[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

J95

So i see that there is 3 files that need to be modded. Nv_dispi, nvcvi and nv_dispwi?

you only ever really need 1 modded file. if you intend to install while in optimus mode then use the optimus INF, if you're going to be dedicated / PEG then use the PEG INF file.

PEG MOD v352.84 Win 10

nv_dispi.inf: PEG/Dedicated All Models (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX

nvcvi.inf: Optimus Alienware 17 / 05AA (only) GTX 980M - 970M - 965M

• Uninstall both EVGA PrecisionX & MSI Afterburner (Keep RTSS)
  • Flash @Prema's CLEVO_8GB_GTX980M_OC_PM_v1.1.1 (please consider donating to Prema)
  • DDU "Clean & Shutdown"
  • Disable DSE cmd (Admin)
    bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy
    -> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement'.

• Extract driver package using 7-Zip
  • Download -> GeForce 352.84 PEG MOD win10.rar <-
  • Display.Driver folder -> copy/overwrite nv_dispi.inf -> run setup.exe -> don't reboot yet <-
  • NV Inspector -> Driver Profile Settings -> Import User Defined Profiles -> Import (replace) all driver profiles (Nvidia text format) -> Full_Profiles_7_v352.84.txt

cWsgPhg.png

• NV Inspector -> restore current profile to Nvidia defaults -> reboot

ZWIgKXR.png

• Open NVCPL -> Manage 3D settings -> Set High Performance etc...
  • NV Inspector -> P0/P1 matching -> Copy nvidiaInspector folder and included batch files to C:\ root directory ( Single/980M_Single_GPU_NVI...zip or SLI/980M_SLI_NVI...zip)

Stock 1127/2505 P0/P1 or 1127/2705 P0/P1 (vram OCing - check stability)

zS4PoDH.png

• Task scheduler -> import task .xml -> one task at a time...:D or disable current task or edit task/Actions (System tasks/hidden command prompt window).

02kvNwv.png

GeForce 352.84 PEG MOD >latest profiles<

Update: Full_Profiles_7_v352.84.txt (no need to reinstall drivers)

nv_dispi.inf_v352.84_Win10_PEG_Dedicated.zip

Full_Profiles_7_352.84.txt.zip

Full_Profiles_6_v352.84.txt.zip

Full_Profiles_5_v352.84.txt.zip

Full_Profiles_4_v352.84.txt.zip

Full_Profiles_3_v352.84.txt.zip

Full_Profiles_2_352.84.txt.zip

980M_Single_GPU_NVI_Task_bat_win10.zip

980M_SLI_NVI_Task_bat_win10.zip

• Thumbs Up 6

GeForce 352.84 WHQL

• This driver, version 352.84, is the first WHQL-certified and latest recommended driver for all pre-release Windows 10 testing.
    INF MOD v352.84
    nv_dispi.inf: PEG/Dedicated All Models (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX
    nvcvi.inf: Optimus Alienware 17 / 05AA (only) GTX 980M - 970M - 965M
    Win10
    GeForce 352.84 WHQL

NO way ! Awozome mate !

What is DSE ? I also wonder if this driver will install on windows 7 and then show that it is "compatible" for windows 10.. instead of incompatible..so I am off to try it..

- - - Updated - - -

What is DSE ? I also wonder if this driver will install on windows 7 and then show that it is "compatible" for windows 10.. instead of incompatible..so I am off to try it..actually says invalid link...for the INF

**Editted**

now link works...

success..

disabled driver signature

- - - Updated - - -

But wait... performance is worse then if I was using the HD Intel graphics. Like 3DMark /firestrike give same 1-1.5 FPS

No matter what I do, does not seem to be a way for the computer to use the 980M in windows 10 on the M17X-R4.

It seems to only use the HD intel graphics. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Okay, so I did a re-install. I booted to safe mode, ran command prompt, did the bcdedit, rebooted and selected DSE and then installed the driver. Still doesn't work. It installs, it is seen by HWMOnitor, shows in devicemanager..nvidia control panel is all setup and the right settings used for Optimus as per usual..but when I game or run 3DMark - I get only HD intel graphics working. Ive been trying to get this to work all night. I am using M17X-R4 and a 980M with SLV7's OC'd vBios. What am I missing ? Do I need a unlocked system bios ? Or is this Optimus only working for the AW 17 and not the previous version's M17X-R4 ?

Okay, so I did a re-install. I booted to safe mode, ran command prompt, did the bcdedit, rebooted and selected DSE and then installed the driver. Still doesn't work. It installs, it is seen by HWMOnitor, shows in devicemanager..nvidia control panel is all setup and the right settings used for Optimus as per usual..but when I game or run 3DMark - I get only HD intel graphics working. Ive been trying to get this to work all night. I am using M17X-R4 and a 980M with SLV7's OC'd vBios. What am I missing ? Do I need a unlocked system bios ? Or is this Optimus only working for the AW 17 and not the previous version's M17X-R4 ?

switch to PEG and install with the modded PEG INF.

I have flashed an unlocked bios now. when I hit Fn+F7 it will give 8 beeps. If I get back again, and go to bios and enable PEG and then underneath that menu I go and disable integrated graphics. I still get 8 Beeps. I also made sure to switch to UEFI

Alienware M17x R4 and M18x R2 fails to POST with 8 Beeps | Dell US

first port of call in the google search.

I truthfully believe, until someone can explain it to me, that - that link, points to useless tech advice, that does not solve anything what so ever. Whomever from DELL came up with that solution, didn't solve anything but instead confused many people for no reason and provided even less solution then doing nothing at all.

Flex is the ratio your cpu stays at when not in Turbo. What the heck does that have to do with the videofront of your experience. The 8 Beeps are very well known to be because of video. the reason I am getting them is because the 980M has no analogue connection, it uses eDP or digitally through Optimus when in windows, when its in PEG its host is still present, since the digital connection/path is through the bridge on the chipset connecting to the CPU. This is why people with 120hz screens have issues too, the system searches for a way to do video and nothing is present, because it looks for analogue first, if its in UEFI it can search for digital (because its forced too, stay digital in UEFI). Sometimes someone can bypass 8 beeps by using a VGA display, when they have the eDP 120Hz monitors, and then when loaded just remove the VGA display. Anyways this is all old stuff, that I am not even sure is accurate, but its what I think - I know.

• J95 pinned this topic