[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

J95

I got a modded inf file for 353.62 win10 driver from laptopvideo2go. The driver installed but there is no Nvidia control panel. Any ideas?

I am not sure if Lee James Wood has a modded win 10 driver but maybe you can try his modded driver from his dropbox he linked a few post back. [MENTION=5647]Lee James Wood[/MENTION] is there a Win 10 driver you made :) ?

Disable DSE, then re-install.

Try my driver : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/46rritxlkhd0270/AAAYLmGI8lonNsXGfH-Rkvmsa?dl=0

(I think your on a M17X-R4, right ?)

And yeah, i have had the same issue. If I were to install without disabling DSE the driver looks like its installed, but really it is not. I also notice you will not get that special EXTRA prompt to "install anyways" when DSE is not disabled.

The only other time I see the clocks go no-where, is when I do the old .INF tricks to the latest driver. There is a new process everytime now, as in, depending on if your card is running in Auto, or SG or PEG/dedicated mode, the hardware ID will be different, depending on that - theres a different file that needs to be modded for each mode, because each mode acts differently. Thats what I have come up to, but I am by far - no means of an expert here. There are people on this forum, who ARE experts at this exact issue.

I'm also having issues with XTU installation. Followed the steps twice but no dice.

I have an M17x R4 with 120Hz and 980m.

For the drivers, I must've tried every single ****ing driver out there and each one is throttling like a bit**! (Nvidia ! the way it's meant to be throttled)

Flashed Prema's 1.1 Vbios -> made matters worse with every driver I could get : 34x.xx - 352.84 - 353.xx

Flashed svl7 vbios -> With wooodzstack 352.84 no throttling for the core at all. As for the memory, it throttles from 2500 to 1600 but I managed to fix it by matching the states P0,P1 -->>>> So no throttling at all :)

However, when I modify the voltage, PT, core. Throttling occurs:grumpy:

Here are my hwids:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15663[/ATTACH]

if you reseated the card carefully and the bios recognizes it perhaps it is just a driver issue. I would follow the steps Lee James Wood outlines in the few posts above. It seems to be the same issue that Scanner is having as well.

driver signing has to be disabled and folow the other steps outlined as well with the modded driver. Lee James Wood provided his dropbox link for users to download his modified drivers. I hope that helps get your system going again

I am not sure if Lee James Wood has a modded win 10 driver but maybe you can try his modded driver from his dropbox he linked a few post back. [MENTION=5647]Lee James Wood[/MENTION] is there a Win 10 driver you made :) ?

These are not Wood's mods, dropbox above v353.17 are laptopvideo2go's. [MENTION=36623]Solo wing[/MENTION]'s post mentioning v352.84 is my inf mod from here http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/6307-%5Balienware%5D-aftermarket-upgrades-driver-support-modded-inf-31.html#post136061

As I said before link my work instead. Some of my mods are not only HWIDs but include specific tweaks. Regarding laptopvideo2go, they surely deserve better...mention their work.

That is a win 10 driver. I use it for installing on windows 10.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there anyone having trouble in 353.62 Driver in optimus mode ? seems that the driver is waking up the GPU and instead using the iGPU ?

Any ideas ?

This sounds exactly like not disabling DSE and installing as admin on windows 10. The GPU would get fully active as if under load, but its using the iGPU. This is where, I have warned people to be careful not to ruin thier videocards.

As I said before link my work instead. Some of my mods are not only HWIDs but include specific tweaks. Regarding laptopvideo2go, they surely deserve better...mention their work.

Yeah theres nothing special about the drivers I linked. They work for some people. ( like 40 people maybe have used them. And about 5 reported they didn't work but I have others I linked after)

The 352.84 was one of your files I threw into the mix as you instructed when i first attempted dedicazted mode, and then i tried a later driver, of going to laptopvideo2go. Seemed both worked. However, I only kept them around because they performed well. I try every driver out there, and some are simply horrible!

I do not even understand why,.

