[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

J95

13 minutes ago, stickman89 said:

It's really quite simple to modify the inf for any given hardware ID. I'm suprised more people aren't fleunt with doing it by now in order to keep up-to-date with driver versions themselves.

So can you explain to me because is not clear, how the various "SectionXX" call various modules of gpu like "optimus""Gsync compatibility" etc?

Because I've a  MSI 1060 mxm (id: 1C60) on my m18x-R2 and not really sure that all works as intended.

Thanks

On 14/06/2017 at 5:32 PM, stickman89 said:

It's really quite simple to modify the inf for any given hardware ID. I'm suprised more people aren't fleunt with doing it by now in order to keep up-to-date with driver versions themselves.

To be honest i'd do it myself but never seen a guide that isn't simple enough to learn from it :\

Saw one on NBR but its so confusing

EDIT:

http://null-bin.blogspot.pt/2015/08/how-to-modify-nvidia-notebook-driver.html

Found one but doesn't explain how to mod drivers to activate SLI on the fly

Edited by joluke@inphtech

@J95 I'm wondering what the benefit of the modded drivers are? I've read the first few pages and can't seem to get it in my head.

Also, I have an AORUS X5V6 with GTX 1070 - if I provided the files would you be able to mod the driver?

Thanks man.

Theese are just modded display drivers AFAIK. Like The detonators back in the days.

They wont do wonders like change the GPU but meybe add one frame here and there

and thats it, eventually lower input lag, but this is also dependant on the actual

driver settings you are using.

On 9/2/2016 at 2:54 PM, J95 said:

Driver Signature Enforcement.

Open command prompt in Administrator mode then type:  "bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy" (without quotes)  -> Hit enter -> reboot -> Keep holding "F8" key -> Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" -> finally Install drivers.

So, I'm having a hell of a time, getting my windows 10 (I just had an update for windows 10, that seemed to reset my video card driver settings and is now default, I'm trying to get it to recognize my Nvidia GTX 680m card, I've used your modded files in the past and it worked fine, tried the same procedure to them working again and I keep getting a failure at the install drivers completion, which didnt happen before, so I can only assume it has something with my having some issues, getting into safe mode and DSE, and the admin command line) to go into safe mode, pressing F8..... I saw an earlier post, about using the shift key and pressing start, then restart, which does seem to work in a round about way.  But after going into safe mode to type the admin command prompt line, which works fine, when I restart and try to get it to the DSE selection screen I don't seem to be able to get a restart.  Any ideas??

On 5/4/2017 at 3:09 PM, J95 said:

GeForce 382.05 WHQL

Game Ready
      •Provides the optimal gaming experience for Prey, Battlezone, and the Gears of War 4 Multi-GPU Update.

Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
      •Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3
      •Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III

Added or updated the following 3DV profiles:
      •Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III - Not recommended

Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 382.05
      •[SLI][No Man’s Sky - with The Foundation Update 1.10 patch]: With SLI enabled, there is texture corruption in the game. [200257478]
      •[SLI][GeForce GTX 670][World of Tanks]: In SLI mode, blue-screen crash occurs when pressing Alt+Tab during the game. [1895732]]
      •[GeForce GTX 1080 Ti][Gears of War]: After the bootup movies, blue-screen crash occurs pointing to nvlddmkm.sys. [1914184]
      •The NVIDIA Control Panel in the Windows desktop context menu, as well as the NVIDIA system tray icon, may be absent. [200298863/1906498]
      •System may hang at a black screen upon cold boot up. [1913854]
      •In a multi-display configuration, the extended displays are unable to enter sleep mode. [1902053]

*Install drivers at your own risk* Windows 10 + GeForce Drivers are Killing Samsung and LG Notebook LCD Display Panels
       Uninstall PrecisionX, including screen overclocking tools. Instead, keep MSI Afterburner's RTSS for monitoring purposes.

