Jump to content
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
J95

[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

Recommended Posts

Ok problem sorted it was me as i could not fully understand the cmd commands, I have found a much easier way to disable the driver signature as follows

 

click start then settings

click update and security

click on recovery

click restart now under advanced startup

then when the blue box appears click troubleshoot

click advanced settings

then click restart

on startup you will get a blu box select by pressing 7 the comp will now startup with the driver sighning disabled

install driver and when you restart the driver sighning will automatically go back to normal.

 

It look drawn out but it took me about 2 minutes this way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MATRIXAD said:

Ok problem sorted it was me as i could not fully understand the cmd commands, I have found a much easier way to disable the driver signature as follows

 

click start then settings

click update and security

click on recovery

click restart now under advanced startup

then when the blue box appears click troubleshoot

click advanced settings

then click restart

on startup you will get a blu box select by pressing 7 the comp will now startup with the driver sighning disabled

install driver and when you restart the driver sighning will automatically go back to normal.

 

It look drawn out but it took me about 2 minutes this way.

I always do this , TIP : you can simply press and hold SHIFT and click on restart it will show the same options :D

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2016 at 5:21 PM, J95 said:

Yep, already obsolete P870DM-G flagship, hopefully MSI's 1080 will work fine, even if I need to hard mod it...just not to spend a single dime on Clevo anymore...

 

Yeah, Was reading all the pascal threads..from my knowledge I think 870DM can take 2 MSI 1070 in SLI and one 1080 Clevo  *Prema magic*, He was saying Pascal needs some EC signal to respond with the card else wont fire..also the eDP LCD.
 

I think this Pascal refresh behind scenes were well planned by these corporates, First stab at the MXM3.0 form factor and the Unusual form factors and the real DT chips with gimped performance due to multitude of reasons as we know, very bad move honestly, all the previous HW can easily handle these new cards but they released so many new machines with BGA for more than 980M performance starting with 1060 powered Razer Blade which will throttle for sure as throttleboost3.0 is at work... Don't want to deviate too much, Apologies but here's this MXM 1060 (The URL shows 16L1 which is an MSI barebones/Eurocom Tornado F5 with LGA), which proves the Pascal can be designed with 3.0b afterall but they did that on purpose all those 1070 MSI's (idiotic corner tab) and Clevo pushing all the way to different design But hope they keep their faith next time if they fail us again then they are nothing less than Alienware, Still I'm worried more about HBM2...

 

Congos on the powerful machine anyways, We can make use of it much more than they expect :D , For the INF, vBIOS mods If it's wasn't you and Prema & swick so many people would have succumbed to that corporate filth.

 

Thanks again J95 keep up the good work.

Edited by Ashtrix
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A warning about 372.54 on the M18X R2. I would stay away from this driver version. It's has caused me nothing but issues with the 980m SLI. dim screen, random "hard" driver crashes, BSOD, random game crashing in Fallout 4. I rolled back to 369.05 and is well again.  (I am running Prema's internal v2 low V mod, this may or may not matter, Only bring it up due to the reduced TDP in the newer drivers)

 

Your milage my vary... This is only feedback in case one of you have issues as well :)

 

Extra Info, I use the newest version of DDU between driver versions, and perform "clean" installs of the drivers. Also tried the notebook version as well as the desktop version, and 3x each.

 

Note: Always use DDU in between driver versions.

 

Keep up the great work J95. "You da man"

Edited by kkthebeast
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2016 at 10:15 PM, Christian Ademius said:


@J95I am aware of that. The playback devices as the attached screenshot shows has one which says "not plugged in". I believe that is my HDMI-out to which my Smart TV is connected to. I cannot do much except disable it in properties. 

Capture.PNG



Anyone?

I had enough of alienware and DELL complicating things and limiting system modifications. I changed GFX from 460M to 680M 3-4 years ago and everything now on requires modding, hacking etc etc to get the drivers to work and I still cant get sound out of my HDMI to work since Win 10 (I think). 
If no one can help in this matter then I better start saving for a non-complicated laptop such as ASUS, should I not?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello All

 

I need help. First time in my life I upgrade GPU in my Alienware 18m R2

I have 660M and now I get 980M (with g-sync)

 

I think I make all what @J95 write but nathink work. I can't install drivers.

