right now :D

I tested M18xR1 and still does not work without mod. Ehh stupid Nvidia could just add compatibility INF like they did with 980M.

Edited by Ezio21

Hope this is the right thread, but I am seeking for help. I have a Dell M6700 with a GTX970m - when modding INF files I always go for the "nvdmi.inf" one and learned that I need to trick the driver to think my laptop is an Alienware. Got some driver issues now and I'm looking for someone to help mi specify which sections of the INF need to be modded and how - how do you know which sections apply to your machines (it might be easier with Alienwares than it is with a Dell Presicion)?

Now that I've browsed through the latest posts here I am somehow confused - was I supposed to mod DESKTOP drivers all that time? Cause I've been doing that with mobile ones for the past couple of months...

Okay, it seems I had to do it myself.

Attaching modified 388.10 nv_dispi.inf

Added compatibility 880M - Alienware M18xR1 048F

nv_dispi.zip

Driver link - http://international.download.nvidia.com/Windows/388.10/388.10-desktop-notebook-win10-64bit-international.hf.exe

Hotfix 388.10 includes kepler fix for Wolfenstein 2

Edited by Ezio21

qrp.png

Anyone can upload P151EM + 970M inf mod?

this laptop is optimus model.

i used laptopvideo2go's inf mod but that didnt worked for me. only using integrated GPU :(

On 2017/9/23 at 9:08 PM, Tulius said:

I'm uploading new mod file drivers for Alienware win10
 PEG and Optimus mod files(Optimus not tested):

GeForce driver 385.69

Game Ready

Provides the optimal gaming experience for Project Cars 2, Call of Duty: WWII open beta, Total War: WARHAMMER II, Forza Motorsport 7, EVE: Valkyrie – Warzone, FIFA 18, Raiders of the Broken Planet, and Star Wars Battlefront 2 open beta

Game ready VR
Provides the optimal gaming experience for EVE: Valkyrie – Warzone and From Other Suns open beta

Alienware:

nv_dispi.inf (including nvdmi.inf) PEG/Dedicated All Models
nvcvi.inf: Optimus Alienware 17 / 05AA (only) GTX 980M - 970M - 965M

nv_dispi.inf_v385.69_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v385.69_Win10_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

GeForce 385.69 Win10

Hello. I got problem with my clevo 970m 6g on M15x. I have tried these inf, but none of them is working for it. the hardware ID is 13D8 02A2.

On 2017/10/27 at 6:41 PM, Ezio21 said:

Okay, it seems I had to do it myself.

Attaching modified 388.10 nv_dispi.inf

Added compatibility 880M - Alienware M18xR1 048F

nv_dispi.zip

Driver link - http://international.download.nvidia.com/Windows/388.10/388.10-desktop-notebook-win10-64bit-international.hf.exe

Hotfix 388.10 includes kepler fix for Wolfenstein 2

Would you mind teach me how to add it? Thank you in advance! I am using Clevo 970M on my AW M15X. The hardware ID is as below

image.png.7c39b8fbe24b58bacf9dab50b5adb1af.png

Sorry I didn't see your reply. Im not online here often.

• Download new stock drivers and unpack it.
  • Download old stock drivers and unpack it
  • Download modified INF file for your clevo for old drivers from this thread
  • Use something like WinMerge to see differences between these old stock INF files and modified INF for your laptop
  • You will now see which parts are required for your card to be supported
  • Make same changes in new stock drivers INF file and install it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey guys would anybody be able to do a modded 385.69 (or latest stable ones) inf for a gtx 880m win 7 64bit? 

Edited by ashtaroth02

So far I get the gist of the inf. File modification. Anyone here have direct experience with the Dell M6800 and install a 970/980 and what exactly I need to alter to software wise to get it to accept the card fully.

This thread is still going decently strong. 

I haven't tried the 390.xx drivers yet. 

Last drive I was using I think is 388.xx but I did find issues on occasion, but I think it was windows update related, seems there was as few hotfixes and updates that would reset these drivers again , even AFTER the creative update. 

@J95 if your still on here or around or anyone else who can help me, I have a alienware m18xr2 with a gtx980m recently installed I have the as unlocked bis and running the driver 345.20 by Mr fox. And I can't seem to get any other drivers to work at all. I'd like to update them. Do I require premas vbios? Where can I get them? I'm at a loss here I've tried everything I can find to update/mod drivers and every time it installs I get a black screen that flashes blocks of bad colour's like a broken screen but if I revert to 345.20 everything works fine again. Some help would be greatly appreciated if more info is required let me know. Also I'm using Windows 7 with the unlocked bios

Edited by NODice
Wrong thread just realized sorry help would still be apprecited tho

I modified another driver, if anyone wants it Im sharing.

390.77 - Added compatibility for M18xR1 - GTX 880M. I used section for M18xR2 so there shouldn't be any issues.

@NODice You require newer vBIOS as I remember.

nvdmi.7z

Edited by Ezio21
  • Thumbs Up 1

Would anyone be able to help with modding both nv_dispi.inf  and  nvdmi.inf  files, for the 780m GTX for m18x R1?

it would be highly appreciated :)

16 hours ago, ahmadmud said:

Would anyone be able to help with modding both nv_dispi.inf  and  nvdmi.inf  files, for the 780m GTX for m18x R1?

it would be highly appreciated :)

The attached files tell you what you need to do to mod the two files for PEG/ Dedicated, get into the practice as there is nobody consistently doing .inf mods here anymore.

I have modded 391.01 following those instructions successfully however I hold no responsibility if it doesn't work on your machine as I've not checked for compatibility beyond my own, but let us know if it goes fine.

The instructions were created from older modded files using the method @Ezio21 suggested. So thank you @Ezio21.

Please note you still need to follow the whole string of instructions for installing modded drivers as previously outlined by @J95
But in short:

0) Make sure you have a copy of your last working driver ready to reinstall if anything goes wrong.

1) Download driver "XXX.XX-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql" and unzip using your preferred compression software.

2) Make a copy of the nv_dispi.inf and nvdmi.inf from Display.Driver into a folder for modding them. Make a backup of the originals too.

3) Follow attached instructions to modify those files.

4) Replace the two files within Display.Driver

5) Delete all folders other than: 373.06.PNG

6) Restart (Shift + Restart on Win10) in safe mode.

7) Use DDU to uninstall old driver in full

8) Restart (Shift + Restart on Win10) and Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.

9) Install from setup.exe

10) Hope that you did everything right.

Once again the attached instructions worked for me. Hopefully they work for you.

NVDISPI INSTRUCTIONS.pdf

NVDMI INSTRUCTIONS.pdf

• Thumbs Up 2

Thank you dearly for this comprehensive response, much appreciated!!

By the way, I am using Windows 7, 64bit. So I understand I would have to d ownload driver "XXX.XX-notebook-win7-64bit-international-whql" , but otherwise same instructions right?

I will try this now. cheers

18 minutes ago, ahmadmud said:

Thank you dearly for this comprehensive response, much appreciated!!

By the way, I am using Windows 7, 64bit. So I understand I would have to d ownload driver "XXX.XX-notebook-win7-64bit-international-whql" , but otherwise same instructions right?

I will try this now. cheers

That would be correct. Also disabling driver signing is an F8 on boot thing. Good luck