[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

J95

GEFORCE HOTFIX DRIVER VERSION 375.95

This is GeForce Hot Fix driver version 375.95 that addresses the following:

• Low memory clocks on certain factory-overclocked Pascal cards.

Windows 10

64-bit version

Alienware:

nv_dispi.inf_v375.95_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v375.95_Win10_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

Clevo:

nv_dispi.inf_v375.95_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO.zip

NOTE: We have submitted this driver to Microsoft for WHQL-certification and intend to replace 375.86 with this version online and within GeForce Experience as soon as possible.   :rofl:...

Don't install GFE!

Hi folks of TechInferno, some of you users of a M18XR2, can you still can use the HDMI in function ? I cant get it to work not matter what I try... could it be a problem with new drivers or 980M itself ? If possible someone who still have this notebook could test it ? Thanks.

9 hours ago, thegh0sts said:

Will have to ask woodzstack about the 1080. If it doesn't happen then a 1070 will do then just get a new pc.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

IMO at anything over $800, the 1070 is also not worth it. The price is just too freaking insane. I mean the 980N was going for $1200. And i got a quote of $1250 for the 1080N from a certain place. 

4 hours ago, J95 said:

GEFORCE HOTFIX DRIVER VERSION 375.95

This is GeForce Hot Fix driver version 375.95 that addresses the following:

• Low memory clocks on certain factory-overclocked Pascal cards.

Windows 10

64-bit version

Alienware:

Clevo:

Don't install GFE!

Thank you good sir!!

7 hours ago, bloodhawk said:

IMO at anything over $800, the 1070 is also not worth it. The price is just too freaking insane. I mean the 980N was going for $1200. And i got a quote of $1250 for the 1080N from a certain place. 

Thank you good sir!!

If it's the smaller MSI 1080 you're talking about then it shouldn't cost more than 1k, like I said we need to cut out the middleman.

GeForce 375.95

*Install drivers at your own risk* Windows 10 + GeForce Drivers are Killing Samsung and LG Notebook LCD Display Panels
      Uninstall PrecisionX, including screen overclocking tools. Instead, keep MSI Afterburner's RTSS for monitoring purposes.

Requirements:

Flash latest @Prema's v2 980M & 970M (Please consider donating to Prema)

• Win10/8.1 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'
    cmd (Admin)
bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

-> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' -> Install drivers

• Run DDU "Clean & Shutdown (Safe Mode)
  • Extract driver using 7-Zip
  • Display.Driver folder,  copy/overwrite the proper .inf file(s).
  • Extracted driver package >> delete the folders as shown below (don't skip this step)  -> run setup.exe  

>>> Keep these folders only <<<

373.06.PNG

INF MOD v375.95

nv_dispi.inf (including nvdmi.inf) PEG/Dedicated All Models: M15x, M17x, AW17 R1, M18x, AW18 R1 (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980 , 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX , 660M

nvcvi.inf: Optimus Alienware 17 / 05AA (only) GTX 980M - 970M - 965M

GeForce 375.95 Win 7/8.1

GeForce 375.95 Win10

Alienware Laptops

nv_dispi.inf_v375.95_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v375.95_Win7_8.1_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

Clevo Laptops (non-Optimus)

nv_dispi.inf_v375.95_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO.zip

AW 900M Throttling workarounds:

M18xR2

Flash @Swick1981 [Bios Mod] M18xR2 - Legacy Support now Available 

M18xR2 980M workaround

Hibernation method HERE and HERE

Please use the SEARCH function to see if your question has been answered/posted already.

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

@Tulius run DDU "Clean and Shutdown", install drivers using only nvdmi.inf below (Win10) SLI fix incl.

nvdmi.inf_v375.95_Alienware_M18xR2_980M_Beast_Win10.zip

@johnriper install nv_dispi.inf (Win10) for Alienware above, please follow the instructions to the letter: disabling driver signing etc

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

• Thumbs Up 6

@J95, @Khenglish There's a new 1070N 3.0b that's better to go for rather than the MSI's 1060 MXM3.0b for the standard legacy machines. Apologies if It's posted already..