Follow instructions...first install Intel MEI v11.0.0.1157 then reboot and finally install XTU.

I do this as best I can. Two things : 1) I can't get 9.0 to install , thats 2008 visual etc... and by the time i reboot with DSE to install XTU.. it still doesn't install. It acts as if nothing is different.

Hey Guys,

I

I upgraded to win10, and everything seemed to work but the driver won't install. I used the same method I've been using, I put my GPU info (cut and paste) under the win10 column like I would if I using win8.1 then the second id under the card driver section on the bottom. I get message card not supported blah blah. The driver is 353.62. When I installed the win8.1 version no problem.

My info is:

%NVIDIA_DEV.13D7.05AB.1028%=Section146, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&SUBSYS_05AB1028

NVIDIA_DEV.13D7.05AB.1028= "NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980m"

Does something different have to be done?

Thanks for your thoughts.

I got a modded inf file for 353.62 win10 driver from laptopvideo2go. The driver installed but there is no Nvidia control panel. Any ideas?

Run DDU, F8 "DSE". Re-download v353.62 from HERE, install using nv_dispi.inf (PEG) .

- - - Updated - - -

I'm on the fence with upgrading to windows 10.

Quick question DDU still works with win10? And does it disable auto update? I hear there is no way to turn it off in windows 10 :$

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Yep, DDU works fine. Press F8 to boot into Safe Mode.

INF MOD v353.62 Windows 10

• Win10 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'
    cmd (Admin)
    bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

-> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' -> Install drivers.

• Extract driver using 7-Zip
  • Display.Driver folder -> copy/overwrite the proper .inf file
  • Extracted driver package -> run setup.exe

• Thumbs Up 1

These are not Wood's mods, dropbox above v353.17 are laptopvideo2go's. [MENTION=36623]Solo wing[/MENTION]'s post mentioning v352.84 is my inf mod from here http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/6307-%5Balienware%5D-aftermarket-upgrades-driver-support-modded-inf-31.html#post136061

I apologize @J95 and sorry for the off topics. Ill try XTU after work today :)

• Thumbs Up 1

I apologize @J95 and sorry for the off topics. Ill try XTU after work today :)

Not you man...:)

Did you guys disable the windows driver updates?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

@haXBOXpro use this tool to prevent updates https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Disable updates under "Device installation settings". Still, WU won't download Graphics drivers "Aftermarket upgrades" missing/matching HWIDs...;)

Is there anyone having trouble in 353.62 Driver in optimus mode ? seems that the driver is waking up the GPU and instead using the iGPU ?

Any ideas ?

NVCPL -> Manage 3D settings -> set Power Management mode to "Adaptive" (Globally), Program Settings -> add all applications/games and set Power Management mode to "High Performance" / dedicated.

I'm on the fence with upgrading to windows 10.

Quick question DDU still works with win10? And does it disable auto update? I hear there is no way to turn it off in windows 10 :$

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

DDU..sadly I've not seen it work properly yet. (In windows 10)

I'm getting this error but instead of 980 Ti it says 980M, is there anyway of fixing that?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15669[/ATTACH]

Thank you

Uninstall the modded driver from device manager and restart the PC. I had the exact same error when upgrading from 8.1.

Got Win 10 along with all the Drivers installed on my M18Xr2 with dual GTX980m's. Works perfectly apart from locking up on cold boot tho powering it off and turning it on again gets it to boot normally. Dont suppose anyone knows a way to fix that? Its not present on the 350.12 drivers on windows 8.1.

Same problem as miguel. Can't update to 10. Tried to unistall driver...but same problem. Any news?

Uninstall the modded driver from device manager and restart the PC. I had the exact same error when upgrading from 8.1.

Unistalled everything from device manager and using DDU...what am I doing wrong? T_T

Same problem as miguel. Can't update to 10. Tried to unistall driver...but same problem. Any news?

