[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

J95

@J95 I just had a look on your link above and downloaded the stuff attached. Few clarifications needed:

- I downloaded the one '-> GeForce 352.84 PEG MOD win10 <-' and also that one at very bottom of your post 'GeForce 353.00 PEG MOD latest profiles' and I can see they have been both edited 11/9 (today) by you and that they have the same name: '352.84_PEG_MOD_win10.rar'.

Question: Am I right to expect it is indeed the already moded driver ready to use for me and both links are pointing the same file ?

or

Question: Do I need to overwrite with the nv-dispi.inf (dated 08/06) like stated in sequence?

- I downloaded the 'Full_Profiles_352.84.txt.zip' file (date 11/6)

- I dowloaded the two files '980M_Single_GPU_NVI_Task_bat_win10.zip' and '980M_SLI_NVI_Task_bat_win10.zip' don't know if I am right doing so because I have a 970M ...

I read all the sequences of instructions and the new ones for me are those ones dealing with NV Inspector. Sorry but I never used so far NV Inspector so I would like to understand what the job here. Below is what I expect the sequence is actually doing:

- I first do the setup.exe until completion but I don't reboot (hope I will not have an unstable display because it could happen when not rebooting)

- I understand I run NV Inspector(I will download the last version (?) and install it before) and I first import the 'Full_Profiles_352.84...' you provided - so overwriting the existing one

- Just after I restore to default (... it's weird or perhaps is it a trick?)

- I reboot

- I go to control panel and I setup 3D performances...

... and after I don't really understand what I need to do with NV inspector as per your instructions. I suspect I have a use here of the '980M_Single_GPU_NVI_Task_bat_win10.zip' I downloaded (but for the 970M) however I don't see what's the purpose here of all that last sequence of instructions. Can you explain ? Or is it not needed with my 970M?

Thanks for your time & support... I owe you one anyway !

@spacetauren both guides 352.84 (Win10) & 353.00 (Win8.1) are mostly identical...thanks, corrected 352.84 PEG MOD Win10

Windows 10 + GeForce Drivers are Killing Samsung and LG Notebook LCD Display Panels

Uninstall both EVGA PrecisionX & MSI Afterburner (Keep RTSS)

Skip the batch files step/980Ms. Just try updating the game profiles "Full_Profiles_v352.84.txt" and use NV Inspector for P-States matching.

980M reference:

26U6cwX.png

Valley Extreme HD preset @1262/2950

Flash Prema's CLEVO_6GB_GTX970M_OC_PM_v1.1.1.rar

Stock GTX 970M:

Set P1 only (skip P0) -> "Unlock Max" set Core 1038 MHz -> Memory Clock 2505 MHz -> right click "Create Startup Task" http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware/8113-going-test-clevo-980m-alienware-m17x-r4-m18x-r2-aw17-151.html#post130924

• Thumbs Up 1

@J95 could you please mod the latest 358.91 for fallout4? :D

P.s I actually can't find how to donate lol I know it was somewhere. Start of the forum or on profile?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

GeForce 353.00 PEG MOD Profiles update: Full_Profiles_4_v353.00.txt (no need to reinstall drivers).

NV Inspector -> Driver Profile Settings -> Import User Defined Profiles -> Import (replace) all driver profiles (Nvidia text format) -> Full_Profiles_4_v353.00.txt

• NV Inspector -> restore current profile to Nvidia defaults -> reboot

• NVCPL -> Manage 3D settings -> Set High Performance...etc.

- - - Updated - - -

GeForce 358.91 WHQL

• Fallout 4

• Star Wars: Battlefront

• StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void

*Install drivers at your own risk* Windows 10 + GeForce Drivers are Killing Samsung and LG Notebook LCD Display Panels

• Uninstall PrecisionX & MSI Afterburner (Keep RTSS)

• Win8.1 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'

cmd (Admin)

bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

-> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' -> Install drivers.