900M Requirements:

Flash latest @Prema's v2 980M & 970M (Please consider donating to Prema)

• Win10/8.1 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'
    cmd (Admin)

bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

-> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' -> Install drivers

• Run DDU "Clean & Shutdown (Safe Mode)
  • Extract driver using 7-Zip
  • Display.Driver folder,  copy/overwrite the proper .inf file(s).
  • Extracted driver package >> delete the folders as shown below (don't skip this step)  -> run setup.exe  

>>> Keep these folders only <<<

373.06.PNG

INF MOD v382.05

Alienware: nv_dispi.inf (including nvdmi.inf) PEG/Dedicated All Models: M15x, M17x, AW17 R1, M18x, AW18 R1 (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980 , 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX , 660M.

Clevo & MSI non-Optimus models: nv_dispi.inf (including nvcvi.inf & nvmii.inf )

nvcvi.inf: Optimus Alienware 17 / 05AA (only) GTX 980M - 970M - 965M

nvcvi.inf: Clevo P170EM Optimus 980M/970M

GeForce 382.05 Win7/8.1

GeForce 382.05 Win10

Alienware

nv_dispi.inf_v382.05_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v382.05_Win7_8.1_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v382.05_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v382.05_Win10_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

Clevo & MSI Laptops (non-Optimus)

nv_dispi.inf_v382.05_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO_MSI.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v382.05_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO_MSI.zip

AW 900M Throttling workarounds:

M18xR2

First, flash @Swick1981 [Bios Mod] M18xR2 - Legacy Support now Available 

M18xR2 980M workaround

Hibernation method HERE and HERE

Please use the SEARCH function to see if your question has been answered/posted already.

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

@jaug1337 for that model try out "PEG" Clevo/MSI nv_dispi.inf, just copy both nv_dispi.inf & nvmii.inf (MSI).

SO, I just noticed something in your instructions, about the nv_dispi.inf and "NVDMI.INF" files, are we supposed to be copying both files into the Driver.Display folder after extraction, before using setup?  In the past I thought it was only the one file "nv_dispi.inf" ................  thanks - Diffuse

10 hours ago, Diffuse said:

SO, I just noticed something in your instructions, about the nv_dispi.inf and "NVDMI.INF" files, are we supposed to be copying both files into the Driver.Display folder after extraction, before using setup?  In the past I thought it was only the one file "nv_dispi.inf" ................  thanks - Diffuse

Yes, both files should be copied before starting the installation.

I used the earlier 382.05 modified inf file on the newest drivers to come out an it installed without issue. Seems to run fine as well.

Just couldnt figure out what to edit exactly for my M18Xr2 so used the old one for the hell of it and it installed for me. Makes me wonder why we need a new version every time then if the old ones work....

Hello ppl! Need some help here....

Alienware 17 R5(BIOS 14) with Upgraded Video to GTX 980m 8GB(13D7 05AA1028)

Card gets detected and windows boots no problems. Intel card is there and drivers are installed.

Windows 7 or 10 after installing modded drivers i get bsod after reboot(Page Fault in Non Paged Area)

Please help :(

Any 980M owners have throttling tips for Windows 10?

My Firestrike score was great on Windows 8 but I'm stuck at 8600 on Windows 10.

I've tried the Hibernate trick and also Nvidia Inspector clocks.

I might try re-pasting this weekend.

Anyone have an issue with the NVIDIA Control Panel vanishing from the desktop context menu? Concurrent with this it will not launch from the control panel, it is there it just crashes on launch. It comes back if you reinstall the drivers, but it vanishes again. This happened for 382.05 and 384.76.

See logfile attached, you will need this to view: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645

It looks "normal" to me until you see the BUFFER OVERFLOW errors during font linking...

9:40:24.8186378 AM    nvcplui.exe    7128    RegEnumValue    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontLink\SystemLink    BUFFER OVERFLOW    Index: 0, Length: 220

I reinstalled and added a logfile where the control panel worked.

Homer

Logfile.zip

Logfile Working.zip

Edited by Homer_S
Add Logfile