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/the-hopeful-of-keeping-mxm-3-0b-alive-thread.795048/page-40#post-10384104

But No idea on the availability at NBR or on market, Hope It makes it to us...

Edited by Ashtrix
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Ashtrix said:

@J95, @Khenglish There's a new 1070N 3.0b that's better to go for rather than the MSI's 1060 MXM3.0b for the standard legacy machines. Apologies if It's posted already..

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/the-hopeful-of-keeping-mxm-3-0b-alive-thread.795048/page-40#post-10384104

But No idea on the availability at NBR or on market, Hope It makes it to us...

Yeah. Hopefully, this will be the case MAGNUS EN1080 https://www.zotac.com/us/product/mini_pcs/magnus-en1080-10-year-anniversary-edition#overview

• Thumbs Up 1

thanks for the help but i cant download anything yet, when i ll be able to download i will inform you about the results....

i just bought a used alienware mx 17 r 4 with a gtx 675m gpu can you tell me which driver to use with win 10 aniversary?

thanks

for now i m using 353.30 driver with win 10 and i have blocked updates from group policy, is it safe ?

Hi @J95 and others,

First of all, thank you so much for modding!

So I tried all the steps you have mentioned but the driver is not installing. I'm getting a "failed" message.

failed.JPG

Before I proceed, let me tell you my system info. I have an Alienware m17xR4 and I have the latest Windows 10. I recently bought nVIDIA gtx 970m and the laptop is in switchable graphics mode (the graphic card won't work in dedicated graphics mode).

I will also mention everything I have done so far.

1. I flashed Prema's bios mod for 970m

2. I disabled driver signature enforcement using the menu in F8.

3. I ran DDU and used "clean and shutdown" option.

4. Then I downloaded nVIDIA 375.95 drivers using the link you mentioned in your post. I extracted them.

5. I went to the Display.Driver folder and overwrote the two files nv_dispi.inf (including nvdmi.inf) for Alienware windows 10.

6. I deleted the unnecessary folders. This was the list of files I had.

files.JPG

7. Then I ran setup.exe. I have tried both custom and express install but still I get the "failed" message.

Please help!!!

P.S: I previously used the drivers provided by Windows updates. The nVIDIA setup would not even recognize my GPU but now it does. But still the drivers won't install.

@joluke@inphtech YOU'RE RIGHT! The driver signature enforcement disabling is valid for only one boot!

Since I disabled driver signature enforcement first and then I ran DDU, I was no longer in the disable driver signature enforcement session.

I'm sorry for my noobiness! THANKS A LOT @joluke@inphtech

AND THANKS FOR THE MODS @J95!

• Thumbs Up 3

On 6/8/2016 at 0:23 AM, J95 said:

PEG MOD

Hello, 

I have a Clevo laptop with win 10 64-bit and a gtx 980M. My laptop has optimus, I had a driver 373.xx something that worked flawless, but now I had to reinstall the driver because optimus wouldn't work anymore. I forgot which inf files to change, nvcvi and there was another one, but I can't find which one, could you please tell me? Thank you!

Edited by Alibi

On 20/11/2016 at 8:28 AM, johnriper said:

thanks for the help but i cant download anything yet, when i ll be able to download i will inform you about the results....

i just bought a used alienware mx 17 r 4 with a gtx 675m gpu can you tell me which driver to use with win 10 aniversary?

thanks

for now i m using 353.30 driver with win 10 and i have blocked updates from group policy, is it safe ?

Do u need a number of posts to download?

I keep getting an error....

Hey guys!

I'm new to the forums but I'm fighting the lacking drivers problem for a while now. Till now I was running my x17R4 with a GTX880M in it with a super old pack of 344.11 drivers, all this in Optimus. FYI I could not get this drivers to install in the dedicated GPU mode (Fn+F7). I did all this on a A12 official BIOS provided by Dell.