• Extract driver using [url=http://www.7-zip.org]7-Zip
  • [/url]

• Display.Driver folder -> copy/overwrite the proper .inf file

• Extracted driver package -> run setup.exe

INF MOD v358.91

nv_dispi.inf (including nvdmi.inf) PEG/Dedicated All Models: M15x, M17x, AW17 R1, M18x, AW18 R1 (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX , 660M

nvcvi.inf: Optimus Alienware 17 / 05AA (only) GTX 980M - 970M - 965M

GeForce 358.91 WHQL

• Thumbs Up 2

GeForce 353.00 PEG MOD Profiles update: Full_Profiles_4_v353.00.txt (no need to reinstall drivers).

• NV Inspector -> Driver Profile Settings -> Import User Defined Profiles -> Import (replace) all driver profiles (Nvidia text format) -> Full_Profiles_4_v353.00.txt

- - - Updated - - -

GeForce 358.91 WHQL
  • Fallout 4
  • Star Wars: Battlefront
  • StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void

*Install drivers at your own risk* Windows 10 + GeForce Drivers are Killing Samsung and LG Notebook LCD Display Panels
  • Uninstall PrecisionX & MSI Afterburner (Keep RTSS)
  • Win8.1 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'

cmd (Admin)
    -> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' -> Install drivers.
  • Extract driver using 7-Zip

INF MOD v358.91

nv_dispi.inf (including nvdmi.inf) PEG/Dedicated All Models: M15x, M17x, AW17 R1, M18x, AW18 R1 (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX , 660M

GeForce 358.91 WHQL

Awesome thanks! Ok so i tried running Fallout 4 with both your driver Mod+ Updated game profile and then with the new driver 358.91... The game itself runs fine with everything maxed out however one of 980ms seems to be having a coffee break while game is running :59:lol. Does this mean the driver or game profile isnt actually SLi ready for this game or something else i need to tweak? btw Ive been following your guide and previously updating game profiles fixed it, though not this time. just curious :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16489[/ATTACH] heres a screenshot.
  • Thumbs Up 1

@haXBOXpro Fallout 4 missing SLI profile...another Alpha "We are working with the developers to get an SLI profile out to users for Fallout 4" https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/894529/geforce-drivers/official-358-91-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-11-9-15-/post/4722649/#4722649

Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix possible makes it into the Game Ready driver. As a result, you can be sure you’ll have the best day-1 gaming experience for your favorite new titles.

Game Ready

Learn more about how to get the optimal experience for Fallout 4, Star Wars: Battlefront, and StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void.

...:moneygrubber::moneygrubber:

WA9WtQ8.png

T|I

• Thumbs Up 1

@J95

Hey man

I recently upgraded my 2013 AW17 R5 (Ranger) from the stock 880m to a 8GB 980m mxm. I was able to use the latest drivers from Eurocom.

I will be trying to install your Fallout 4 drivers tonight. I have a question though. I actually modded the official Nvidia drivers last night but the only way I was able to install them was by pointing Device Manager to the nvdmi.inf file (the inf for Dell). Even though I was modding the nvcvi.inf file exactly the same way I did for the nvdmi.inf, the installation was failing.

Is there any problem in the method I used? The driver versions shows up correctly in the device manager and in GeForce experience. Do your modder inf files include anything else than the added Dev strings and OS entries?

Thanks a lot!

GeForce 358.91 WHQL

Thank you for the update :) The latest 358.91 are slighly better than 358.87.

10167 3d Mark FS:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3940XM,Alienware M17xR4

12917 3d Mark 11:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/10514574

Not sure why, but 3d mark lists the driver version as 10.18.13.5887, which is 358.87. Nvidia control panel shows version 358.91.

• Thumbs Up 1

@haXBOXpro to get SLI in Fallout just enable AFR 2 in Nvidia control panel for fallout4.exe.

can someone tell me what is the latest moded driver that is non throttling driver for Alienware ma17x r3 with GTX 880m. I have now 344.75 and windows 10. I wanna install a newer driver that working fine and have dx 12

Humm could it be Fox's Nvidia 345.20 drivers?

• Thumbs Up 1

@J95

Hey man

I recently upgraded my 2013 AW17 R5 (Ranger) from the stock 880m to a 8GB 980m mxm. I was able to use the latest drivers from Eurocom.

