[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

J95

@All *FW development* @Prema's Mods, I need 9xxMs ASIC quality readings, in addition to 3D voltage* on stock vBIOS. SLI systems please include both cards...;)

Thank you.

GPU-Z v0.8.4

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15382[/ATTACH]

@chiefule, @mariussx, @godfafa, @thegh0sts, @twin snakes, @TomJGX, @jjbettcher, @jand2340 @avands @Infini, @mitya_alba, @merlinios, @SillyYak, @wuruochong, @Zyzyx

@Lee James Wood, @LaPioute, @Boise, @Hackintoshihope @Wolf, @N!IGHTHAWK!, @1pinkpanda1, @tony7755333

Hope I done this right - ASIC 72.4%:

post-16277-14495000484364_thumb.jpg

Edit:

+nVidia 353.49 driver Firestrike:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/7712933?

*nVidia 353.06 driver Firestrike with the same settings:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/7711849?

• Thumbs Up 1

@Mr. Fox Due to voltage throttling VDDC/3D readings weren't accurate, please repeat the GPU-Z render test, both cards. Like above run each card at a time.

Thx

@J95 - with SLI disabled, there is no way to load the secondary GPU. If you select it in GPU-Z it still only creates a 3D load on the primary GPU and secondary remains idle. With SLI disabled the only thing the secondary GPU can be used for is dedicated PhysX rendering or CUDA compute tasks. This is not new or different with Maxwell... it has been this way all along.

Side note: @J95 and @Prema - unequal voltage is common on Maxwell SLI using stock vBIOS... that is not throttling, just a bug NVIDIA was kind enough to provide for us, even for desktop Maxwell GPUs. It is one of the documented Maxwell GPU problems. With the modded 980M vBIOS I am using it locks voltage on both cards equal because there is no dynamic "range" crap for the voltage to fluctuate as it sees fit. It goes where I set it and stays there unless the P-state changes because the operational "range" was eliminated. The high and low voltage are edited to be the same for each clock state, so it has nowhere else to go. The kicker is, you have to bump the voltage at least one notch to lock them. If you leave the voltage to stock defaults, one GPU will always be different than the other. It really sucks, but we've to expect suckiness from stock NVIDIA vBIOS for years now, right? They are never any good unless they are modded.

- - - Updated - - -

@J95 Heres the slave card 3d reading with sli off.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15475[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15476[/ATTACH]

Exactly... this is normal behavior. It cannot be tested with SLI disabled because it cannot be used for 3D graphics rendering as a secondary GPU with SLI disabled.

@J95 - with SLI disabled, there is no way to load the secondary GPU. If you select it in GPU-Z it still only creates a 3D load on the primary GPU and secondary remains idle. With SLI disabled the only thing the secondary GPU can be used for is dedicated PhysX rendering or CUDA compute tasks. This is not new or different with Maxwell... it has been this way all along.

Side note: @J95 and @Prema - unequal voltage is common on Maxwell SLI using stock vBIOS... that is not throttling, just a bug NVIDIA was kind enough to provide for us, even for desktop Maxwell GPUs. It is one of the documented Maxwell GPU problems. With the modded 980M vBIOS I am using it locks voltage on both cards equal because there is no dynamic "range" crap for the voltage to fluctuate as it sees fit. It goes where I set it and stays there unless the P-state changes because the operational "range" was eliminated. The high and low voltage are edited to be the same for each clock state, so it has nowhere else to go. The kicker is, you have to bump the voltage at least one notch to lock them. If you leave the voltage to stock defaults, one GPU will always be different than the other. It really sucks, but we've to expect suckiness from stock NVIDIA vBIOS for years now, right? They are never any good unless they are modded.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly... this is normal behavior. It cannot be tested with SLI disabled because it cannot be used for 3D graphics rendering as a secondary GPU with SLI disabled.

Then try running gpu-z render test w/ SLI enabled, your previous test throttled due to 3dmark11 heavy load. Stock vbios unequal voltage is common/intended based on ASIC.

[MENTION=1756]twin snakes[/MENTION], @tony7755333, @haXBOXpro *SLI enabled* please set "MAX" reading by clicking VDDC reading.

@J95 yes there's no way to fully loaded two GPU at same time, with SLI disabled, the 2nd gpu still sit idle, i even think to swap 2 gpus, but seem to be useless since 2 gpus behave exactly same way, 2nd gpu still idle anyway

Here my result, stock cpu& gpu clock, stock vbios, stock bios, driver 353.06, with VDDC set to highest value

GPU0

post-1756-14495000525109_thumb.jpg

GPU1

post-1756-14495000525506_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

there ya go, hopefully l'm doing it right

first i run about 10 sec of 3dmark11 (entry profile), take screenshot of 2 gpu-z status

post-1756-14495000526952_thumb.jpg

then i ran render test in fullscreen mode, exit render mode and take asic quality of 2 gpus

post-1756-14495000527917_thumb.jpg

post-1756-14495000527184_thumb.jpg

final step is run render test in windowed mode and take asic quality at the same time (same with previous post)

post-1756-14495000527506_thumb.jpg

pls note that left panel is GPU0 and right one is GPU1

/if there's anything i can help with, pls inform me

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello everyone!

