[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

J95

thanks for the reply j95, so I guess I should get a copy of windows 8.1pro until that lcd screen madness is fixed. going to the Microsoft now to get a copy.

Install important updates only.

Second day testing 353.00 drivers and original Clevo VBIOS, no throttle yet, gaming with very graphic demanding games on ultra. I'm using Hwinfo64 on-screen info now instead of Msi Afterburner, GTX 980M SLI / P0 - P1 NV inspector switching core and Vram default values. I believe testing more 2 days I can give a true opinion about this driver.

post-12287-14495001027658_thumb.jpg

One thing I noticed is that sometimes GPU runs at normal core clock of 1038MHz insteady of 1127MHz boost in very demanding scenes, but thats not much a problem at all because almost gives no decrease in game FPS.

Edit: Found that this behavior comes from Clevo BIOS, having nothing related about installed video drivers.

Edit 2: Its confirmed, no throttling at all in the third day. a shame its coming for an old Nvidia driver

• Thumbs Up 1

Second day testing 353.00 drivers and original Clevo VBIOS, no throttle yet, gaming with very graphic demanding games on ultra. I'm using Hwinfo64 on-screen info now instead of Msi Afterburner, GTX 980M SLI / P0 - P1 NV inspector switching core and Vram default values. I believe testing more 2 days I can give a true opinion about this driver.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16358[/ATTACH]

One thing I noticed is that sometimes GPU runs at normal core clock of 1038MHz insteady of 1127MHz boost in very demanding scenes, but thats not much a problem at all because almost gives no decrease in game FPS.

Edit: Found that this behavior comes from Clevo BIOS, having nothing related about installed video drivers.

Please test CLEVO_8GB_GTX980M_OC_PM_v1.1.1

NV Inspector -> P0/P1 matching.

GPU throttling w/ v1.1.1...then you will need to ask @Prema to link previous version 1.1 instead.

Please test CLEVO_8GB_GTX980M_OC_PM_v1.1.1

NV Inspector -> P0/P1 matching.

GPU throttling w/ v1.1.1...then you will need to ask @Prema to link previous version 1.1 instead.

Yes, it seems this driver is really throttle proof... two days gaming testing with Prema 1.1.1 BIOS, the AW PEG MOD 353.00 don't flinch a inch :positive: with sustained 1127Mhz GPU clocks (boost clock), it's a really nice fix indeed. Now if just the newer drivers could be this good... Batman Arkhan Knight will be back in Steam Store in 10/28. But anyway thanks J95 for this perfect driver fix for 980M, I'll be using for my default video drivers from now on while testing new ones too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, it seems this driver is really throttle proof... two days gaming testing with Prema 1.1.1 BIOS, the AW PEG MOD 353.00 don't flinch a inch :positive: with sustained 1127Mhz GPU clocks (boost clock), it's a really nice fix indeed. Now if just the newer drivers could be this good... Batman Arkhan Knight will be back in Steam Store in 10/28. But anyway thanks J95 for this perfect driver fix for 980M, I'll be using for my default video drivers from now on while testing new ones too.

No problem, Batman AK or other games requesting latest drivers is not an issue anymore...trick...:D

This will keep your 980Ms both Throttle proof and updated, until the vBIOS fix is released.

• Thumbs Up 2

No problem, Batman AK or other games requesting latest drivers is not an issue anymore...trick...:D

This will keep your 980Ms Throttle proof and updated, until the vBIOS fix is released.

Updated guide above.

Awesome! :)

Seriously love your work @J95

If you ever leave us I fear I'll have to say bye bye to my laptop lol

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

@Tulius

@haXBOXpro

Update:

Full_Profiles_2_v353.00 GeForce 353.00 PEG MOD (no need to reinstall drivers).

• NV Inspector -> Driver Profile Settings -> Import User Defined Profiles -> Import (replace) all driver profiles (Nvidia text format) -> Full_Profiles_2_v353.00.txt
  • NV Inspector -> restore current profile to Nvidia defaults -> reboot
  • Open NVCPL -> Manage 3D settings -> Set High Performance...

• Thumbs Up 1

@Tulius

@haXBOXpro

Update:

Full_Profiles_2_v353.00 GeForce 353.00 PEG MOD (no need to reinstall drivers).

• NV Inspector -> Driver Profile Settings -> Import User Defined Profiles -> Import (replace) all driver profiles (Nvidia text format) -> Full_Profiles_2_v353.00.txt
  • Open NVCPL -> Manage 3D settings -> Set High Performance...

Sweet! I'll try it out after the weekend once I'm back on my laptop

Hey guys I came across a weird issue last night. After gaming for just under 2hrs I noticed my fans going really loud. Upon checking I noticed my GPUs were heating up to 79-80 mark! They never get this hot while running games alone. Tbh the hottest I've seen themnget before was 74-75 and that was intensive benchmarking. Strangely though both GPUs indicating only 548mhz usage but no drop in performance or fps.