In alienware bios GPU is show that it si inslot 1 "Nvidia GTX"  (bios ver A12) but in Windows 8.1 (safe mode or in normal mode) there is now Nvidia GTX in menager windows (no info about no drivers or unknow device)

I make all what was writem there http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/step-by-step-980m-install-in-alienware-18.768916/

My be I make now samething wrong ..... Mayby there is same vBios problem ?? I try to install that but dont know what it write becouse that cmd windows close so fast.

vBios i download form that link https://biosmods.wordpress.com/aw18/

and drivers from http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/step-by-step-980m-install-in-alienware-18.768916/

 

Thanks for help and info what i make wrong and one more time sorry for my English

 

Edited by Shiroe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
On 8/20/2016 at 4:39 AM, Shiroe said:

Hello All

 

I need help. First time in my life I upgrade GPU in my Alienware 18m R2

I have 660M and now I get 980M (with g-sync)

 

I think I make all what @J95 write but nathink work. I can't install drivers.

In alienware bios GPU is show that it si inslot 1 "Nvidia GTX"  (bios ver A12) but in Windows 8.1 (safe mode or in normal mode) there is now Nvidia GTX in menager windows (no info about no drivers or unknow device)

I make all what was writem there http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/step-by-step-980m-install-in-alienware-18.768916/

My be I make now samething wrong ..... Mayby there is same vBios problem ?? I try to install that but dont know what it write becouse that cmd windows close so fast.

vBios i download form that link https://biosmods.wordpress.com/aw18/

and drivers from http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/step-by-step-980m-install-in-alienware-18.768916/

 

Thanks for help and info what i make wrong and one more time sorry for my English

 

Sorry you are having trouble. GPU upgrades in laptops was almost always super easy for Alienware owners until Maxwell screwed up everything. NVIDIA has gone out of their way to make everything a pain in the ass now. Using Maxwell GPUs in an Alienware laptop is probably one of the worst upgrade experiences you could have chosen for your initiation ceremony. I hope it does not make you shy away from it in the future.

 

Just to confirm, you disabled Driver Signature Enforcement before attempting modded driver installation?

 

If you are trying to use MSI 980M cards, that could also be causing you extra grief. Are you using Clevo or MSI GPUs?

 

The hardware ID for your G-sync GPUs is different. It may need to be added to the driver INF mod. Can you please post your hardware ID from Device Manager? Also, please post a screen shot of the error message you see during driver installation attempts.

 

2016-08-21_21-44-52.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys,

 

I 'm pretty new with nvidia inf modding.

I did the M17x R2 7970M Xfire upgrade years ago but it didn't required messing with drivers.

 

I actually bought one 17 R1 (dead 765M, i7 4800MQ, 32Gb Ram....) , one 980M with prema undervolted v2 vBios and one 3 pipes heatsink.

 

It's booting fine and I installed drivers with the help of an very old guide (349 drivers).

 

First problem is : both card's (HD graphics+980M) are in device manager but if I press fn+f5 it starts fine but  with no card in device manager (microsoft standard vga, not possible to install any driver).

 

Second problem : none of the links in this thread works for me : (The page you requested does not exist Error code: 1S160/2)

 

Many thanks

 

Edited by dwood999

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mr. Fox

Thank you for your answer. Today I make it to all work. All what was wrong is that "ini" file what i download what not good moded and it dont work with drivers.

I download 372 drives and modyficated ini and all work.

Next stap was make it work all good with no throlling think.

That option work in my Alienware 18m R2 in 100%

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/alienware-m18x-r2-with-980m-possible-throttling-fix.791358/

 

You all people are great !!! you do lot of good work.

