[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

J95

Where are you from? The pastes which you should use are the 2 above I mentioned or Zalman STG2

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

I'm from Brazil, ... found this Gelid Gc-7g supreme, the price is much higher than the others, but I believe it is worth it ... you have some risk? type, is a conductor?

guys i received the 330w power supply but i have stel the same problem... looks like the gpu goes in a kind of power limitation and freeze with blu screen and tdp error.

i saw that if i increase ram frequency to +400 with gpu stock is stable... the same if i keep ram to stock and gpu +180 with 1.068v.

if for example i put +400 ram and just +50 on the gpu 1.068v or +180 gpu and +50 ram after few minutes of valley benchmark everything freeze and tdp error come out.

i don't know what try anymore

i used prema bios 1.1.1v and the one from svl7 with same result

can be a driver problem? i tried thousand driver and file inf.

You might just be hitting your GPU's clock limits - no vbios or driver will change what's inherit to your particular chip.

GPUs are like people: they're different even though they have the same specs. That's a given but pure luck to get a 980M that will overclock passed 1300MHz. Anything between 1200 and 1300 like 1260MHz should be stable. I have tried anything from 1300+ and it fails.

So dial back your clocks and bump up the voltage to 1.072v and do more tests. try my clocks +134 / +295 @ 1.072v with prema's 1.1.1 vbios.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I'm from Brazil, ... found this Gelid Gc-7g supreme, the price is much higher than the others, but I believe it is worth it ... you have some risk? type, is a conductor?

If you can't get it locally then import it provided the price is reasonable.

No it isn't a conductor, it should be fine.. Extreme will be better but this is no slouch either I think... See if you can find something better in case...

Ok, I will buy this Gelid Extreme same, I hope that solves the problem, since unlocked the VBIOS and all he could do to use this card within your ability and so far have not used even half ...

- - - Updated - - -

If you can't get it locally then import it provided the price is reasonable.

Yes indeed, I have done a lot, the question was my hurry, but do not have much choice now ... I need to work this out

You might just be hitting your GPU's clock limits - no vbios or driver will change what's inherit to your particular chip.

GPUs are like people: they're different even though they have the same specs. That's a given but pure luck to get a 980M that will overclock passed 1300MHz. Anything between 1200 and 1300 like 1260MHz should be stable. I have tried anything from 1300+ and it fails.

So dial back your clocks and bump up the voltage to 1.072v and do more tests. try my clocks +134 / +295 @ 1.072v with prema's 1.1.1 vbios.

i tried your setting with no result. is so strange that i can increse a lot gpu frequency not touching ram or vice versa.

can be a compatibility issue? i noticed that when i flash new v bios i have always different PCI Subsystem ID (see the picture) have you gays a bios fully compatible with this id(1028.05AA) ?

post-38938-14495000906046_thumb.png

Goodnight everyone, now applied the AS5 folder (still can not get the gelid, but I'll buy) and my 104C CPU dropped to 65C ... great! My FPS Borderlands not go down under 55 with ALL the ultra inclusive Physix in High ...

post-39054-14495000906345_thumb.jpg

I thank the attention of everyone here!

I'm just my GPU does not yet satifsfeito is with 84C (all in ultra) ... now I wonder, should I use overclocking to improve? which recommend?

Goodnight everyone, now applied the AS5 folder (still can not get the gelid, but I'll buy) and my 104C CPU dropped to 65C ... great! My FPS Borderlands not go down under 55 with ALL the ultra inclusive Physix in High ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16182[/ATTACH]

I thank the attention of everyone here!

I'm just my GPU does not yet satifsfeito is with 84C (all in ultra) ... now I wonder, should I use overclocking to improve? which recommend?

Fergus stop overclocking... You will burn out your GPU... Have you applied new paste to GPU? If so temps are too high still.. Have you bought Gelid yet? Get some new thermal pads for GPU..

Fergus stop overclocking... You will burn out your GPU... Have you applied new paste to GPU? If so temps are too high still.. Have you bought Gelid yet? Get some new thermal pads for GPU..

Hi Tom, yes already applied the paste and thermal pads all new, live where the temperature is already high, can not in any way lower the temp of my GPU ... I have no idea how to do this without being over control of the Season NV inspector ... CPU is reasonably good, but GPU would at most 70C, but never got, not with my old 675m = /

Something else I can do?

guys i received the 330w power supply but i have stel the same problem... looks like the gpu goes in a kind of power limitation and freeze with blu screen and tdp error.

i saw that if i increase ram frequency to +400 with gpu stock is stable... the same if i keep ram to stock and gpu +180 with 1.068v.

if for example i put +400 ram and just +50 on the gpu 1.068v or +180 gpu and +50 ram after few minutes of valley benchmark everything freeze and tdp error come out.

i don't know what try anymore

i used prema bios 1.1.1v and the one from svl7 with same result

can be a driver problem? i tried thousand driver and file inf.

The maximum settings I reached are 1344/2800 on the card using prema vbios. This configuration does 14,5k gpu score in 3dmark11. Above these limits card does not go and pops up an error. Regarding to the problem it may also be the card itself. Each card may have slightly different parameters.

*Install drivers at your own risk* Windows 10 + Official 353.62 Drivers are Killing Samsung and LG Notebook LCD Display Panels

INF MOD v358.50

• Win8.1 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'

cmd (Admin)
    bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy
    -> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' -> Install drivers.