I have been trying to install 353.49 on my alienware m18xR2 with a 980M card. I cant get the installation to go thru. I looked in this thread as well as the .inf-mod thread but the instructions either doesnt work, or I'm doing something wrong (I'm guessing the latter). Could someone please tell me how to do this? My hardware ID is:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&SUBSYS_05501028&REV_A1

there ya go, hopefully l'm doing it right

first i run about 10 sec of 3dmark11 (entry profile), take screenshot of 2 gpu-z status

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15512[/ATTACH]

[MENTION=1756]twin snakes[/MENTION]

ASIC 65.5% 1.062v

post-3012-14495000528446_thumb.png

ASIC 71.3% 1.050v

GPU 0

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15463[/ATTACH]

Well i still can;t run render test with secondary gpu, only primary one is fully loaded

Hello everyone!

I have been trying to install 353.49 on my alienware m18xR2 with a 980M card. I cant get the installation to go thru. I looked in this thread as well as the .inf-mod thread but the instructions either doesnt work, or I'm doing something wrong (I'm guessing the latter). Could someone please tell me how to do this? My hardware ID is:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&SUBSYS_05501028&REV_A1

Follow this

Uninstall drivers, run DDU "Clean and Shutdown" option
  • Win10/8.1 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'
    cmd (Admin)
    bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

-> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' -> Install drivers.

• Extract driver using 7-Zip
  • Display.Driver folder -> copy/overwrite nv_dispi.inf (unzip)
  • Extracted driver package -> run setup.exe

yes i notice that too, 2nd gpu has higher vcore as well as lower asic quality

so do you get what you need?

Yep, thanks man. Including both results perfcap reason.

- - - Updated - - -

*Stock vBIOS*

Like above, please set GPU-Z sensors to "Max" and then run 3dmark11 "Entry Level" for a few seconds to capture secondary GPU VDDC reading.

@haXBOXpro ASIC 77%

@tony7755333 ASIC 70.2%

Follow this

Thank you, it works!

I was using 347.90-modded one earlier (which I think you also provided? It has been working great so far but Diablo3 tends to freeze so I hope this one will solve that. Anyways, when I installed that one I disabled driver-signing and I was under the impression that the setting lasts thru restart but perhaps it doesnt? Either way after doing that (again) and using that dispi file instead it worked like a charm.

• Thumbs Up 1

@J95. I did as you asked. except i had to run 3dMark at "performance level" only option available on demo.

hope its what you need :)

GPU0

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15525[/ATTACH]

GPU1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15526[/ATTACH]

i want you 2nd GPU man, that ASIC score is awesome!

• Thumbs Up 1

Which is decent, this makes it like as powerful as the desktop version really.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I could test a whole bunch of them, if i tried. But, what does the values really mean, for you J95. How does it help you ?

I could literally ask a few hundred people I've sold too, what their's is. I think I will ask a few at least, maybe direct them to this thread, to help, but would be easier if i knew how it helps, really.

I got my cards from you aswell on ebay!! They are running beautifully in my beast (after finding the right driver that is)... u can see my ASIC score above is pretty decent one @77.0 other @66.6. can I swap the one with lower ASIC? (Joking) lol :distracted:

@J95. I did as you asked. except i had to run 3dMark at "performance level" only option available on demo.

hope its what you need :)

GPU0

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15525[/ATTACH]

GPU1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15526[/ATTACH]

@haXBOXpro THX.

ASIC 66.6% 1.062v

ASIC 77.0% 1.025v

- - - Updated - - -

*Stock vBIOS*

Like above, please set GPU-Z sensors to "Max" and then run 3dmark11 "Entry Level" for a few seconds to capture secondary GPU VDDC reading.

@tony7755333 ASIC 70.2%

@tony7755333 ASIC 70.2%

[MENTION=119]Mr. Fox[/MENTION]

ASIC 76.7%

ASIC 72.8%

@All *FW development* @Prema's Mods, I need 9xxMs ASIC quality readings, in addition to 3D voltage* on stock vBIOS. SLI systems please include both cards...;)

Don't know if you're still looking for these, I have a GTX 980m. Seeing an ASIC quality of 71.1% and a VDDC with the render test running for a few minutes of 1.0500 V.

• Thumbs Up 1

• J95 pinned this topic