 

PS. And yes I almoust lost all my hair in one day hehe

 

 

New info from 2016.08.23

THROLLING is back. I get rangom trolling like 3 sec 2xx MHz and then back to 10xx MHz

In game like Star Citizen sametimes it can ruined game :) in Fallout 4 that 3 sec dont scary mi so much

Is there same difrend way to get out with that Throlling ?? Like difrent drivers or same difrent way of finish that Throlling problem ??

Edited by Shiroe
Throlling is back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Throttling is back when you shutdown your machine. Upon boot make the GFX switch again and it is gone. Also throttling-fix isn't affected by making the system sleep.

On 10/6/2016 at 7:56 AM, haXBOXpro said:

 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, jerryzago said:

Throttling is back when you shutdown your machine. Upon boot make the GFX switch again and it is gone. Also throttling-fix isn't affected by making the system sleep.

 

You mean that all time when I shutdown my machine i need go back to BIOS and change in "video configuration" like

 

2) From the Advanced menu and Video Configuration, select as primary the IGFX
3) Save and exit and boot to windows.
4) Wait till all your aplications are loaded and reboot
5) Press F2 to enter BIOS again.
6) From the video configuration select PEG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You read my post on NBR? Yes. Everything you shutdown your system you need to do the gtx switch. To Save time, don't boot to windows.1) power system, 2) enter bios, 3) from advanced menu and video configuration select iGFX, 4) Save and exit, 5) IMMIDIATELLY enter bios again, 6) switch to PEG from the same menu, 7) Boot to windows, 8) Post results.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jerryzago said:

You read my post on NBR? Yes. Everything you shutdown your system you need to do the gtx switch. To Save time, don't boot to windows.1) power system, 2) enter bios, 3) from advanced menu and video configuration select iGFX, 4) Save and exit, 5) IMMIDIATELLY enter bios again, 6) switch to PEG from the same menu, 7) Boot to windows, 8) Post results.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

thanks a lot. It help in my laptop.

but now I have new problem and need to look on forum I same one have that problem and there I answer for that.

in short I don't have spikers or jack (audio)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Shiroe said:

 

thanks a lot. It help in my laptop.

but now I have new problem and need to look on forum I same one have that problem and there I answer for that.

in short I don't have spikers or jack (audio)

 

You need to download and install this driver from dell website(its the correct drivers + software which you need for the audio jacks to work properly):

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=G340X

 

And also as @J95 mentioned previously make sure DSE is disabled before AND after installation, otherwise the software will disappear again once you update!

Edited by haXBOXpro
  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone that don't know. I purchased Oculus Rift CV1 in hopes it works with m17 R4 with 980m 8 GB. Well, it works with no problems whatsoever. Went through Oculus setup and have played about an hour of Lucky's tale with no stuttering and beautiful VR. Also used Virtual Desktop to play Doom 2016 and it also works as it's supposed too. Was worried since HDMI is connected to motherboard and not gfx card but it still works and runs no problem. Downloading edge of nowhere now to test. Extremely happy with my 980m. Won't need to upgrade for a while. I am running dedicated with no Intel drivers installed. 

 

Update 8-29-16 Installed Edge of Nowhere and another title runs flawlessly on Oculus Rift CV1.  

Edited by momulah
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mr. Fox & @J95 I had a werid problem just today , I had a BSOD   "IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE"    the problem happened after , as soons as I restarted the laptop BIOS autamticly switched to RAID ( I wasn't on raid and seems like the BIOS resetting it self but not totally since the clock was correct ) and could not boot ( obviously ) so I switched back to AHCI .

But now the BIOS doesn't see any drive AT all UNLESS I switch to RAID ( and only raid ) I was able to boot back to windows with Legacy Boot is on , if I turn Legecy boot off the BIOS will not see any drive .

I tried to load default settings but didn't work 
I tried to remove my 3 HDD ( except SSD ) still didn't work 
ePGA did the see the drive with AHCI on 

I think my only solution is a BIOS reset with removing the CMOS Battery ( I cant at the moment )

What do you think anybody had this before 

TL DR 
Laptop hade BSOD the bios messed up the settings by it self and now cant see any drive if I have UEFI and AHCI on :( 

Please help 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

beta drivers are out - 372.70.

