[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

J95

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/15859939?

Finally I installed this driver (375.70) and the fire strike even lower than before. 

Wanna know what I missed.

Gaming is Fine, and temperature has dropped down, the only problem is I don't see any performence improvement.

and I already flashed prema's v2.

Edited by Curtis_AW17R5

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/5b9hdo/nvidia_adds_telemetry_to_latest_drivers_heres_how/d9mw9f0/

http://www.ghacks.net/2016/11/07/nvidia-telemetry-tracking/

http://www.gamersnexus.net/industry/2672-geforce-experience-data-transfer-analysis

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/nvidia-telemetry-in-their-latest-drivers.797846/

In the case of Nvidia, Telemetry gets installed alongside the driver package. While you may -- and should -- customize the installation of the Nvidia driver so that only the bits that you require are installed, there is no option to disable the Telemetry components from being installed. These do get installed even if you only install the graphics driver itself in the custom installation dialog.

@J95

At first they got with GFE 3.x and now they are being packed with the sole driver package as well.

Sigh !! first Windows10 and now nGreedia as well...

Edited by Ashtrix
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hi have a alienware m17x r4 with a 970m in it brought it through hidevolution and the driver I have at the minute is 372.20 but need later the 372.90 to play battlefield how do I go about

getting the latest modded driver and keep them up to date as I noticed you cant do it through NVidia as the driver has no signature, am a bit of a noob so any help would be much

appreciated

thanks

tom

On 28.10.2016 at 10:32 PM, J95 said:

GeForce 375.70

*Install drivers at your own risk* Windows 10 + GeForce Drivers are Killing Samsung and LG Notebook LCD Display Panels
      Uninstall PrecisionX, including screen overclocking tools. Instead, keep MSI Afterburner's RTSS for monitoring purposes.

Requirements:

Flash latest @Prema's v2 980M & 970M (Please consider donating to Prema)

•  
  • Win10/8.1 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'
    cmd (Admin)

bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

-> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' -> Install drivers

• Run DDU "Clean & Shutdown (Safe Mode)
  • Extract driver using 7-Zip
  • Display.Driver folder,  copy/overwrite the proper .inf file(s).
  • Extracted driver package >> delete the following folders as shown below (don't skip this step)  -> run setup.exe  

>>> Keep these folders only <<<

373.06.PNG

INF MOD v375.70

nv_dispi.inf (including nvdmi.inf) PEG/Dedicated All Models: M15x, M17x, AW17 R1, M18x, AW18 R1 (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980 , 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX , 660M

nvcvi.inf: Optimus Alienware 17 / 05AA (only) GTX 980M - 970M - 965M

GeForce 375.70 Win 7/8.1

GeForce 375.70 Win10

Alienware Laptops

nv_dispi.inf_v375.70_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v375.70_Win7_8.1_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v375.70_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v375.70_Win10_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

Clevo Laptops (non-Optimus)

nv_dispi.inf_v375.70_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v375.70_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO.zip

AW 900M Throttling workarounds:

M18xR2

Flash @Swick1981 [Bios Mod] M18xR2 - Legacy Support now Available 

M18xR2 980M workaround

Hibernation method HERE and HERE

@ All please use the SEARCH function to see if your question has been answered/posted already.

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

Can you help me with MSI gs30 Notebook mod Inf.? Same problem  with MSI 1070 GTX  code 43 for new nvidia driver.

Edited by bbx

On 10/11/2016 at 9:59 AM, thegh0sts said:

@Prema clevo 980M v2 vbios.

Thanks, i just didnt want to install before being sure since it says Clevo and not Alienware. :)

FYI: I have problems with black screen and Audio/game continue in background, but i have to make a hard reset to get the screen to turn on again, what can be causing this?

14 hours ago, Sebastian Rosenberg Lenda said:

Thanks, i just didnt want to install before being sure since it says Clevo and not Alienware. :)

FYI: I have problems with black screen and Audio/game continue in background, but i have to make a hard reset to get the screen to turn on again, what can be causing this?

Check your temps & check this thread at NBR too.

12 hours ago, tomhalls2rallye said:

would your recommend the same bios for the 970m, have same laptop alienware 17x r4 running 3842qm processor

https://biosmods.wordpress.com/gtx9/ 

Use Either of them and to Flash use the Premamod zip and copypasta or have a look at those commands from the batch files and flash them by going to Devicemngr and disabling them and after flash enable them, No need for the BIOS Legacy Flashing, Maxwell can be flashed from the Windows.

Edited by Ashtrix
  • Thumbs Up 1

could you write a quick step by step sorry to be a pain am a bit new to when it comes to this, do I just download the file from prema for 970m and open it up and click the nvflash application

thanks

tom

7 hours ago, Ashtrix said:

Edited by tomhalls2rallye

I think my temps are fine, never goes beyond 82 degrees under heavy load, and last time i blackscreened HWinfo log said 77c but why does the Prema Vbios updater sat GPU mismatch? 

edit: ran a Unigine Heaven Benchmark and reached max temp of 69c

2016-11-14 (1).png

Edited by Sebastian Rosenberg Lenda
More info

On 11/11/2016 at 11:38 AM, Sebastian Rosenberg Lenda said:

When i try to install the VBios it says GPU Mismatch and clicks twice??

qxf.png

Are you sure you are getting the correct version of vbios:

(They are NOT compatible with models with soldered GPUs)

8GB MXM GTX980M:

GTX980M_8GB_MXM_OC_PM_v2

MD5: 3ba3bcb8f35362ce3f9a8cd32b6c1d01

Edited by mariussx
  • Thumbs Up 1

GeForce 375.86

*Install drivers at your own risk* Windows 10 + GeForce Drivers are Killing Samsung and LG Notebook LCD Display Panels
      Uninstall PrecisionX, including screen overclocking tools. Instead, keep MSI Afterburner's RTSS for monitoring purposes.

