[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

J95

If the 580m boots fine using the above settings 'IGP disabled and PEG enabled' then unfortunately it looks like you have a faulty card. IGP enabled with an aftermarket card (680m) will end up with a black screen too.

Primary Display -> PEG (not "always enable PEG" setting)

Internal Graphics Device -> Disabled

Clevo/blue PCB from eurocom?

No this was a used one I got from ebay, although the first time I tried to upgrade the card I got was from eurocom thru the ebay store upgradeyourpc. That card was blowing my system up with blue screens and the support I got from them was the very worst, it literally consisted of asking me if I could boot into safe mode and then never heard from them again. I had to get ebay involved on that

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, i have the same problem tryng to download the drivers and im getting an error. j95, could you do this for me once please ? ill give you access to my computer and ill pay you if you want. Im on a m18x r2 with two 880m and im stuck on 332.35 drivers,

Just message me on my email if you can. [email protected]. Ty u very much.

Hey, i have the same problem tryng to download the drivers and im getting an error. j95, could you do this for me once please ? ill give you access to my computer and ill pay you if you want. Im on a m18x r2 with two 880m and im stuck on 332.35 drivers,

Just message me on my email if you can. [email protected]. Ty u very much.

- Download GeForce 340.43 Beta

- Win8 -> disable driver signing http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/6307-%5Balienware%5D-aftermarket-upgrades-driver-support-modded-inf.html#post86445

- Extract w/ 7-Zip/Winrar

- Display.Driver folder -> copy/overwrite nvdmi.inf_v340.43_M18xR2_GTX_880M_SLI

- Nvidia 340.43...International folder\ run setup.exe

You need 5 quality posts or T|I Elite Membership for immediate download rights.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Amdtaz better update to v337.88, v340.43 is a no go Nvidia crippling the gtx 880ms with there new drivers (look for a nvidia response.

- Follow the instructions above.

- Download GeForce 337.88 WHQL

- nvdmi.inf_v337.88_M18xR2_GTX_880M_SLI

5 quality posts or T|I Elite Membership helping out with the forum servers costs, no need to pay me anything.

is that you who mod the nvdmi.inf each time ? I mean by that do i always have to wait the update from you ? I dont wanna break anything to have any errors this is why i wanted you to do this properly for me once and after ill be fine :( thanks again, Louis

@Amdtaz read this first http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/5249-%5Bguide%5D-modding-nvidia-oem-inf-files.html

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1198&SUBSYS_05501028&REV_A1

1198 = GTX 880M

0550 = M18xR2

1028 = Dell (nvdmi.inf)

- GeForce 337.88 WHQL

- Extract driver w/ 7-Zip/winrar

- Display.Driver folder -> open nvdmi.inf (notepad) CTRL+H -> Find What: 05AB Replace With: 0550 -> Hit 'Replace All' -> Save.

- Extracted Nvidia 337.88...International\ run setup exe.

Ok cool ! but when i do extract the 337.88 files the installation start automatically right after and i have the no device detected that come up. Also i created a folder called NVIDIA To extact the files. Am i correct or i can just extract it in a random folder ? It seems that i cannot find the ''nvdmi.inf'' in the Display.Driver folder too. Thanks for the help by the way, its really appreciated.

GeForce 340.52 WHQL

Edit: since v340.43 nvidia no longer supports NVCUVENC encoder 600/700/800 GPUs.

Try this mod for both NVCUVENC & NVENC support (Latest nvcuvenc.dll -> #307 nvdmi.inf_v340.52_nvcuvenc.dll_New)

nvdmi.inf_v340.52_AW_M17XR2_R3_R4_M18XR1_R2_GTX_680M_780M_880M.zip

nvdmi.inf_v340.52_AW_M18xR1_R2_GTX_680M_780M_880M_SLI.zip

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am a new arrival here. I found the information on this site helpful, and today I became a paid member so I can download.

I have a M17xR3, Win7, and am attempting to install a GTX880m card (from a GTX460m). My take from the previous posts is the 337.88 driver is still the desireable one. No?

Today I have successfully downloaded and unzipped the 337.88 driver from a link provided in an earlier post in this thread.

I have been unsuccessful downloading and unzipping the associated modified nvdmi.inf file in the same earlier post. The file downloads, but when I attempt to unzip, it fails saying fiolder is empty.

Can someone provide me with a working link please?

Or... Is it possible for me to make the required changes in the nvdmi.inf file myself? What changes do I need to make?

I appreciate the quick reply. However, I get the same Windows error message with the file link you privided above as I got yesterday.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12252[/ATTACH]

Select save option instead of open, or try a different browser. Right click "Extract All".

Tried all that previously. Still no success. Here is another error message.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12273[/ATTACH]

I'm guessing its just a bad file. Can you confirm on your end please? Thank you.

post-3012-14494998189393_thumb.png

Disable anti-virus. Right click, open with 'Windows Explorer' or try 7-Zip

nvdmi.inf_v337.88_AW_M17XR2_R3_R4_M18XR1_R2_GTX_680M_780M_880M.zip

Unfortunately for me your guidence is criptic. I would appreciate you being more verbose. Not all the way to the 'guidence for dummies level', but closer. That being said, I have tried your most recent suggestions, as best I could follow, and still am unsuccessful obtaining the contents of your compressed file. Same error messages prevail. Would it be possible for you to post a link to an uncompressed file so I can move on with this? The file size does not appear to be big. Thank you.

Anti-virus software deleting the content or Zip file associations issue. .zip -> right click -> open with -> Windows Explorer/or choose default program. Now zip file associations should be restored.

V337.88 nvdmi

• J95 pinned this topic