[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

J95

i dont know if anyone else touched on this but DDU does not work on windows 10 anymore... i tried this on both of my r2's i tries deleting it and reinstalling it, runing as administrator, running in compat mode for winows 7 & 8 and still nothing. i double click it but it never opens... anyone else notice this?

4 hours ago, djcgeez2189 said:

i dont know if anyone else touched on this but DDU does not work on windows 10 anymore... i tried this on both of my r2's i tries deleting it and reinstalling it, runing as administrator, running in compat mode for winows 7 & 8 and still nothing. i double click it but it never opens... anyone else notice this?

Make sure you are in safe mode... But it worked fine for me in 10.  A month or so ago

15 hours ago, djcgeez2189 said:

Running normally here!

View attachment :)

Untitled.png

GeForce 369.09 Win10 RS1 WDDM 2.1

*Install drivers at your own risk* Windows 10 + GeForce Drivers are Killing Samsung and LG Notebook LCD Display Panels
      Uninstall both PrecisionX & MSI Afterburner (Keep RTSS) including screen overclocking tools *Still at risk*

Requirements:

Flash latest @Prema's v2 980M & 970M (Please consider donating to Prema)

• Win10 Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'
    cmd (Admin)
bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

-> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' -> Install drivers -> reboot -> F8 disable DSE once again

• Run DDU "Clean & Shutdown (Safe Mode)
  • Extract driver using 7-Zip
  • Extracted driver package > copy/overwrite nv_dispiwu.inf.
  • Run setup.exe

369.09.PNG

PEG MOD v369.09 Win10 RS1

nv_dispiwu.inf PEG/Dedicated All Models: M15x, M17x, AW17 R1, M18x, AW18 R1 (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980 , 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX , 660M

PEG MODs Win10 RS1 WDDM 2.1

GeForce_369.09_win10_RS1_64-bit_PEG_MOD

Alienware Laptops

nv_dispiwu.inf_Win10_RS1_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nv_dispiwu.inf_Win10_RS1_Optimus_Alienware_17_.zip

Clevo Laptops (non-Optimus)

nv_dispiwu.inf_Win10_RS1_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO.zip

AW 900M Throttling workarounds:

M18xR2

Flash @Swick1981 [Bios Mod] M18xR2 - Legacy Support now Available 

M18xR2 980M workaround

Hibernation method HERE and HERE

369.09_1.PNGDX.PNG

On 7/9/2016 at 3:03 AM, J95 said:

@_ALL if you are enjoying @Prema's  work, please consider making a contribution HERE.

Thank you!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/9/2016 at 9:21 PM, J95 said:

GeForce 369.09 Win10 RS1 WDDM 2.1

*Install drivers at your own risk* Windows 10 + GeForce Drivers are Killing Samsung and LG Notebook LCD Display Panels
      Uninstall both PrecisionX & MSI Afterburner (Keep RTSS) including screen overclocking tools *Still at risk*

Requirements:

• Win10 Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'
    cmd (Admin)

-> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' -> Install drivers -> reboot -> F8 disable DSE once again

• Extracted driver package > copy/overwrite nv_dispiwu.inf.
  • Run setup.exe

369.09.PNG

PEG MOD v369.09 Win10 RS1

nv_dispiwu.inf PEG/Dedicated All Models: M15x, M17x, AW17 R1, M18x, AW18 R1 (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980 , 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX , 660M

PEG MODs Win10 RS1 WDDM 2.1

GeForce_369.09_win10_RS1_64-bit_PEG_MOD

Alienware Laptops

nv_dispiwu.inf_Win10_RS1_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nv_dispiwu.inf_Win10_RS1_Optimus_Alienware_17_.zip

nv_dispiwu.inf_Win10_RS1_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO.zip

M18xR2 Click to choose file

M18xR2 980M workaround

369.09_1.PNGDX.PNG

whats does it mean RS1?

