[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

J95

excuse me, i got my alienware m7xr3 upgraded to gtx 770m...when im instaling the driver that you say in the older post "347.11 for alienware gtx 780" im already copy the .inf file on the display.driver replace the old one and when i tried to install the driver its says "failed to instal nvidia driver"... so i tried to google it "how to fix failed instal nvidia driver" they got 2 method and i tried two of them and its useless... at the first method they i go download "display driver uninstaller" when i open the progam its ask me for safe mode and i wipe all my display driver... and i reinstal the driver and its still failed... so i tried the second method it say "manual driver instalation using "device manager" i press "update driver software" and brows to the "display.driver" folder and tried to instal it manualy when the loading bar finish it say "already have the best driver for its hardware" lol... so now im asking for help...and the dxdiag wont detect the display card and driver

alienware m17xr3

intel i7 2670qm

8gb ram

gtx 770m

windows 7 home premium

at bios a12 sata unlock i change the

-advanced > video setting > primary display to PEG "theres no PNG it just PEG SG GFX"

-audio hd > disabled "when i enable this audio hd after the windows 7 loading logo it goes blank

-theres no integrated display to enable and disable at the advanced tab theres just a "internal Graphic Display"

Thanks

Why dont you try new driver 353.62?

J95 posted modded ini file so it should work for you now and its also for gtx 770m.

Warning AW owners...

Windows 10 Upgrade Warning for Alienware Owners | NotebookReview

@All, Windows 10 & v353.62 has blown out four Samsung display panels -> AW18, M18xR2, AW17 <- Please uninstall current driver (DDU/Clean & Shutdown) and install v352.84 from here http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/6307-%5Balienware%5D-aftermarket-upgrades-driver-support-modded-inf-31.html#post136061

Win7/8.1 users please install previous version 353.49 as a precaution, from here http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/6307-%5Balienware%5D-aftermarket-upgrades-driver-support-modded-inf-45.html#post138999

Samsung LCD displays:

Alienware 18 R1 , M18xR1, M18xR2, Alienware 17 R1 60Hz & 120Hz (Samsung & AUO), M17xR4 120Hz...

Please post your concerns here Windows 10 + Official 353.62 Drivers Has Killed Three Samsung LCD Displays

• Thumbs Up 5

@J95

I'm having difficulties upgrading my m18xr1 video cardto dual 860m's or even a single 860m. On boot I get a blue screen followed by reboot; safe mode doesn't help. I've uninstalled all video/graphics drivers and tried both the unlocked 03 & 05 drivers and both video cards. I can only seem to get the laptopto boot with internal or 560m installed. I was told you might be able to help.... I've read your previous posts and followed your instructions; however, I can never get past the compatibility check with the Nvidia drivers.

One thing I did notice is that while the bios seems to recognize the cards as Nvidia Graphics cards. The bios doesn't seem to know that they are 860m's , while with the old cards it does identify them as 560m's .. if that makes any sense...maybe that isn't helpful.

Thanks in advance!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15653[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15654[/ATTACH]

Please post HWID -> Device manager -> Display Adapters -> Details -> Hardware Ids.

First disable driver signing.

• Win10 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'
    cmd (Admin)
    bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

-> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' -> Install drivers.

• Extract driver using 7-Zip
  • Display.Driver folder -> copy/overwrite nv_dispi.inf (extract).
  • Extracted driver package -> run setup.exe

nvdispi.inf v353.49 Win8.1 http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/6307-%5Balienware%5D-aftermarket-upgrades-driver-support-modded-inf-45.html#post138999

@aricww

I still need your HWIDs...Win7 just skip DSE. Use nvdispi.inf v353.49 Win7/8.1.

• Extract driver using 7-Zip
  • Display.Driver folder -> copy/overwrite nv_dispi.inf.
  • Extracted driver package -> run setup.exe

GeForce 353.49 HF Win7/8.1

nv_dispi.inf_v353.49_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated.zip

Trying to update to the latest graphics driver, but not working. I also cannot get Windows 10 to install, Nvidia GTX 780m is not compatible.

Alienware M17x R3 currently running Win 7

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_119F&SUBSYS_04901028&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_119F&SUBSYS_04901028

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_119F&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_119F&CC_0300

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Also looking to use the latest Nvidia Driver for Windows 7 - Alienware m17x r3 - GTX 680m.

Any help locating the latest Driver and Modded INF file would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Dave

P.S. I have looked through pages and pages in this thread but could not find the modded INF File for the latest Nvidia 353.62 driver for Windows 7?

Ok Hidevolution accepted my RMA and they've sent out a new card.... Whole episode cost me $45 for shipping (had to pay $25 to and $20 from) but this should fix my problems... Hopefully should get by Friday... BTW @J95 any updates on this driver situation? Has NVIDIA done anything? Clearly 353.62 is screwed up killing Mr Foxs and other screens and probably killing my GPU...

Ok Hidevolution accepted my RMA and they've sent out a new card.... Whole episode cost me $45 for shipping (had to pay $25 to and $20 from) but this should fix my problems... Hopefully should get by Friday... BTW @J95 any updates on this driver situation? Has NVIDIA done anything? Clearly 353.62 is screwed up killing Mr Foxs and other screens and probably killing my GPU...

good luck on that card.

hi

i have an Alienware m18x r1 with gtx780m.on win 7 everything was ok but now on win 10 i can't install drivers:(the installer starts normally and when it comes to installing drivers the display flash and the install fail.with manual install over the device manager it says cannot install-file not found help:(

good luck on that card.

