[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

J95

12 hours ago, Tulius said:

Why did you use Optimus anyway? Would'n be better if you change to PEG in BIOS to fully utilizes your GPU? I think the only reason to utilize Optimus if you put the new 10 Nvidia series(1050, 1060 and 1070) in some nom eDP Alienware panels.

I just tried to do that yesterday and my laptop wouldn't post , and here is why something happened to my laptop last year it BSOD and then BIOS settings were all wiped .
I thought that was wired after that my laptop no longer sees any of my hard drives !!! I freaked out and to this day it won't POST, UNLESS I Disable UEFI and enable BIOS and enable RAID (even though my drives are not raided ).

As you know BIOS windows 10 modded driver = NO POST 

:(

I am going to be stuck with old driver forever now without @J95

Edited by HaloTechnology

On 14/09/2017 at 9:53 AM, HaloTechnology said:

I just tried to do that yesterday and my laptop wouldn't post , and here is why something happened to my laptop last year it BSOD and then BIOS settings were all wiped .
I thought that was wired after that my laptop no longer sees any of my hard drives !!! I freaked out and to this day it won't POST, UNLESS I Disable UEFI and enable BIOS and enable RAID (even though my drives are not raided ).

As you know BIOS windows 10 modded driver = NO POST 

:(

I am going to be stuck with old driver forever now without @J95

Next time with new Nvidia drivers released I will try make a Optimus version too.

I'm uploading new mod file drivers for Alienware win10
 PEG and Optimus mod files(Optimus not tested):

GeForce driver 385.69

Game Ready

Provides the optimal gaming experience for Project Cars 2, Call of Duty: WWII open beta, Total War: WARHAMMER II, Forza Motorsport 7, EVE: Valkyrie – Warzone, FIFA 18, Raiders of the Broken Planet, and Star Wars Battlefront 2 open beta

Game ready VR
Provides the optimal gaming experience for EVE: Valkyrie – Warzone and From Other Suns open beta

Alienware:

nv_dispi.inf (including nvdmi.inf) PEG/Dedicated All Models
nvcvi.inf: Optimus Alienware 17 / 05AA (only) GTX 980M - 970M - 965M

nv_dispi.inf_v385.69_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v385.69_Win10_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

GeForce 385.69 Win10

Edited by Tulius
  • Thumbs Up 1

After installing your last driver 385.41 using desktop base on Alienware M18xR1 with two 880M I couldn't use NVENC in OBS. Reverting to old @J95 driver fixed the issue.

Also please include driver link in post you upload INFs as @J95 did. That makes life easier.

Edited by Ezio21

5 hours ago, Ezio21 said:

After installing your last driver 385.41 using desktop base on Alienware M18xR1 with two 880M I couldn't use NVENC in OBS. Reverting to old @J95 driver fixed the issue.

Also please include driver link in post you upload INFs as @J95 did. That makes life easier.

Did you try using the 385.69 driver mod? OBS 20.0.1 NVENC encoder is working just fine with my M18XR2  980M SLI. 

Nvidia driver link included now :)

Edited by Tulius

On 23/09/2017 at 3:08 AM, Tulius said:

I'm uploading new mod file drivers for Alienware win10
 PEG and Optimus mod files(Optimus not tested):

GeForce driver 385.69

Game Ready

Provides the optimal gaming experience for Project Cars 2, Call of Duty: WWII open beta, Total War: WARHAMMER II, Forza Motorsport 7, EVE: Valkyrie – Warzone, FIFA 18, Raiders of the Broken Planet, and Star Wars Battlefront 2 open beta

Game ready VR
Provides the optimal gaming experience for EVE: Valkyrie – Warzone and From Other Suns open beta

Alienware:

nv_dispi.inf (including nvdmi.inf) PEG/Dedicated All Models

nvcvi.inf: Optimus Alienware 17 / 05AA (only) GTX 980M - 970M - 965M

nv_dispi.inf_v385.69_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v385.69_Win10_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

GeForce 385.69 Win10

Thanks dude for the release ! I installed it on my P170EM with GTX970M after DDU. After the last reboot, I managed to play Battlefield 1 or any demanding game without issues.

However, after a while, the computer restart automatically and the drivers rolled back to 353.54 :(

This is the second time I tried to install it.... Do you have any clue ?