sorry guys i am a bit confused as i am not that good in keeping up with the news
i have AW 17 2013 on Windows 8.1, i installed 980m and used j95 moded drivers 358.91 ( i didnt use prema bios yet ).. and now i want to upgrade to windows 10 
i tried but i got black screen and cursor and then i knew it was a driver problem so i got back to 8.1 and i saw all these new drivers 

how can i upgrade to windows 10 ? whats is the proper way ?  should i flash premas bios then use the latest moded driver for 8.1 and then upgrade to 10 ?
what about the the stock bios ? can i back it up or restore just in case ? ( i dont have enough knowledge about them XD )

6 hours ago, xxax said:

sorry guys i am a bit confused as i am not that good in keeping up with the news
i have AW 17 2013 on Windows 8.1, i installed 980m and used j95 moded drivers 358.91 ( i didnt use prema bios yet ).. and now i want to upgrade to windows 10 
i tried but i got black screen and cursor and then i knew it was a driver problem so i got back to 8.1 and i saw all these new drivers 

how can i upgrade to windows 10 ? whats is the proper way ?  should i flash premas bios then use the latest moded driver for 8.1 and then upgrade to 10 ?
what about the the stock bios ? can i back it up or restore just in case ? ( i dont have enough knowledge about them XD )

Backup your vBIOS with GPUz there is a little save button to the right of the BIOS Version box. Yes Flash Premas v2 vBIOS... use the generic version (it's under Clevo <- this one works for all systems. Do NOT use the AW18 vbios).. There is a readme in the download. the password is the website name (minus www.) -not the wordpress name) there are 2 ways to flash (both are through windows). either disable the drivers in device manager and run the included bat files, there is one file for the primary card and one file for the slave card. Or what works for me is just run GPUz in the background to keep the cards active and then run the bat files. You will more then likely get a message saying that the ID's of the cards don't match the vBIOS. This happens a majority of the time...(IF you are sure you downloaded the correct one for your cards, ignore the warning and flash.) the vBios is backward compatible all the way down to windows 7 and up to windows 10, so you can flash it anytime.

the older drivers don't work with the new vBIOS you will want to use 368.25 and up to avoid any issues (I'm sure the compatible driver list goes back further then 386.25 but this happens to get great benchmark scores. I am using 369.05 and am getting the highest scores on 3dmark11 yet.)

as far as windows 10 goes, make sure you are in UEFI mode and NOT legacy mode **unless Swick has came out with a BIOS that allows Legacy mode for your specific laptop**. I would advice a clean install, you can use google to find out the best way for you to make a usb drive bootable for windows 10, if you are using a microsoft ISO you can use their tool to make the usb drive bootable and it will also dump all the files you need on the drive. if you are using a non standard MS ISO. you will have to google to find the other way to do this. Hope this helps

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, kkthebeast said:

Backup your vBIOS with GPUz there is a little save button to the right of the BIOS Version box. Yes Flash Premas v2 vBIOS... use the generic version (it's under Clevo <- this one works for all systems. Do NOT use the AW18 vbios).. There is a readme in the download. the password is the website name (minus www.) -not the wordpress name) there are 2 ways to flash (both are through windows). either disable the drivers in device manager and run the included bat files, there is one file for the primary card and one file for the slave card. Or what works for me is just run GPUz in the background to keep the cards active and then run the bat files. You will more then likely get a message saying that the ID's of the cards don't match the vBIOS. This happens a majority of the time...(IF you are sure you downloaded the correct one for your cards, ignore the warning and flash.) the vBios is backward compatible all the way down to windows 7 and up to windows 10, so you can flash it anytime.

the older drivers don't work with the new vBIOS you will want to use 368.25 and up to avoid any issues (I'm sure the compatible driver list goes back further then 386.25 but this happens to get great benchmark scores. I am using 369.05 and am getting the highest scores on 3dmark11 yet.)

as far as windows 10 goes, make sure you are in UEFI mode and NOT legacy mode **unless Swick has came out with a BIOS that allows Legacy mode for your specific laptop**. I would advice a clean install, you can use google to find out the best way for you to make a usb drive bootable for windows 10, if you are using a microsoft ISO you can use their tool to make the usb drive bootable and it will also dump all the files you need on the drive. if you are using a non standard MS ISO. you will have to google to find the other way to do this. Hope this helps

thank you so much for your reply .. definitely will do that .. but i was searching for some answers and i found that there is an LCD brick issues with windows 10 and upgrading 
is it a risk right now to upgrade to windows 10 ? 

