[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

J95

4 hours ago, HANS VOLKBERG said:

Hey guys i have alienware m17r4 gtx 870m so can you tell me how could i run 375.76!When i try installing it doesnt recognise my gpu! I have disabled my DSE!I cant install any new drivers pls help!At the moment im with 344.75!

Hey there!

Check out my post from the 1st of December (page 62). I describe the way I managed to update my driver to the newest one. In the meantime I also updated the PhysX drivers too. I think it might work for you too, as I was rocking even older drivers then you are at the moment. You just do a clean install of your old driver and overvrite it with the new one. Try doing it with Optimus enabled as I did. If the drivers still fail to recognize your GPU you need to modify the INF files yourself. The guide is on the forums here, or here http://tinyurl.com/heuv8le.

Edited by Fetaznapleta

17 hours ago, HANS VOLKBERG said:

i have alienware m17r4 gtx 870m

Hello, with this combination you always need modded drivers. It's because Dell never sold this combi and so it's not listed in the Nvidia driver.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Zoldago said:

Hello, with this combination you always need modded drivers. It's because Dell never sold this combi and so it's not listed in the Nvidia driver.

Yeah, by new drivers we mean the modded drivers from this thread. No official NVIDIA drivers will work. T-thanx Dell...

8 hours ago, Fetaznapleta said:

Yeah, by new drivers we mean the modded drivers from this thread. No official NVIDIA drivers will work. T-thanx Dell...

9 hours ago, Zoldago said:

Thanks for the reply guys!!!Ill will try doing all the stuff when i get promoted because i still cant download anything from this thread!As soon as this happens i will try with the drivers here!Thanks again for helping!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, HANS VOLKBERG said:
Hey guys i have alienware m17r4 gtx 870m so can you tell me how could i run 375.76!When i try installing it doesnt recognise my gpu! I have disabled my DSE!I cant install any new drivers pls help!At the moment im with 344.75!

Have you checked to confirm that your hardware ID is in the INF file?

What OS version are you running?

By disabling DSE, are you doing that using F8 and choosing "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" or simply using the bcdedit from command prompt? (Using F8 will still be necessary unless you also use additional "bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks on" command to make it complete.)

Windows Boot Loader
-------------------
identifier              {current}
device                  partition=C:
path                    \Windows\system32\winload.efi
description             Windows 10
locale                  en-US 
loadoptions             DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
inherit                 {bootloadersettings}
recoverysequence        {b0e9c08e-b894-11e6-83ae-a975ab43e2a0}
recoveryenabled         Yes 
nointegritychecks       Yes
testsigning             Yes 
isolatedcontext         Yes
allowedinmemorysettings 0x15000075
osdevice                partition=C:
systemroot              \Windows
resumeobject            {b0e9c08c-b894-11e6-83ae-a975ab43e2a0}
nx                      OptIn 
bootmenupolicy          Legacy

• J95 pinned this topic

GeForce 376.19 & 376.33

*Install drivers at your own risk* Windows 10 + GeForce Drivers are Killing Samsung and LG Notebook LCD Display Panels
      Uninstall PrecisionX, including screen overclocking tools. Instead, keep MSI Afterburner's RTSS for monitoring purposes.

Requirements:

Flash latest @Prema's v2 980M & 970M (Please consider donating to Prema)

• Win10/8.1 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'
    cmd (Admin)
bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

-> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' -> Install drivers

• Run DDU "Clean & Shutdown (Safe Mode)
  • Extract driver using 7-Zip
  • Display.Driver folder,  copy/overwrite the proper .inf file(s).
  • Extracted driver package >> delete the folders as shown below (don't skip this step)  -> run setup.exe  

>>> Keep these folders only <<<

373.06.PNG

INF MOD v376.19 & v376.33

nv_dispi.inf (including nvdmi.inf) PEG/Dedicated All Models: M15x, M17x, AW17 R1, M18x, AW18 R1 (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980 , 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX , 660M

nvcvi.inf: Optimus Alienware 17 / 05AA (only) GTX 980M - 970M - 965M

GeForce 376.19 Win 7/8.1

GeForce 376.19 Win10

GeForce 376.33 Win 7/8.1

GeForce 376.33 Win10

Alienware

v376.19

nv_dispi.inf_v376.19_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v376.19_Win7_8.1_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v376.19_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v376.19_Win10_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

v376.33

nv_dispi.inf_v376.33_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v376.33_Win7_8.1_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v376.33_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v376.33_Win10_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

Clevo Laptops (non-Optimus)

v376.19

nv_dispi.inf_v376.19_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v376.19_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO.zip

v376.33

nv_dispi.inf_v376.33_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v376.33_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO.zip

AW 900M Throttling workarounds:

M18xR2

First, flash @Swick1981 [Bios Mod] M18xR2 - Legacy Support now Available 

M18xR2 980M workaround

Hibernation method HERE and HERE

Please use the SEARCH function to see if your question has been answered/posted already.

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

• Thumbs Up 6

6 hours ago, thegh0sts said:

these modded INFs work great with the MSI 1070 Notebook GPU!

No problem. Now you need to dump that half-baked GPU and try out MSI 1080 (GT73), cable mod & heat sink mod, keeping the chassis intact....:rofl:

1080_XXX.PNG

• Thumbs Up 1

On 15.12.2016 г. at 0:01 AM, Mr. Fox said:

Have you checked to confirm that your hardware ID is in the INF file?