 

EDIT: They're full release :P

Edited by thegh0sts
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GeForce 372.70


    *Install drivers at your own risk* Windows 10 + GeForce Drivers are Killing Samsung and LG Notebook LCD Display Panels
      Uninstall both PrecisionX & MSI Afterburner (Keep RTSS) including screen overclocking tools *Still at risk*

 

       Requirements:

       Flash latest @Prema's v2 980M & 970M (Please consider donating to Prema)


  • Win10/8.1 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'
    cmd (Admin)
bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

 

        -> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' -> Install drivers

  • Run DDU "Clean & Shutdown (Safe Mode)
  • Extract driver using 7-Zip
  • Display.Driver folder,  copy/overwrite the proper .inf file(s).
  • Extracted driver package >> delete the following folders as shown below (don't skip this step)  -> run setup.exe  

       >>> Keep these folders only <<<

372.54.PNG

 

 

 

    INF MOD v372.70

   

nv_dispi.inf (including nvdmi.inf) PEG/Dedicated All Models: M15x, M17x, AW17 R1, M18x, AW18 R1 (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980 , 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX , 660M

 

nvcvi.inf: Optimus Alienware 17 / 05AA (only) GTX 980M - 970M - 965M

    

GeForce 372.70 Win 7/8.1


GeForce 372.70 Win10 RS1

 

 

Alienware Laptops

nv_dispi.inf_v372.70_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v372.70_Win7_8.1_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

 

nv_dispi.inf_v372.70_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v372.70_Win10_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

 

Clevo Laptops (non-Optimus)

nv_dispi.inf_v372.70_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v372.70_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO.zip

 

 

AW 900M Throttling workarounds:

M18xR2

 

Flash @Swick1981 [Bios Mod] M18xR2 - Legacy Support now Available 

M18xR2 980M workaround

 

Hibernation method HERE and HERE

 

 

 

@ All please use the SEARCH function to see if your question has been answered/posted already.

 

On 7/9/2016 at 3:03 AM, J95 said:

@_ALL if you are enjoying @Prema's  work, please consider making a contribution HERE.

 

 

Much appreciated!

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great stuff guys!!

 

Cant seem to download any of the inf zip's. am i doing something wrong here?

- edit; becoming an elite member enambled me to download. Would be an idea to change the error message to a become an elite member suggestion ;)

Thanks!

Edited by Ed970M
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2016 at 4:21 PM, HaloTechnology said:

@Mr. Fox & @J95 I had a werid problem just today , I had a BSOD   "IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE"    the problem happened after , as soons as I restarted the laptop BIOS autamticly switched to RAID ( I wasn't on raid and seems like the BIOS resetting it self but not totally since the clock was correct ) and could not boot ( obviously ) so I switched back to AHCI .

But now the BIOS doesn't see any drive AT all UNLESS I switch to RAID ( and only raid ) I was able to boot back to windows with Legacy Boot is on , if I turn Legecy boot off the BIOS will not see any drive .

I tried to load default settings but didn't work 
I tried to remove my 3 HDD ( except SSD ) still didn't work 
ePGA did the see the drive with AHCI on 

I think my only solution is a BIOS reset with removing the CMOS Battery ( I cant at the moment )

What do you think anybody had this before 

TL DR 
Laptop hade BSOD the bios messed up the settings by it self and now cant see any drive if I have UEFI and AHCI on :( 

Please help 

@HaloTechnology  Run Memtest then try clearing CMOS,

This was after upgrading to RS1? if so try a clean install and use Win10 native AHCI drivers.
 

 

 

On 8/25/2016 at 8:35 PM, haXBOXpro said:

 

You need to download and install this driver from dell website(its the correct drivers + software which you need for the audio jacks to work properly):

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=G340X

 

And also as @J95 mentioned previously make sure DSE is disabled before AND after installation, otherwise the software will disappear again once you update!