On 27.07.2016 at 1:12 PM, J95 said:

• Display.Driver folder,  copy/overwrite the proper .inf file(s).
  • Extracted driver package >> delete the following folders as shown below (don't skip this step)  -> run setup.exe  

>>> Keep these folders only <<<

369.00.PNG

Hi all

I am little green in that instalation of card (it will be ma first time) and am week in English

What will happen if i will not dalate folders and files ??

And only need be that folders and files what are in that photo ??

Thx for answer and help

10 hours ago, Shiroe said:

Hi all

I am little green in that instalation of card (it will be ma first time) and am week in English

What will happen if i will not dalate folders and files ??

And only need be that folders and files what are in that photo ??

Thx for answer and help

Yeah...,  Only those folders and files in that photo. Aka No Bloatware!!

Hey guys I know Sound Blaster issues were discussed on this thread a long while ago. I have had my first encounter with it today. Windows 10 updated and now my audio jacks don't work still have sound through laptop speakers. Any help would be great! Been scratching my head trying to figure this out 

1 hour ago, haXBOXpro said:

Hey guys I know Sound Blaster issues were discussed on this thread a long while ago. I have had my first encounter with it today. Windows 10 updated and now my audio jacks don't work still have sound through laptop speakers. Any help would be great! Been scratching my head trying to figure this out 

That way i dont install Win 10 becouse there is lots of software problem. But if same1 will tell how can that it work I will be too very grateful.  Maybe one day I change to Win 10

PS. I read that problem is on first run on Win 10. If you have jack in then all time will be music on headphones not on speakers

21 hours ago, haXBOXpro said:

Windows 10 updated and now my audio jacks don't work

What laptop do you have?

On my M17x R4 i used 2 versions of Driver packages. From 1 Version i took the Driver only (Software didnt recognize an Audio device) and from the other Version i took the Software only (Audio Jacks wont work) and everything works fine.

Edit: I think i used Driver from this Version and Software from this.

Edited by Zoldago

On 8/3/2016 at 0:34 PM, Ashtrix said:

@J95 Can I know what happened to your M17x R4 is it sold ? , I see the 980 in those screenshots, is that an 870DM  ?
So the crew is almost zero now for the Alienware mothership...

Cool tho that you got a new beast  !!

Yep, already obsolete P870DM-G flagship, hopefully MSI's 1080 will work fine, even if I need to hard mod it...just not to spend a single dime on Clevo anymore...

GeForce 372.54

Requirements:

• Win10/8.1 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'
    cmd (Admin)

-> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' -> Install drivers

• Extracted driver package >> delete the following folders as shown below (don't skip this step)  -> run setup.exe  

>>> Keep these folders only <<<

372.54.PNG

INF MOD v372.54

nv_dispi.inf (including nvdmi.inf) PEG/Dedicated All Models: M15x, M17x, AW17 R1, M18x, AW18 R1 (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980 , 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX , 660M

nvcvi.inf: Optimus Alienware 17 / 05AA (only) GTX 980M - 970M - 965M

GeForce 372.54 Win 7/8.1

GeForce 372.54 Win10 RS1

Alienware Laptops

nv_dispi.inf_v372.54_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v372.54_Win7_8.1_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v372.54_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v372.54_Win10_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v372.54_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v372.54_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO.zip

M18xR2

M18xR2 980M workaround

@haXBOXpro try a clean install HERE, also disable DSE before and after installing Creative drivers.

@ All please use the SEARCH function to see if your question has been answered/posted already.

On 7/9/2016 at 3:03 AM, J95 said:

@_ALL if you are enjoying @Prema's  work, please consider making a contribution HERE.

Much appreciated!

• Thumbs Up 7

@J95

True, we P870DM-G owners have been burned, but from the new Clevo GPU boards, seems clevo is going to maintain that for the future releases. But only time will tell, who knows the new owners will get burned next year as well. 

@J95 Can I know what happened to your M17x R4 is it sold ? , I see the 980 in those screenshots, is that an 870DM  ?