Got it installed and works great! Now need to flash unlocked vBIOS... any recommendations? I was using Svl7's however how is Premas? For example, Svl7 sets the boost clocks as standard clocks and for 970M, the voltage is set at 0.95V... my old card worked perfectly on these settings... How does Prema do it? any idea?

I've been trying to flash the new Prema unlocked vBIOS... I got this though before flashing... I aborted as a result but will this be ok? The Device Ids don't seem to match lol.. Don't want to end up bricking my GPU... Does anyone have any idea about this? @J95, @thegh0sts [MENTION=5647]Lee James Wood[/MENTION] etc?

post-27466-14495000627759_thumb.png

I've been trying to flash the new Prema unlocked vBIOS... I got this though before flashing... I aborted as a result but will this be ok? The Device Ids don't seem to match lol.. Don't want to end up bricking my GPU... Does anyone have any idea about this? @J95, @thegh0sts [MENTION=5647]Lee James Wood[/MENTION] etc?

Yep, press "Y" to confirm. Reboot only after "Flash Successful".

Please consider donating to @Prema...;)

I didn't see any confirmation.. It flashed and terminated itself by the time I got back.. I enabled driver, rebooted and vbios seems to have flashed properly.. Its changed in GPU-Z and sliders are unlocked..

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't see any confirmation.. It flashed and terminated itself by the time I got back.. I enabled driver, rebooted and vbios seems to have flashed properly.. Its changed in GPU-Z and sliders are unlocked..

Are you insane?!...;)

Are you insane!...;)

Well the thing was it got flashed, I saw that run so I thought it's fine... Its working perfectly.. Do you suggest I reflash?

Edit, Core clock OC doesn't seem to be applying.. Shall I refresh? Using EVGA Precision X.. memory OC works!

Well the thing was it got flashed, I saw that run so I thought it's fine... Its working perfectly.. Do you suggest I reflash?

Nope. Next time...during the flashing process, try staying in front of your laptop...;)

• Thumbs Up 1

Nope. Next time...during the flashing process, try staying in front of your laptop...;)

Sir Yes Sir! It seems that NVIDIA inspector fixes this core clock problem.. The Core OC is working although I am not too much of a fan of this GPU boost crap which wasn't there in svl7s bios version..

Trying to update to the latest graphics driver, but not working. I also cannot get Windows 10 to install, Nvidia GTX 780m is not compatible.

Alienware M17x R3 currently running Win 7

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_119F&SUBSYS_04901028&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_119F&SUBSYS_04901028

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_119F&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_119F&CC_0300

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Uninstall current drivers using DDU and then try upgrading to 10

Win10 installed, try v352.84 (nv_dispi.inf) from here http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/6307-%5Balienware%5D-aftermarket-upgrades-driver-support-modded-inf-31.html#post136061

Also looking to use the latest Nvidia Driver for Windows 7 - Alienware m17x r3 - GTX 680m.

Any help locating the latest Driver and Modded INF file would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Dave

P.S. I have looked through pages and pages in this thread but could not find the modded INF File for the latest Nvidia 353.62 driver for Windows 7?

Please install previous version 353.49 (nv_dispi.inf) from here http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/6307-%5Balienware%5D-aftermarket-upgrades-driver-support-modded-inf-45.html#post138999

Windows 10 Upgrade Warning for Alienware Owners | NotebookReview

@All, Windows 10 & v353.62 has blown out four Samsung display panels -> AW18, M18xR2, AW17 <- Please uninstall current driver (DDU/Clean & Shutdown) and install v352.84 from here http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/6307-%5Balienware%5D-aftermarket-upgrades-driver-support-modded-inf-31.html#post136061

Win7/8.1 users please install previous version 353.49 as a precaution, from here http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/6307-%5Balienware%5D-aftermarket-upgrades-driver-support-modded-inf-45.html#post138999

Samsung LCD displays:

Alienware 18 R1 , M18xR1, M18xR2, Alienware 17 R1 60Hz & 120Hz (Samsung & AUO), M17xR4 120Hz...

Please post your concerns here Windows 10 + Official 353.62 Drivers Has Killed Three Samsung LCD Displays

So whats happened so far with the 353.62 drivers just trying to get an idea of this if anyone can sum it up for me? :)

They killing external LCD's or is it the laptop monitor itself thats being fried by them? Also what GPU's are in use on the machines that got the fried monitors? is it the older 700 and 800 series or has the GTX980's been affected as well? One other thing? Does it fry the monitor itself completely or is it just breaking something like the firmware on the monitor? Software is Kinda complicated for me C_C

I've rolled back to the earlier drivers but I cant use them really I noticed theyre throttling and not as stable on my system and wont use more than 180mb of memory. For the time being I'm on the 353.62 drivers. Hopefully whatever has caused this is only an issue with older series cards and wont affect me long enough till a newer driver comes out and I can update >_<

So whats happened so far with the 353.62 drivers just trying to get an idea of this if anyone can sum it up for me? :)

They killing external LCD's or is it the laptop monitor itself thats being fried by them? Also what GPU's are in use on the machines that got the fried monitors? is it the older 700 and 800 series or has the GTX980's been affected as well? One other thing? Does it fry the monitor itself completely or is it just breaking something like the firmware on the monitor? Software is Kinda complicated for me C_C

I've rolled back to the earlier drivers just to be on the safe side.

Internal displays.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• J95 pinned this topic