[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

J95

@J95 Thanks for your efforts... This time, after DDU and DSE disabled. The install detects my 970M, starts the installation, slightly flash the screen to black for 1/2 seconds and fails.

Looking at the device managers shows no more 970M device. Looking for hidden devices reveal the device shown as "removed" (code 45). Rebooting leads to the same result.

DDU again and the device shows again.

Just noticed something now:geek:.... a very old feature on M18x-r2m, the hdmi in is not working anymore. Just tried to connect a ps3 on hdmi in but nothing happens. Could be the 980M card fault? Can someone test the hdmi in feature on  a M18x to see if its working?

Hi again!

With your help I managed to get a Dell M6700 going along with Nvidia GTX880m. I generally feel great about that laptop, except there are problems with gaming. Every single game crashes after 5-10 minutes with either a PC freeze or a BSOD saying something about GPU driver error. Is that the fault of 370.90 drivers? I should also mention I have a 210W PSU, so I thought this might be a problem for i7 3940XM and GTX880m. What do you guys suggest?

It seems a driver/hardware problem. But check these two options first:

- Card temperature.

- If you can, grab a monitoring socket tool to check if the power supply is sufficient. From what I could check, most laptops with the 880M came with a 180w power adaptor, so a 210w should be sufficient.

On 10.10.2016 at 3:26 PM, skandal said:

It seems a driver/hardware problem. But check these two options first:

- Card temperature.

- If you can, grab a monitoring socket tool to check if the power supply is sufficient. From what I could check, most laptops with the 880M came with a 180w power adaptor, so a 210w should be sufficient.

Hi there!

I did a benchmark of the temperature and it reaches 73 Celsius degrees maximum. Right now I am running the PC with a 240 Watt PSU so that shouldn't be a problem. Is it possible there is something wrong with the driver?

So i just bought an alienware m15x off ebay that came with a gtx260m. Its not good enough to play some of the games I own. Looked around for a bit and found that this laptop can have a Clevo Nvidia GTX 970m installed. So I went onto ebay and bought this GTX970m (EBAY listing). I Put the card into the laptop and gave it new paste and then put a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro X64 on it. The only issue is I cannot have access to the drivers listed on this site. I keep getting linked here and its frustrating me. I want to be able to download the custom drivers to make sure that my card works If I hold onto it to long and find that Its broken, I wont be able to get a refund. How van I go about getting access to the files without having this limit on this account. Im short on time and wont be able to do much after tomorrow. I have work!  Please help me out. I really want to get this beautiful laptop up and running.

Specs:
Model: Alienware M15x
CPU: i7 740QM
RAM: 6GB DDR3-1333 Hynix
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 260m
Storage: 1TB Sandisk ssd
Battery: Original 9 Cell (35% wear) Holds charge around 1 1/2 hrs

I have tried ones found off a video on youtube (HERE) but it does not work, says it cannot find any compatible hardware. And when I tried to make my own custom files, it gets past the first part but fails to install driver part.

zHJthUK.png

@SimplexDesigns, I had the same problems with M6700 and a GTX880m - what helped me was modding the INF files from this thread by myself. Basically I had to make the OS and driver think the GTX880m was designed to run in Dell M6700. Adding just one single line didn't give proper results so I decided to find the HWID of my GPU and changed an Alienware HWID part for my M6700 four signs code. However, in order for the driver to work properly I had to change every single chosen Alienware signs for my M6700. It's a bit hard for me to explain typing, so if you need I can mod the INF for you - just write a PM.

The drivers work, yet games freeze and sometimes the system crashes. Can anyone relate to that?

edit

3DMark 11 Basic gave me this a moment ago:

Workload work failed with error message: eva::d3d11::rendering::scene_renderer::render(): draw_unshadowed_illumination_task for thread 0: File: device_context.cpp
Line: 515
Function: struct ID3D11CommandList *__cdecl eva::d3d11::deferred_device_context::do_finish_command_list(bool)

Expression: native()->FinishCommandList( restore_deferred_context_state, &result): DX11 call failed.

Device hung due to badly formed commands.
DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: ID3D11DeviceContext::FinishCommandList: 

What is going on?

Edited by szumial

On 10/18/2016 at 10:59 PM, szumial said:

Is it possible there is something wrong with the driver?

Yep. But I can't help you there :( I have no idea how to mod driver inf. But I think some people here might help :D 

I installed the drivers just as it is described here, but what happens is the gpu is not working when I launch any specific application. I believe there is something wrong with optimus here.

edit

I had some time to check it out and the dedicated GPU only works on external screen, such as my HDMI monitor. Despite that, it still freezes games :(

Edited by szumial

GeForce 375.57

*Install drivers at your own risk* Windows 10 + GeForce Drivers are Killing Samsung and LG Notebook LCD Display Panels
      Uninstall both PrecisionX & MSI Afterburner (Keep RTSS) including screen overclocking tools *Still at risk*

Requirements:

Flash latest @Prema's v2 980M & 970M (Please consider donating to Prema)

• Win10/8.1 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'
    cmd (Admin)
bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

-> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' -> Install drivers

• Run DDU "Clean & Shutdown (Safe Mode)
  • Extract driver using 7-Zip
  • Display.Driver folder,  copy/overwrite the proper .inf file(s).
  • Extracted driver package >> delete the following folders as shown below (don't skip this step)  -> run setup.exe  

>>> Keep these folders only <<<

373.06.PNG

INF MOD v375.57

nv_dispi.inf (including nvdmi.inf) PEG/Dedicated All Models: M15x, M17x, AW17 R1, M18x, AW18 R1 (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980 , 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX , 660M

nvcvi.inf: Optimus Alienware 17 / 05AA (only) GTX 980M - 970M - 965M

GeForce 375.57 Win 7/8.1

GeForce 375.57 Win10

Alienware Laptops

nv_dispi.inf_v375.57_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v375.57_Win7_8.1_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v375.57_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v375.57_Win10_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

Clevo Laptops (non-Optimus)

nv_dispi.inf_v375.57_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v375.57_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO.zip

AW 900M Throttling workarounds:

M18xR2

Flash @Swick1981 [Bios Mod] M18xR2 - Legacy Support now Available 

M18xR2 980M workaround

Hibernation method HERE and HERE

@ All please use the SEARCH function to see if your question has been answered/posted already.

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

On 7/9/2016 at 3:03 AM, J95 said:

@_ALL if you are enjoying @Prema's  work, please consider making a contribution HERE.

Much appreciated!

23 minutes ago, Shamil said:

why I cant download files from here?

Read SECTION 4 - ACCOUNT PROMOTIONS

https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/ti-tos/tos/

8 minutes ago, Shamil said:

Thanks:) May be you can help me? I really need nv_dispi.inf_v375.57_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip  right now. Could you please download it for me?

This does not start very well. That's not how we do it on the web. You ask me to share other people's hard work. This is wrong!!

Mod can you chime in@J95 @Mr.

Edited by Papusan
  • Thumbs Up 1

• J95 pinned this topic