2 hours ago, hoani said:

Thanks dude for the release ! I installed it on my P170EM with GTX970M after DDU. After the last reboot, I managed to play Battlefield 1 or any demanding game without issues.

However, after a while, the computer restart automatically and the drivers rolled back to 353.54 :(

This is the second time I tried to install it.... Do you have any clue ?

You need to disable automatic driver updating in Windows. I would give you the instruction but I don't have them at hand. A simple Google should get you where you need to go.

6 hours ago, TheTqM said:

You need to disable automatic driver updating in Windows. I would give you the instruction but I don't have them at hand. A simple Google should get you where you need to go.

I was thinking this part was handled automatically with DDU but I must admit that I didn't get the last win10 creators ed version of DDU.

Do you think reapeating the process with this last DDU will do the trick ?

5 hours ago, hoani said:

I was thinking this part was handled automatically with DDU but I must admit that I didn't get the last win10 creators ed version of DDU.

Do you think reapeating the process with this last DDU will do the trick ?

Dunno, might as well do it manually. 

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/disable-automatic-driver-downloads-on-windows-10

Note, it will disable all driver updates for all hardware that windows 10 was automatically updating.... But if you're using a modded AW that's probably not much now anyhow. 

j95 is still doing them. Just posting them elsewhere (NBR)

On 8/6/2017 at 9:07 PM, TheTqM said:

@J95 Thank you for all the modded .inf.
You'be been pretty quiet lately, are you retiring from modding  .inf for the community or simply working on only major driver releases?

On 9/14/2017 at 10:34 AM, HaloTechnology said:

will that's a shame :( thanks anyway man what happened to @J95

On 05/10/2017 at 1:21 PM, TheTqM said:

Dunno, might as well do it manually. 

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/disable-automatic-driver-downloads-on-windows-10

Note, it will disable all driver updates for all hardware that windows 10 was automatically updating.... But if you're using a modded AW that's probably not much now anyhow. 

Thanks for the tip. Finally I followed another tutorial that works with Windows 10 Creators Update. There are four method to acheive this and only two of them work on Creators Update.

:ohmy:Unbelievable.... The new official hotfix Nvidia GPU 387.98 driver officially supports Alienware laptops with GM204 GPUs (965M, 970M, 980M), M18X-R2 included, just tested now and works right off the bat no modding needed in my old Alienware M18X-R2 :frantics:

See for yourselves guys...

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4563/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-version-387.98

Edited by Tulius
  • Thumbs Up 3

16 hours ago, Tulius said:

:ohmy:Unbelievable.... The new official hotfix Nvidia GPU 387.98 driver officially supports Alienware laptops with GM204 GPUs (965M, 970M, 980M), M18X-R2 included, just tested now and works right off the bat no modding needed in my old Alienware M18X-R2 :frantics:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4563/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-version-387.98

Yeap, installed with no modding or disabling dds. Just as on normal PC. Wow! Even thinking of trying Geforce experience (I need it for my Nvidia Shield tablet).

On 2017/10/13 at 10:16 AM, Tulius said:

Unbelievable!!

GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 387.98

Answer ID 4563

Updated 10/12/2017 11:39 AM

This is GeForce Hot Fix driver version 387.98 that addresses the following:

• Fixed stutter when gaming on an external G-SYNC monitor connected to Notebook.
  • Added support back for Alienware laptops with GM204 GPUs (965M, 970M, 980M).

Windows 10:

64-bit

32-bit

Windows 8.1/Windows 7:

64-bit

32-bit

• Thumbs Up 1

Confirmed. This official driver works with AW 17 (2013) + 980m 8GB (clevo) wtich Prema vbios. Even Optimus mode is working great. Can't believe it took so long. I have just downloaded and installed it- plug&play. No need to use DDU or modified .ini files.

On 10/14/2017 at 7:45 AM, Castiel said:

Confirmed. This official driver works with AW 17 (2013) + 980m 8GB (clevo) wtich Prema vbios. Even Optimus mode is working great. Can't believe it took so long. I have just downloaded and installed it- plug&play. No need to use DDU or modified .ini files.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME , I LOVE YOU MAN 

I LOVE YOU NVIDIA :D