I find this very odd as usually in game they both run at 1126mhz. Unless throttling in which case it would affect performance severely and drop the fps.

Can anyone shed some light on this please? The GPU usage so low and the temps that high don't add up :$

I haven't changed drivers and been using the same set up all along. Tried with different games to see if it was specific to one but all the same.

Hey guys I came across a weird issue last night. After gaming for just under 2hrs I noticed my fans going really loud. Upon checking I noticed my GPUs were heating up to 79-80 mark! They never get this hot while running games alone. Tbh the hottest I've seen themnget before was 74-75 and that was intensive benchmarking. Strangely though both GPUs indicating only 548mhz usage but no drop in performance or fps.

I find this very odd as usually in game they both run at 1126mhz. Unless throttling in which case it would affect performance severely and drop the fps.

Can anyone shed some light on this please? The GPU usage so low and the temps that high don't add up :$

I haven't changed drivers and been using the same set up all along. Tried with different games to see if it was specific to one but all the same.

353.00 installed?

Increased GPU temperature is normal (1127/2505), although 79-80 is pretty high...probably hitting +85C (548mhz), check for dust clogging your heatsink fins/vents...including thermal pad layout, poor contact between GPU die & heatsink.

HWiNFO max reported gpu temperature and voltage...screenshot?

Avoid DSR, use AA instead.

353.00 installed?

Increased GPU temperature is normal (1127/2505), although 79-80 is pretty high...probably hitting +85C (548mhz), check for dust clogging your heatsink fins/vents...including thermal pad layout, poor contact between GPU die & heatsink.

HWiNFO max reported gpu temperature and voltage...screenshot?

Avoid DSR, use AA instead.

Yep using your new 353.00 driver. Might revert to 356 I was using prior to see if it changes anything. I never use DSR or GFE, they all rubbish and only cause problems lol

Mmm... My machine has been away from dirt and dust and it looks clean from outside. Should I still open it up and check? I installed my card properly under 3months ago and up til now didn't have any heating problems. Do you still think it could be the thermal paste?

I'll play around with the drivers 1st. Id really rather play my games for once than open up the guts and play doctor with my laptop haha

hello my friends! i kind of having a problem with 980m cards. my games are crashing at a frequent rate. like about every half hour. just closing.. no error report, nothing :/ any ideas how to fix this?

(using 2x 980m SLI in a m18x r2 laptop with 353.00 throttling fix driver from j95)

hello my friends! i kind of having a problem with 980m cards. my games are crashing at a frequent rate. like about every half hour. just closing.. no error report, nothing :/ any ideas how to fix this?

(using 2x 980m SLI in a m18x r2 laptop with 353.00 throttling fix driver from j95)

More detail please. What setup are you running? Which version of windows? Did you import game profiles? And have you noticed high GPU/CPU temperatures ?

Yep using your new 353.00 driver. Might revert to 356 I was using prior to see if it changes anything. I never use DSR or GFE, they all rubbish and only cause problems lol

Mmm... My machine has been away from dirt and dust and it looks clean from outside. Should I still open it up and check? I installed my card properly under 3months ago and up til now didn't have any heating problems. Do you still think it could be the thermal paste?

I'll play around with the drivers 1st. Id really rather play my games for once than open up the guts and play doctor with my laptop haha

--update--

in case anyone else has the same issue!

Ran DDU then reinstalled driver v353.00 [J95 mod]. HWiNFO shows Max GPU temps @78 while gaming I noticed it lingering around 75max during intense sections and lowering to 69-70 which is almost 10° lower than before. Interestingly I also noted that one GPU was reaching Max clock speeds and heating up much faster while other seemed to be running at lower clocks ( almost as if not utilised for SLi).

Now they both share the same load/ clock speed.

Hopefully it remains stable.

More detail please. What setup are you running? Which version of windows? Did you import game profiles? And have you noticed high GPU/CPU temperatures ?

setup? what do you mean by that?

using windows 8.1 pro at 64-bit

nothig extra imported only Full_profiles_v353.00

gpu temperature is under 65° and almost never goes higher. cpu temperature is between 60 and 70°

i suspect its some directX error since older games are running fine like bioshock or league of legends. but newer ones are constantly crashing like wolfenstein the old blood, CS:GO, sims4, warhammer: vermintide

Hi all, just a quick note:

Finally installed the 353.00 PEG MOD drivers by J95 for my 980M.

After a couple quick tests, I have no throttling at all at stock clocks even with Azalia Enabled! See below for stock Firestrike score:

Qos5CwO.png

Very satisfied to have no throttling even at stock clocks with Azalia enabled. I'll try some overclocking again soon.