So the crew is almost zero now for the Alienware mothership...

Cool tho that you got a new beast  !!

Yep, already obsolete P870DM-G flagship, hopefully MSI's 1080 will work fine, even if I need to hard mod it...just not to spend a single dime on Clevo anymore...

GeForce 372.54

Requirements:

• Win10/8.1 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'

cmd (Admin)

-> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' -> Install drivers

>>> Keep these folders only

372.54.PNG

INF MOD v372.54

nv_dispi.inf (including nvdmi.inf) PEG/Dedicated All Models: M15x, M17x, AW17 R1, M18x, AW18 R1 (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980 , 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX , 660M

nvcvi.inf: Optimus Alienware 17 / 05AA (only) GTX 980M - 970M - 965M

GeForce 372.54 Win 7/8.1

GeForce 372.54 Win10 RS1

Alienware Laptops

nv_dispi.inf_v372.54_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v372.54_Win7_8.1_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v372.54_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_Alienware.zip

nvcvi.inf_v372.54_Win10_Optimus_Alienware_17.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v372.54_Win7_8.1_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO.zip

nv_dispi.inf_v372.54_Win10_PEG_Dedicated_CLEVO.zip

M18xR2

Flash@Swick1981 [bios Mod] M18xR2 - Legacy Support now Available 

M18xR2 980M workaround

@haXBOXpro try a clean install HERE, also disable DSE before and after installing Creative drivers.

@ All please use the SEARCH function to see if your question has been answered/posted already.

Much appreciated!

Thanks J95!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Hi. My AMD HD7970 GPU is dead, remained build-in graphics card Intel HD4000. I plugged discrete GTX 260M to Alienware M17x R4. Drivers from Dell site and from Nvidia site not work. I modified drivers from laptop2go, driver installing successfully, but in Nvidia Control Panel only menu "Power". I can not switch on to GTX 260M. GPU-Z and other tests show information that the graphics card all works well.
If i press fn+F7 for reboot with GTX 260M, BIOS beep 8 times. If disable in BIOS Intel HD4000 and set in video seting to PEG - BIOS 8 beeps. Reset BIOS does not help.
BIOS unlocked A11
vBIOS of GTX 260M: 62.92.96.00.0A (Dell (1028)
ID GTX 260M: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0618&SUBSYS_05511028&REV_A2

How i may switch from HD4000 to discrete GTX 260M? Please help me. Thanks.

Hi all can someone please help me i have a Alienware m17x rev 4 it came with an Nvidia 675m but i decided to buy a 780m which arrived today it is brand new sealed. DellAnyway i installed the a11 unlocked bios and then installed the card the comp booted up straight away with the 780 as i had diabled the intergrated graphics already.

Anyway i downloaded the latest drivers and modded then and all seemed well i accepted the agree and install and chose drivers and physics x only it started to install the driver and it even changed the res then i got a install failed come up in the box, I then downloaded this version thinking i had made a mistake but exactly the same happend please can someone help me thanks.

Edited by MATRIXAD

@J95  GeForce 372.54  Installed correctly BUT when i try to play and game or 3D app Nvidia GPU simply won't activate ! (as you know i am on optimus )

I tried to go in dedicated mode but when in the mode Device manager says  "microsoft generic GPU driver" installed so something is wrong I am not sure what it is the problem,  kinda remind me when I installed the PEG mode on optimus almost the same happened at that time .

PLEASE help me :D

Edited by HaloTechnology

Just now, MATRIXAD said:

Hi all can someone please help me i have a Alienware m17x rev 4 it came with an Nvidia 675m but i decided to buy a 780m which arrived today it is brand new sealed. DellAnyway i installed the a11 unlocked bios and then installed the card the comp booted up straight away with the 780 as i had diabled the intergrated graphics already.

Anyway i downloaded the latest drivers and modded then and all seemed well i accepted the agree and install and chose drivers and physics x only it started to install the driver and it even changed the res then i got a install failed come up in the box, I then downloaded this version thinking i had made a mistake but exactly the same happend please can someone help me thanks.

almost the same problem(

• J95 pinned this topic