Requirements:

Flash latest @Prema's v2 980M & 970M (Please consider donating to Prema)

• Win10/8.1 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'
    cmd (Admin)
bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

-> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' -> Install drivers

• Run DDU "Clean & Shutdown (Safe Mode)
  • Extract driver using 7-Zip
  • Display.Driver folder,  copy/overwrite the proper .inf file(s).
  • Extracted driver package >> delete the folders as shown below (don't skip this step)  -> run setup.exe  

>>> Keep these folders only <<<

373.06.PNG

INF MOD v375.86

nv_dispi.inf (including nvdmi.inf) PEG/Dedicated All Models: M15x, M17x, AW17 R1, M18x, AW18 R1 (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980 , 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX , 660M

nvcvi.inf: Optimus Alienware 17 / 05AA (only) GTX 980M - 970M - 965M

GeForce 375.86 Win 7/8.1

GeForce 375.86 Win10

Alienware Laptops

nv_dispi.inf_v375.86_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v375.86_Win7_8.1_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v375.86_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v375.86_Win10_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

Clevo Laptops (non-Optimus)

nv_dispi.inf_v375.86_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v375.86_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO.zip

AW 900M Throttling workarounds:

M18xR2

Flash @Swick1981 [Bios Mod] M18xR2 - Legacy Support now Available 

M18xR2 980M workaround

Hibernation method HERE and HERE

Please use the SEARCH function to see if your question has been answered/posted already.

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

• Thumbs Up 2

On 15/11/2016 at 8:32 PM, mariussx said:

Are you sure you are getting the correct version of vbios:

(They are NOT compatible with models with soldered GPUs)

8GB MXM GTX980M:

GTX980M_8GB_MXM_OC_PM_v2

MD5: 3ba3bcb8f35362ce3f9a8cd32b6c1d01

Its the one you have linked to i have downloaded, and when i try to use the ModMe batchfile it says GPU mismatch....... Is there some procedure i have forgot, like when you have to disable driver signing to run modded Nvidia installer?

9 hours ago, Sebastian Rosenberg Lenda said:

Its the one you have linked to i have downloaded, and when i try to use the ModMe batchfile it says GPU mismatch....... Is there some procedure i have forgot, like when you have to disable driver signing to run modded Nvidia installer?

Wrong file, G-SYNC GPU ID 1617 GPU-Z screenshot above (980M-G)  https://biosmods.wordpress.com/gtx9-g/

It shouldn't matter DM or ZM for AW, but better ask @Prema anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/11/2016 at 11:58 PM, tomhalls2rallye said:

could you write a quick step by step sorry to be a pain am a bit new to when it comes to this, do I just download the file from prema for 970m and open it up and click the nvflash application

thanks

tom

For 60Hz

First get Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 installed under full UEFI, make sure you have AW OSD to switch Optimus / PEG modes.
Second flash a vBIOS from Device mngr in optimus mode, Prema mod v2.0 / svl7

How to flash ? -

Disable the GPU from Devicemngr after booting to the Optimus mode & follow these steps below...

1 - As I've said, see the zip and go through readme, there should be a bat file called modme.bat copy the commands from it, and rename the vBIOS to the same one in the cmd or issue the command wr.to the name of the vBIOS you set this depends on you, Run the command from Admin privileges cmd  (Modme.bat, wont execute depending on your OS and file permissions so best way is to run it manually)

Third switch to PEG mode, get an INF mod (PEG INF only), preferably from this thread (Need to disable driver sign verification. Install this driver in PEG mode)

For 120Hz

I presume, No need to use the IGFX switch, Just go to the Devicemngr and disable the card, then flash and reboot and then Install the INF modded driver from this thread, J95 always !

Also make sure to use DDU to uninstall properly, I use this everytime when I need to update or rollback or clean OS installations.

I'll also leave this here for all the Alienware 17 Owners who want to upgrade to a Maxwell GPU, Also this post too as a safety precaution for the MSI-AB and EVGA PX for all LVDS machines (60Hz)

Also check NBR for these similar threads (375.86 & 375.76 ) to get most out of your GPU without any perf loss.

For now stable one seems to be 373.06,  I personally use 369.05 for now since I don't have newer games than DOOM but the BF1, Mirrors Edge Catalyst might need new Drivers like the 375.76..\

Hope this clears out, Best of Luck.

Edited by Ashtrix
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Khenglish said:

@J95 What system uses that small MSI 1080? With heatsink mods that'd fit in standard MXM systems.

Yeah I know. MSI GT83VR SLI GTX 1080. Although I still hope we could mod the beefier version 6+1 MSI GT73VR NVIDIA GTX 1080

MSI GT83VR SLI GTX 1080

MSI GT73VR NVIDIA GTX 1080

Already included...anyway, you should wait.

MSI 1080 without power connector. 

MSI__.PNG

or maybe this https://www.zotac.com/us/product/mini_pcs/magnus-en1080-10-year-anniversary-edition#overview

I meant add it to the driver inf.

I have the feeling an MSI 1080 is gone cost more than I would like to pay. The 1070 is pushing it.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, thegh0sts said:

I meant add it to the driver inf.

I have the feeling an MSI 1080 is gone cost more than I would like to pay. The 1070 is pushing it.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Yep, added two months ago.

I won't pay 1.2K that's for sure, cutting out the middleman.

• J95 pinned this topic