I will be trying to install your Fallout 4 drivers tonight. I have a question though. I actually modded the official Nvidia drivers last night but the only way I was able to install them was by pointing Device Manager to the nvdmi.inf file (the inf for Dell). Even though I was modding the nvcvi.inf file exactly the same way I did for the nvdmi.inf, the installation was failing.

Is there any problem in the method I used? The driver versions shows up correctly in the device manager and in GeForce experience. Do your modder inf files include anything else than the added Dev strings and OS entries?

Thanks a lot!

Just replace HWIDs as explained HERE, my mods include tweaks...Optimus AW17 use nvcvi.inf to avoid blank screens, 120Hz model use nv_dispi.inf (PEG/Dedicated).

AW17/120Hz try installing PEG MOD 353.00 sig (Win8.1) to avoid throttling.

"" Win10 352.84 PEG MOD Win10, latest profiles included. Optimus model, only use nvcvi.inf instead. Please include HWIDs next time.

Feedback...appreciated.

Uninstall both PrecisionX & MSI Afterburner (Keep RTSS). Still at risk, even without these programs installed.

can someone tell me what is the latest moded driver that is non throttling driver for Alienware ma17x r3 with GTX 880m. I have now 344.75 and windows 10. I wanna install a newer driver that working fine and have dx 12

Like above try 352.84 PEG MOD (nv_dispi.inf), skip both batch files step/980M & Profile updates.

Thank you for the update :) The latest 358.91 are slighly better than 358.87.

10167 3d Mark FS:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3940XM,Alienware M17xR4

12917 3d Mark 11:

Not sure why, but 3d mark lists the driver version as 10.18.13.5887, which is 358.87. Nvidia control panel shows version 358.91.

First run, 30°C room temperature without removing the back cover 1481/1481 (Prema's vBIOS MOD) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3940XM,Alienware M17xR4

cfql1hph.png

10869 13k GPU score, v350.12 (sig) 1481/1481 (Prema's vBIOS MOD) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3940XM,Alienware M17xR4

• Thumbs Up 1

@J95

Hey man

Thanks for your reply!

I actually downloaded your latest nvcvi.inf file (2 pages back I think) and used a tool called WinMerge to compare it line by line with the official inf file from Nvidia for the same driver version. The only differences it found were the entries in the OS and Strings sections. Am I missing something? Or did it happen that you didn't include tweaks/enhancements in that specific driver version? Were your tweaks included only in the 353 PEG version? That version doesn't apply for Optimus right? I am sorry again as I am a bit late to join the party... I am doing my best to catch up and get myself informed about what has been done so far to mod drivers for the 980m .

I did import the profiles using NV inspector.

I am planning to do some research into what exactly the "enhancer" of Laptopsvideotogo does to inf files. I am just really curious about how everything works.

I do know something, the 980m rocks so far. I don't even think I need to change anything in it. I did some OC yesterday and was able to get some serious results in benchmarks but IMO it's just not worth it aside from that. I did some benching using Fraps in Arkham Knight and Witcher 3 and differences are negligible. So I'll stick to stock frequencies (I always did this with all my GPU's anyway...) The only difference was with my 880m which throttled like a 90 year old, something slv's vbios fixed completely for me.

Any news? Still no problem here but I'm stuck on 352.49... just unistalled MSI even if it doesn't gave me problems...

It's working fine here...without bloatware unlike most AW owners (Dell/AW crappy software) '40-45 processes' not the best test scenario anyway.

I'll mod next release.

@J95

Hey man

Thanks for your reply!

I actually downloaded your latest nvcvi.inf file (2 pages back I think) and used a tool called WinMerge to compare it line by line with the official inf file from Nvidia for the same driver version. The only differences it found were the entries in the OS and Strings sections. Am I missing something? Or did it happen that you didn't include tweaks/enhancements in that specific driver version? Were your tweaks included only in the 353 PEG version? That version doesn't apply for Optimus right? I am sorry again as I am a bit late to join the party... I am doing my best to catch up and get myself informed about what has been done so far to mod drivers for the 980m .

I did import the profiles using NV inspector.

I am planning to do some research into what exactly the "enhancer" of Laptopsvideotogo does to inf files. I am just really curious about how everything works.