 

@haXBOXpro, @Shiroe you need to clean install modded Creative drivers from HERE (latest full package), otherwise Recon3Di control panel won't work. Just disable DSE (F8) before and after installing drivers.

 

 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2016 at 8:02 AM, Christian Ademius said:



Anyone?

I had enough of alienware and DELL complicating things and limiting system modifications. I changed GFX from 460M to 680M 3-4 years ago and everything now on requires modding, hacking etc etc to get the drivers to work and I still cant get sound out of my HDMI to work since Win 10 (I think). 
If no one can help in this matter then I better start saving for a non-complicated laptop such as ASUS, should I not?

 

 

Did you change BIOS sound card settings? those are required for the 780M only, not 680M.

You will need to install IDT drivers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello

 

I have a GTX 780m on an Alienware M17xr3 Windows 7. The card is working find but I want to update from 344.75 to 372.70.

 

I was able to update yesterday from 344.11 to 344.75 to experiment on how I could do it. Found a guide and was able to do it no problem. From there I was directed here to upgrade to a 372.70. I pretty much have no idea how this works since I am fairly new at this.

 

I got what you were saying but when I try to download your  modded inf nv_dispi.inf_v372.70_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip it keeps giving me the "page not found" error so I was just wondering if was only me that was having this problem.

 

-edit

Oh I completely missed a comment that said the reason why it was so XD

 

-edit 2

Just adding this, installed it perfectly followed instructions and it works amazingly. Crazy good stuff  THANKS!!:hyper:

Edited by Botxander
Missed a comment with information I needed
  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30.08.2016 at 9:13 PM, J95 said:

 

@haXBOXpro, @Shiroe you need to clean install modded Creative drivers from HERE (latest full package), otherwise Recon3Di control panel won't work. Just disable DSE (F8) before and after installing drivers.

 

 

 

Sorry for stupid question but what is that "DSE" ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shiroe said:

 

Sorry for stupid question but what is that "DSE" ??

 

Driver Signature Enforcement.

 

Open command prompt in Administrator mode then type:  "bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy" (without quotes)  -> Hit enter -> reboot -> Keep holding "F8" key -> Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" -> finally Install drivers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By Aun
      I am trying to find unlocked bios for overclocking but i cannot find it from a few days please someone help in me. its for my alienware 17 r3 with 970m and i7 6700hq.
       
      my dumped gpu bios
       
      i would really appreciate your help!
       
      and btw rn i OCed thru msi after burner core clock +135 and memory clock +250.
       
      cpu gpuz pic
      gpu pic
       
    • By Yomaster
      Hello, 
       
      some of my computer specs are as follows: 
      CPU: I9-9900k
      GPU: RTX 2070
      memory: 32 GB (forget the manufacturer/ clocks)
      Dsanke bios mod
       
       
       I recently bought a 1440p screen that is 120hz capable, but it does not allow me to select the 120hz option. I have checked numerous places and all of the websites say that this screen is 120hz enabled. I have the dsanke bios mod on my computer. I see people being able to use this screen's 120hz functionality, but I can't get it to work. Any suggestions? If you need any additional information about my laptop, I will be happy to provide info.
       
    • By Miyagi1007
      Hello guys so i bought a used alienware m17x r3 with hd 6870m on it, so when i was trying to boot well it goes to the windows 7 loading screen that says starting windows after that the screen turns white and goes to bsod saying atikmpag.sys
       
      also i attempt to switch my integrated gpu to my discrete card ( hd6870m)  and i wont switch at all 
       
      Responses are highly appreciated 
      Thank you in advance
    • By blancaster
      does anyone know why a vbios file  8mb in size for nvidia k80 , myu backup bios is only 256kb
    • By IveGotRoot
      I have recently upgraded my laptop(an M6800 firepro 6100) and replaced it with an GTX 980m. Nvidia says that the latest driver(461) supports my card but i can only install up to 388.13 Ive tried to mod it but i can't figure it out. I can run the latest linux driver tho
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.