Many thanks to J95, Prema and others for their amazing work!

• Thumbs Up 1

GeForce 353.00 PEG MOD Profiles update: Full_Profiles_3_v353.00.txt (no need to reinstall drivers).

NV Inspector -> Driver Profile Settings -> Import User Defined Profiles -> Import (replace) all driver profiles (Nvidia text format) -> Full_Profiles_3_v353.00.txt
  • NVCPL -> Manage 3D settings -> Set High Performance...etc.

- - - Updated - - -

GeForce 358.87 WHQL
  • Call of Duty: Blacks OPS III.
  • Anno 2205.
  • War Thunder patch with GameWorks.

*Install drivers at your own risk* Windows 10 + GeForce Drivers are Killing Samsung and LG Notebook LCD Display Panels

• Uninstall PrecisionX & MSI Afterburner (Keep RTSS)

• Win8.1 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'

cmd (Admin)
    bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy
    -> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' -> Install drivers.

• Extract driver using [url=http://www.7-zip.org]7-Zip
  • [/url]
  • Display.Driver folder -> copy/overwrite the proper .inf file
  • Extracted driver package -> run setup.exe

INF MOD v358.87

nv_dispi.inf (including nvdmi.inf) PEG/Dedicated All Models: M15x, M17x, AW17 R1, M18x, AW18 R1 (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX , 660M

nvcvi.inf: Optimus Alienware 17 / 05AA (only) GTX 980M - 970M - 965M

GeForce 358.87 WHQL

• Thumbs Up 4

OMG! How/where do u update ur game profiles?! U know what never mind, just keep them coming [emoji14]

Quick question your new game profiles includes support for the games mentioned in the new geForce driver right? No need to update to the shitty new driver?!

P.s. once again love your work and quick snappy updates! Will be shouting you a beer or two :) (now where's that donate button??)

• Thumbs Up 1

OMG! How/where do u update ur game profiles?! U know what never mind, just keep them coming [emoji14]

Quick question your new game profiles includes support for the games mentioned in the new geForce driver right? No need to update to the shitty new driver?!

P.s. once again love your work and quick snappy updates! Will be shouting you a beer or two :) (now where's that donate button??)

Correct, no need to update drivers...until Prema releases the new vBIOS fix.

I am on Windows 10 but scared to update the driver beyond 353.50 ! any advise ? ( I want to keep win 10)

352.84 PEG MOD Win10, latest profiles included. Optimus model, only use nvcvi.inf instead.

Feedback...appreciated.

*Install drivers at your own risk* Windows 10 + GeForce Drivers are Killing Samsung and LG Notebook LCD Display Panels

- - - Updated - - -

@HaloTechnology I'm currently testing v358.91.

gKjA8Joh.png

• Thumbs Up 1

@J95 I just had a look on your link above and downloaded the stuff attached. Few clarifications needed:

- I downloaded the one '-> GeForce 352.84 PEG MOD win10 <-' and also that one at very bottom of your post 'GeForce 353.00 PEG MOD latest profiles' and I can see they have been both edited 11/9 (today) by you and that they have the same name: '352.84_PEG_MOD_win10.rar'.

Question: Am I right to expect it is indeed the already moded driver ready to use for me and both links are pointing the same file ?

or

Question: Do I need to overwrite with the nv-dispi.inf (dated 08/06) like stated in sequence?

- I downloaded the 'Full_Profiles_352.84.txt.zip' file (date 11/6)

- I dowloaded the two files '980M_Single_GPU_NVI_Task_bat_win10.zip' and '980M_SLI_NVI_Task_bat_win10.zip' don't know if I am right doing so because I have a 970M ...

I read all the sequences of instructions and the new ones for me are those ones dealing with NV Inspector. Sorry but I never used so far NV Inspector so I would like to understand what the job here. Below is what I expect the sequence is actually doing:

- I first do the setup.exe until completion but I don't reboot (hope I will not have an unstable display because it could happen when not rebooting)

- I understand I run NV Inspector(I will download the last version (?) and install it before) and I first import the 'Full_Profiles_352.84...' you provided - so overwriting the existing one

- Just after I restore to default (... it's weird or perhaps is it a trick?)

- I reboot

- I go to control panel and I setup 3D performances...

... and after I don't really understand what I need to do with NV inspector as per your instructions. I suspect I have a use here of the '980M_Single_GPU_NVI_Task_bat_win10.zip' I downloaded (but for the 970M) however I don't see what's the purpose here of all that last sequence of instructions. Can you explain ? Or is it not needed with my 970M?

Thanks for your time & support... I owe you one anyway !

• Thumbs Up 1

• J95 pinned this topic