I do know something, the 980m rocks so far. I don't even think I need to change anything in it. I did some OC yesterday and was able to get some serious results in benchmarks but IMO it's just not worth it aside from that. I did some benching using Fraps in Arkham Knight and Witcher 3 and differences are negligible. So I'll stick to stock frequencies (I always did this with all my GPU's anyway...) The only difference was with my 880m which throttled like a 90 year old, something slv's vbios fixed completely for me.

AW17/Optimus model requires specific entries or you will end w/ blank screens. Since throttling is not an issue...install latest drivers and avoid switching to Dedicated for the time being.

Always check sections, Nvidia likes messing them up lately...:D

• Thumbs Up 1

Windows 10 1511 update... could it have been solved this mess?? Hehe I highly doubt it, however... I still have no problems whit R4 and windows 10 till now but after upgrade to 1511 I had to reinstall nvidia drivers (353.49)...still "testing".

Windows 10 1511 update... could it have been solved this mess?? Hehe I highly doubt it, however... I still have no problems whit R4 and windows 10 till now but after upgrade to 1511 I had to reinstall nvidia drivers (353.49)...still "testing".

I am personally sticking to W8.1. I spent 2h trying to install drivers for the 980m before I gave up and reverted back to 8.1.... Installing drivers on that took me 5 mins...(including modding the inf file myself)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PEG MODs Update:

GeForce 353.00 PEG MOD Win7/8.1 Profiles update: Full_Profiles_5_v353.00.txt (no need to reinstall drivers).

NV Inspector -> Driver Profile Settings -> Import User Defined Profiles -> Import (replace) all driver profiles (Nvidia text format) -> Full_Profiles_5_v353.00.txt

352.84 PEG MOD Win10, Profiles update: Full_Profiles_2_352.84.txt (no need to reinstall drivers). Feedback...appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

GeForce 359.00 WHQL
  • Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate

• Overwatch: Beta

• Uninstall both PrecisionX & MSI Afterburner (Keep RTSS) including screen overclocking tools *Still at risk*

• Win10/8.1 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'

cmd (Admin)

• [/url]

INF MOD v359.00

GeForce 359.00 WHQL Win7/8.1 GeForce 359.00 WHQL Win10

• Thumbs Up 3

PEG MODs Update:

GeForce 353.00 PEG MOD Win7/8.1 Profiles update: Full_Profiles_5_v353.00.txt (no need to reinstall drivers).

NV Inspector -> Driver Profile Settings -> Import User Defined Profiles -> Import (replace) all driver profiles (Nvidia text format) -> Full_Profiles_5_v353.00.txt

352.84 PEG MOD Win10, Profiles update: Full_Profiles_2_352.84.txt.zip (no need to reinstall drivers).

Feedback...appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

GeForce 359.00 WHQL

• Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate

• Overwatch: Beta

• Uninstall both PrecisionX & MSI Afterburner (Keep RTSS) including screen overclocking tools *Still at risk*

• Win10/8.1 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'

cmd (Admin)

• [/url]

INF MOD v359.00

GeForce 359.00 WHQL Win7/8.1

GeForce 359.00 WHQL Win10

Tnk you!! So...let's try it...I will let you know if my display will die or not after testing 359.00 for a while! :D hope not!!!! Hehe

M17 R4 3D here...just update to 359.00 today... I used 353.49 (without Precision X but with MSI) for months without problems.. however I wouldn't suggest to update 'cause probably I was just lucky...do it at your own risk!
@vj88 I've posted this several weeks ago >uninstall MSI AB< as a precaution (Keeping RTSS)...
Glad you guys all got it working again. I have also been made aware of a guy who never used EVGA Precision X but bricked it while playing with MSI Afterburner.

So best is to stick with NVIDIA Inspector until NVIDIA gets this g-sync pass through access filtered in their driver.

Also ZM/DM system user have to flash their screens in another system as the Linux App doesn't support their hardware, yet.

For backing up your current EDID (.bin) I would suggest to use this software:

http://www.entechtaiwan.com/<wbr>files/mi_setup.exe

RTSS Rivatuner Statistics Server Download v6.4.0 + HWiNFO.

• J95 pinned this topic