Unistalled everything from device manager and using DDU...what am I doing wrong? T_T

Nothing, all should be good to go. You might want to force Windows to recheck your laptop for Windows 10 compatibility:

Win+X, then a (it will open cmd as admin), paste this:

schtasks.exe /Run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

Hit enter and then open 'get Windows 10' app, it should have a new report waiting and saying you can install windows now. You might need to check for available updates in Windows update.

INF MOD v353.62 Windows 7/8.1

• Win8.1/10 'F8' Boot options 'Safe Mode' & 'Disable driver Signing'
    cmd (Admin)
    bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

-> reboot -> F8 -> select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' -> Install drivers.

• Extract driver using 7-Zip
  • Display.Driver folder -> copy/overwrite the proper .inf file
  • Extracted driver package -> run setup.exe

GeForce 353.62 Win7/8.1

nv_dispi.inf: PEG/Dedicated All Models (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX

nvcvi.inf: Optimus Alienware 17 / 05AA (only) GTX 980M - 970M - 965M

GeForce 353.62 WHQL Win7/8.1

- - - Updated - - -

INF MOD v353.62 Windows 10

Windows 10 v353.62 driver + INF Mod -> HERE <-

Windows 10 Intel XTU FIX HERE

http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/6307-%5Balienware%5D-aftermarket-upgrades-driver-support-modded-inf-54.html#post141270

Warning AW owners...

Windows 10 Upgrade Warning for Alienware Owners | NotebookReview

@All, Windows 10 & v353.62 has blown out four Samsung display panels -> AW18, M18xR2, AW17 <- Please uninstall current driver (DDU/Clean & Shutdown) and install v352.84 from here http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/6307-%5Balienware%5D-aftermarket-upgrades-driver-support-modded-inf-31.html#post136061

Win7/8.1 users please install previous version 353.49 as a precaution, from here http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/6307-%5Balienware%5D-aftermarket-upgrades-driver-support-modded-inf-45.html#post138999

Samsung LCD displays:

Alienware 18 R1 , M18xR1, M18xR2, Alienware 17 R1 60Hz & 120Hz (Samsung & AUO), M17xR4 120Hz...

Please post your concerns here Windows 10 + Official 353.62 Drivers Has Killed Three Samsung LCD Displays

• Thumbs Up 1

Nothing, all should be good to go. You might want to force Windows to recheck your laptop for Windows 10 compatibility:

Win+X, then a (it will open cmd as admin), paste this:

schtasks.exe /Run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

Hit enter and then open 'get Windows 10' app, it should have a new report waiting and saying you can install windows now. You might need to check for available updates in Windows update.

unfortunately it didn't work..... I don't understand why.... :( It doesn't seem to do nothing at all..post-32148-14495000619631_thumb.png ( I have windows 8.1)

EDIT

I did it!!!!! Windows 10!!! ^ ^ ( <code>wuauclt.exe /updatenow)</code>

excuse me, i got my alienware m7xr3 upgraded to gtx 770m...when im instaling the driver that you say in the older post "347.11 for alienware gtx 780" im already copy the .inf file on the display.driver replace the old one and when i tried to install the driver its says "failed to instal nvidia driver"... so i tried to google it "how to fix failed instal nvidia driver" they got 2 method and i tried two of them and its useless... at the first method they i go download "display driver uninstaller" when i open the progam its ask me for safe mode and i wipe all my display driver... and i reinstal the driver and its still failed... so i tried the second method it say "manual driver instalation using "device manager" i press "update driver software" and brows to the "display.driver" folder and tried to instal it manualy when the loading bar finish it say "already have the best driver for its hardware" lol... so now im asking for help...and the dxdiag wont detect the display card and driver

alienware m17xr3

intel i7 2670qm

8gb ram

gtx 770m

windows 7 home premium

at bios a12 sata unlock i change the

-advanced > video setting > primary display to PEG "theres no PNG it just PEG SG GFX"

-audio hd > disabled "when i enable this audio hd after the windows 7 loading logo it goes blank

-theres no integrated display to enable and disable at the advanced tab theres just a "internal Graphic Display"

Thanks

• J95 pinned this topic