• Extract driver using [url=http://www.7-zip.org]7-Zip
  • [/url]
  • Display.Driver folder -> copy/overwrite the proper .inf file
  • Extracted driver package -> run setup.exe

nv_dispi.inf (including nvdmi.inf) PEG/Dedicated All Models: M15x, M17x, AW17 R1, M18x, AW18 R1 (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX

nvcvi.inf: Optimus Alienware 17 / 05AA (only) GTX 980M - 970M - 965M

GeForce 358.50 WHQL
  • Thumbs Up 1

The maximum settings I reached are 1344/2800 on the card using prema vbios. This configuration does 14,5k gpu score in 3dmark11. Above these limits card does not go and pops up an error. Regarding to the problem it may also be the card itself. Each card may have slightly different parameters.

This is the maximum that I can get. 1202 MHz (1.00V) / 2935 mhz

with the same frequencies if i increase 0.25V after a few minutes of benchmarks i have tdp error but if I put ram at 2000MHz i can be up to 1320 1.10v stable but have lower results in bencmark.

seems that the card struggle to feed ram + gpu over a certain power. the gpu rises smoothly even 1350mhz only keeping the Rams to minimum.

probably is a structural limit of the GPU

post-38938-14495000909673_thumb.png

post-38938-1449500091054_thumb.png

Hey J95, could help me to improve my performance gtx 780m? Already unlocked my VBIOS, done mod drive nvidia, has applied new thermal juntamentente pads with a good thermal paste ...

My FPS ta stable now, but my temp is between 80C - 90C ... taking only 3,400 in scoring 3D mark ... the only way to improve my temp was lower temperature limit in NVinspector ... please me some instructions, I came up here reading a lot in this forum.

My confg. Alienware M17x R4 3630QM 32GB Core i7, GTX 780m 4Gb unlocked via SL7

• Extract driver using 7-Zip

nv_dispi.inf (copy nvdmi.inf too) PEG/Dedicated All Models: M15x, M17x, AW17 R1, M18x, AW18 R1 (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX

GeForce 358.50 WHQL

Hi J95, The driver install keeps failing with the new modded INFs. I'm installing for a 970m, win7, m15x. Not sure why it's failing.

EDIT: Tried a DDU before hand too. Still getting a fail on the install status.

EDIT 2: From my setupapi.dev log: " {DRIVERSTORE_IMPORT_NOTIFY_VALIDATE} 20:55:39.376!!! sto: INF hash is not present in the catalog. Driver package appears to be tampered. Filename = C:WindowsSystem32DriverStoreTemp{50db7426-51c3-168f-cdfa-d5682d36ca0f} v_dispi.inf, Error = 0xE000024B ! sto: Driver package appears to be tampered but user wants to install it anyway. "

EDIT 3: Has anyone had a successful 970m install with the new .inf(s) for 358.50?

Doesn't work on m17x r4 980m, im getting power throttling.

*Install drivers at your own risk* Windows 10 + Official 353.62 Drivers are Killing Samsung and LG Notebook LCD Display Panels

INF MOD v358.50

• Win8.1 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'

cmd (Admin)
    bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy
    -> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' -> Install drivers.
  • Extract driver using 7-Zip

nv_dispi.inf (copy nvdmi.inf too) PEG/Dedicated All Models: M15x, M17x, AW17 R1, M18x, AW18 R1 (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX

GeForce 358.50 WHQL

I managed to get the driver to run stable for now, cheers for the assist Bro

I re-installed the driver after deleting the GFE files then restarted right away and now its working, I dunno if its going to remain stable, cause every time I shut down and turn it on (after being off overnight) it seems to start the throttling again.

I am using Starwars battlefront for a benchmark because I already have it installed. But no driver older than 355.67 will allow me to launch the game.

Hi J95,

The driver install keeps failing with the new modded INFs. I'm installing for a 970m, win7, m15x.

Not sure why it's failing.

EDIT: Tried a DDU before hand too. Still getting a fail on the install status.

EDIT 2: From my setupapi.dev log:

"

{DRIVERSTORE_IMPORT_NOTIFY_VALIDATE} 20:55:39.376!!! sto: INF hash is not present in the catalog. Driver package appears to be tampered. Filename = C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\Temp\{50db7426-51c3-168f-cdfa-d5682d36ca0f}\nv_dispi.inf, Error = 0xE000024B

! sto: Driver package appears to be tampered but user wants to install it anyway.

"

EDIT 3: Has anyone had a successful 970m install with the new .inf(s) for 358.50?

I solved my own problem by just copy & pasting the manufacturer hardware strings from one of the older nv_dispi.inf's into J95's new one.

hi guys looking around threw various forums trying to find a good working driver for my alienware 18, I took the 880ms out and upgraded to the gtx 980ms all is up and running but can not find a working modified driver to turn the gpus on. any help will be great. running windows 10 64 bit pure uefi, 32 gig ram 1600, m.2 muskin 120 gb ssd, 2x I tb Seagate momentus in raid 0 media drives.

hi everyone trying to do a upgrade of my gpus in my alienware 18. I have removed the two gtx 88m's and installed the new kit I bought from woodzstack of duel gtx 980m's. here is my problem now. I have ran threw all the pre workings as far as making sure im in pure uefi bios, created a bootable uefi windows 10 usb all booted well and installed. all my windows updates are in and all my drivers. the only thing I can not find is a good driver to get the gpus up and running. I have gone threw several from laptops2go and various other sights with no luck. I either get a cant find compatible hardware, or it starts and fails even with digital sig turned off. frustrated to all crap right now. any help will be greatly appreciated!

after reading threw some of the posts I see that the alienwares seem I have to modify a different inf file. I was modifying the .nvdim one that I got from other forums not the one I see you guys talking about on this thread. could this be my problem with getting the drivers to install??

• J95 pinned this topic