[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

J95

I was told the cards I have are missing the SM to properly have a accurate read out of ASIC, but I have been reassured they are made with 98% ASIC as a standard practice.

How important is this information, and what exactly does it mean, for you ? How will it help?

i am on 347.52 , is the new 353.38 stable and recommended ?

9xxM v350.12 & 353.00

7xxM v344.75 & v344.80.

Next time include hardware specification.

I was told the cards I have are missing the SM to properly have a accurate read out of ASIC, but I have been reassured they are made with 98% ASIC as a standard practice.

How important is this information, and what exactly does it mean, for you ? How will it help?

Information relevant to firmware development, benefiting everyone. I can guarantee this, fact...:)

@J95, with a stock vbios my GPU voltage is 1.050v. I'll grab a screenshot of my ASIC quality when I am at home.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Please include the render test as shown HERE

My ASIC score. I do know my 980M uses 1.050v at full clocks using the stock cos i remember testing it with a few games. but give me a few minutes so I can take a screenshot.

Nice, please try running the render test.

Edit: @thegh0sts I need stock vbios 3D voltage reading.

This is the one I sent you, right Ghost ? Pretty good score. I had a buyer once who spent like 20+ messages back and forth insisting I test the cards and only send him if it was 65% minimum.

I was pretty sure, they were all decent. I wonder if there is a way to check this without GPU-Z

My ASIC score. I do know my 980M uses 1.050v at full clocks using the stock cos i remember testing it with a few games. but give me a few minutes so I can take a screenshot.

yc9a7um.png

ASIC quality (no difference between stock and svl7's vBIOS)

uiAl5JQ.png

Render Test with stock vBIOS

c490qMQ.png

This is the one I sent you, right Ghost ? Pretty good score. I had a buyer once who spent like 20+ messages back and forth insisting I test the cards and only send him if it was 65% minimum.

I was pretty sure, they were all decent. I wonder if there is a way to check this without GPU-Z

yes it is. it requires a bit of a kick in the voltage department when OCi'ing but it does the job.

• Thumbs Up 1

little voltage never hurt anyone, riiight ?

for my GPU it's really a +25mv boost and i don't think that's overdoing it. i think my 980m is stuck below the 1300MHz mark even if i bumped the voltage to 1.1v so i think the current clocks i have will do.

for my GPU it's really a +25mv boost and i don't think that's overdoing it. i think my 980m is stuck below the 1300MHz mark even if i bumped the voltage to 1.1v so i think the current clocks i have will do.

For the time being...:D

Which is decent, this makes it like as powerful as the desktop version really.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I could test a whole bunch of them, if i tried. But, what does the values really mean, for you J95. How does it help you ?

I could literally ask a few hundred people I've sold too, what their's is. I think I will ask a few at least, maybe direct them to this thread, to help, but would be easier if i knew how it helps, really.

Which is decent, this makes it like as powerful as the desktop version really.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I could test a whole bunch of them, if i tried. But, what does the values really mean, for you J95. How does it help you ?

I could literally ask a few hundred people I've sold too, what their's is. I think I will ask a few at least, maybe direct them to this thread, to help, but would be easier if i knew how it helps, really.

Please do so. This will help @Prema a great deal, crucial information, Sorry, I can't explain further than that.

Well here is what I have...

post-13957-14495000461697_thumb.png

On a side note, Win 10 Insider Preview (at least Build 10162) isn't playing nice with Prema mod. Driver crashes pretty much constantly, and once I power off and reboot I either get a blank display or white artifacts after Windows starts up. Flashing back to stock vbios seems to fix it.

post-13957-14495000461246_thumb.png

Higher or lower ASIC doesn't mean much in terms of real world usage.

This is by no means a 'bigger is better' contest. :D

It is influential only really for the interaction between vBIOS and Chip. It helps to cover the biggest possible range of GPUs. Simply too many where complying about too high stock voltage on the Mods...need to find the sweet spot/middle ground.

Thanks@Everyone to help us fine-tuning! :)

@tony7755333 Your 70.2% card was not being taxed to 3D voltage during that screenshot...

Hey guys, I need some help.

I recently installed Windows 10 Insider preview (Build 10162) to test out 3DMark's DX 12 bench.

However After installing drivers (I tried J95's 353.38 and 352.84) on my 980M, if I do a full reboot (shut down->startup again) I get either a blank display or flashing artifacts with no hint of a proper image being rendered.

Strangely enough, everything is fine and dandy as long as I don't fully power off after installing drivers (Even the reboot option in Windows works fine since power is never cut).

I was wondering if anybody experienced anything similar before, and has any tips. I know this is a niche problem right now but with the proper release of Windows 10 a few weeks away I'm rather worried about compatibility.

here's mine, there's 2 problems:

- i cant "render test" both gpus (SLI), whenever windowed test or fullscreen test, only primary gpu is working, the other one is having rest time

- my machine misidentified primary GPU for GPU#1 and secondary for #0, not a big problem but i wonder wth happened, well since 680m-ism time long ago

VDDC is 1.05v during render test (main GPU), ASIC quality is 71.3% and 66.5%

post-1756-14495000472546_thumb.jpg

post-1756-14495000473017_thumb.jpg

• J95 pinned this topic