Recently I decided to give it a go and do something about the missing drivers. After some googling I found this forum with some known users I noticed months ago while trying the same thing. So I joined up and did the donation thing to get the needed files and so on. So what I managed to do was painlessly downgrade to a unlocked A11 BIOS where I disabled the integrated video card and switched to PEG mode no problem. The laptop restarted and I had no problems at all. The thing is whichever drivers I install I get massive throttling in games, it seems like the moment the temperature hits 69 degrees Celsius the GPU drives down on the clock speed. This is a known problem and I thought this would be taken care of with the BIOS downgrade and switching the internal GPU off and going PEG display mode.

So what is the deal here? Are there any semi new drivers around that will handle my GPU? Do I need to do something more? Is the 880M so bad it can't be helped in any way with all this tinkering? As I mentioned before, I got the 880M to run just fine in Optimus, no throttling no nothing - good temps good all, but with an old ass driver. Now, with PEG I can't even rollback to the old driver, LOL. FYI - I am installing all drivers I try with the *.ini for the PEG mode drivers, they install no problem but all games are being throttled down hard.

Any tips?

GeForce 376.09

*Install drivers at your own risk* Windows 10 + GeForce Drivers are Killing Samsung and LG Notebook LCD Display Panels
      Uninstall PrecisionX, including screen overclocking tools. Instead, keep MSI Afterburner's RTSS for monitoring purposes.

Requirements:

Flash latest @Prema's v2 980M & 970M (Please consider donating to Prema)

• Win10/8.1 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'
    cmd (Admin)
bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

-> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' -> Install drivers

• Run DDU "Clean & Shutdown (Safe Mode)
  • Extract driver using 7-Zip
  • Display.Driver folder,  copy/overwrite the proper .inf file(s).
  • Extracted driver package >> delete the folders as shown below (don't skip this step)  -> run setup.exe  

>>> Keep these folders only <<<

373.06.PNG

INF MOD v376.09

nv_dispi.inf (including nvdmi.inf) PEG/Dedicated All Models: M15x, M17x, AW17 R1, M18x, AW18 R1 (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980 , 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX , 660M

nvcvi.inf: Optimus Alienware 17 / 05AA (only) GTX 980M - 970M - 965M

GeForce 376.09 Win 7/8.1

GeForce 376.09 Win10

Alienware Laptops

nv_dispi.inf_v376.09_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v376.09_Win7_8.1_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v376.09_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v376.09_Win10_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

Clevo Laptops (non-Optimus)

nv_dispi.inf_v376.09_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v376.09_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO.zip

AW 900M Throttling workarounds:

M18xR2

Flash @Swick1981 [Bios Mod] M18xR2 - Legacy Support now Available 

M18xR2 980M workaround

Hibernation method HERE and HERE

Please use the SEARCH function to see if your question has been answered/posted already.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just a quick update for all the people interested in new drivers for the xM17R4 with a GTX880M inside. I tried like 15 different drivers from this thread. They always installed no problem in BIOS Dedicated and PEG mode, only to run as long as the laptop got hard restarted (shutdown and restart, not just restart). And then I got the idea to install the super old 344.11 driver, that worked in Optimus mode with my 880M, and overwrite it with ONLY the new Graphics Driver from the 376.09 package. The HD Audio and PhysX has been left from the old 344.11 package. Worked like a charm. The GPU does not throttle and I have a 10% efficiency increase. Win - Win. Once again, this works with Optimus. The integrated GPU is Enabled and display mode is set to Auto. I used the two *.ini files in the "nv_dispi.inf_v376.09_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip" ZIP file.

Thanx a lot guys for providing me with the modified drivers packages. One of the better donations I did in a while. :joyous:

Edited by Fetaznapleta
  • Thumbs Up 1

• J95 pinned this topic