What OS version are you running?

By disabling DSE, are you doing that using F8 and choosing "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" or simply using the bcdedit from command prompt? (Using F8 will still be necessary unless you also use additional "bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks on" command to make it complete.)

Windows Boot Loader
-------------------
identifier              {current}
device                  partition=C:
path                    \Windows\system32\winload.efi
description             Windows 10
locale                  en-US 
loadoptions             DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
inherit                 {bootloadersettings}
recoverysequence        {b0e9c08e-b894-11e6-83ae-a975ab43e2a0}
recoveryenabled         Yes 
nointegritychecks       Yes
testsigning             Yes 
isolatedcontext         Yes
allowedinmemorysettings 0x15000075
osdevice                partition=C:
systemroot              \Windows
resumeobject            {b0e9c08c-b894-11e6-83ae-a975ab43e2a0}
nx                      OptIn 
bootmenupolicy          Legacy

My OS is windows 7 ultimate and yes im doing the f8 and then  "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" then i did it in command prompt too! Yes my hardware id is in the INF file!

Edited by HANS VOLKBERG

11 hours ago, HANS VOLKBERG said:

My OS is windows 7 ultimate and yes im doing the f8 and then  "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" then i did it in command prompt too! Yes my hardware id is in the INF file!

Hmm, that's odd. I don't know what the problem would be if all of those things are correct. Disabling DSE should not be required with W7. I don't have any suggestion at this point since your hardware ID is in the INF. The @J95 mod should work fine. Maybe there is something wrong with your GPU.

Wanted to move to a stable driver newer one, from 369.05 I moved to 373.06 and I get Black screen boot and then machine reboots all over and then it boots successfully says PC ran into a prob checking the dmp file shows the nvlddmkm.sys / ntsokrnl (wmiacpi - this one is new one i noticed after 4th time of failure never saw it again tho), which error happened . Anyone with AW17 R1 could replicate this ? Running SVL7 vBIOS.

Edit : Tried Prema v2 vBIOS, same issue, tried the driver 375.63 same issue with both vBIOSed. Tried disabling the Win8.1 fastboot no change, always happens when I shut the system down and start, with restart doesn't happen, A huge PITA T__T. Win8.1 something is happening with the new drivers...!!

error.PNG

Edit2 : Weirdly after disabling the hiberfile using powercfg.exe -h off it boots (the reboot causing the system to boot everytime after that shutdown is because of the messed up hiberfil, wow ngreedia & I disabled the fast boot in BIOS it doesnt but the admin cmd does disable the fast booting properly wtf ? ) Keeping that aside, So what's the issue with the Hiberfile.sys on these new drivers ? They don't allow what ? Dafuq Nvidia shenanigans did omg !! 

Trying the notebook drivers this time..

EDIT 3 - Posted at Nvidia forums.

Edited by Ashtrix
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Ashtrix said:

Wanted to move to a stable driver newer one, from 369.05 I moved to 373.06 and I get Black screen boot and then machine reboots all over and then it boots successfully says PC ran into a prob checking the dmp file shows the nvlddmkm.sys / ntsokrnl (wmiacpi - this one is new one i noticed after 4th time of failure never saw it again tho), which error happened . Anyone with AW17 R1 could replicate this ? Running SVL7 vBIOS.

Edit : Tried Prema v2 vBIOS, same issue, tried the driver 375.63 same issue with both vBIOSed. Tried disabling the Win8.1 fastboot no change, always happens when I shut the system down and start, with restart doesn't happen, A huge PITA T__T. Win8.1 something is happening with the new drivers...!!

error.PNG

Edit2 : Weirdly after disabling the hiberfile using powercfg.exe -h off it boots (the reboot causing the system to boot everytime after that shutdown is because of the messed up hiberfil, wow ngreedia & I disabled the fast boot in BIOS it doesnt but the admin cmd does disable the fast booting properly wtf ? ) Keeping that aside, So what's the issue with the Hiberfile.sys on these new drivers ? They don't allow what ? Dafuq Nvidia shenanigans did omg !! 

Trying the notebook drivers this time..

EDIT 3 - Posted at Nvidia forums.

That's really nuts. Now that 1080 is on the loose those dirty rats must be treating 980M owners like the wicked stepchildren now, just as they did all of us 780M owners when 980M was released.

5 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

That's really nuts. Now that 1080 is on the loose those dirty rats must be treating 980M owners like the wicked stepchildren now, just as they did all of us 780M owners when 980M was released.

Yeah very bad, But seems like the Quadro is also affected lel. Nvidia really worst at delivering the drivers nowadays it's more of a 99% miss.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Ashtrix said:

Yeah very bad, But seems like the Quadro is also affected lel. Nvidia really worst at delivering the drivers nowadays it's more of a 99% miss.

They're too busy working on insanely important junk like NVIDIA Drive, Shield and GeForce Experience to be bothered by something as trivial as device drivers or post-sale product support.

On 20/12/2016 at 6:20 AM, Ashtrix said:

I tested both GeForce 376.19 and 376.33 drivers in my M18X-R2 and I can say that  while 376.19 driver is working properly, the same not apply with the 376.33 driver because when you try to install it only updates the nvidia high def sound leaving the video driver untouched.  But at least the 376.19 is enough for now I guess.