[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

J95

@J95

Thank you so much! Throttling is gone for now. I really don't understand this stuff. When I started out a couple of days ago. I didn't have these issues. The more I played with it the worst it got. I don't mind playing around with setting and trying things but it really is weird when you can't get back to a good baseline.

I'll be donating you some cash today or tomorrow! Big thanks! Do you have any tips for pushing it more? Or should I be happy with that? Plus I'm still waiting on my second heatsink for the other beast and I hope I don't mess anything up on that one hahaha

Things of note running it without the OC still had throttling. First pass was good at 7420. Second pass 1290. OC first pass was 8504 second was 8550 so I am hopeful things are good to go. I'll be calling it a day in a few so I'll update if I get any major issues. Also before I noticed that when I had my ext monitor pluged in I got a much worse throttling issue.

Thanks Again

No problem man, find out max stable oc using stock voltage. Set P0 core & vram and then match vram "P1", leave P1 core to 1127 MHz (gaming), benching will hold vram but not core/1127 MHz.

This will work for 350.12, but will not work for me with 345.20 drivers. Since I cannot use 350.12 I had to find a different workaround. With 345.20, I can overwrite the profile .BIN files in Safe Mode, but apparently the Windows Repository replaces them when I reboot, because the old versions keep coming back upon reboot. If I delete them from the repository, then there are no profiles accessible in NVCP. The only way I could do it without the PeeForce Cancer Experience is to install 352.86 over the top of 345.20 (no DDU cleaning), reboot with DSE disabled and then go into Device Manager and manually select 345.20. Since the only game I have that is not covered in the new game profiles is Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, it doesn't really make any difference for me one way or the other. I am not planning to purchase GTA V or The Witcher 3 until they can be purchased for $20 or less. I am not a huge fan of either genre... much prefer FPS. What did work was exporting 352.86 profiles for those games as NVIDIA Inspector .NIP files and importing them into a clean 345.20 installation. So, that might be an option that will work for some folks.

Then import the base profile (all games), it should work like reverting to v345.20. Agreed $59 The Witcher 3 Beta & Alpha drivers guinea pigs...

post-3012-14495000111499_thumb.png

- - - Updated - - -

[MENTION=119]Mr. Fox[/MENTION]

Base Profile.zip

GeForce 353.00 PEG MOD

*Install drivers at your own risk* Windows 10 + GeForce Drivers are Killing Samsung and LG Notebook LCD Display Panels

nv_dispi.inf: PEG/Dedicated All Models (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX

nvcvi.inf: Optimus Alienware 17 / 05AA (only) GTX 980M - 970M - 965M

• Download -> GeForce 353.00 PEG MOD.rar <-
  • Extract driver package using 7-Zip
  • Display.Driver folder -> copy/overwrite nv_dispi.inf -> run setup.exe -> don't reboot yet <-
  • NV Inspector -> Driver Profile Settings -> Import User Defined Profiles -> Import (replace) all driver profiles (Nvidia text format) -> Full_Profiles_11_v353.00.txt

cWsgPhg.png

• NV Inspector -> restore current profile to Nvidia defaults -> reboot

ZWIgKXR.png

• Open NVCPL -> Manage 3D settings -> Set High Performance etc...
  • NV Inspector -> P0/P1 matching -> Copy nvidiaInspector folder and included batch files to C:\ root directory ( Single/980M_Single_GPU_NVI...zip or SLI/980M_SLI_NVI...zip)

Stock 1127/2505 P0/P1 or 1127/2705 P0/P1 (vram OCing - check stability)

zS4PoDH.png

• Task scheduler -> import task .xml -> one task at a time...:D or disable current task or edit task/Actions (System tasks/hidden command prompt window).

02kvNwv.png

GeForce 353.00 PEG MOD >latest profiles<

Update: Full_Profiles_11_v353.00.txt (no need to reinstall drivers)

nv_dispi.inf_v353.00_AW_PEG_GTX_980M_970M_965M.zip

Full_Profiles_11_v353.00.txt.zip

Full_Profiles_10_v353.00.txt.zip

Full_Profiles_9_v353.00.txt.zip

Full_Profiles_8_v353.00.txt.zip

Full_Profiles_7_v353.00.txt.zip

Full_Profiles_6_v353.00.txt.zip

Full_Profiles_5_v353.00.txt.zip

980M_Single_GPU_NVI_Task_bat.zip

980M_SLI_NVI_Task_bat.zip

• Thumbs Up 4

Well I followed the steps you said but it's still not working, it's actually even glitchier now. As soon as the NVIDIA drivers install I get static all over my screen and it'll crash shortly after. Uninstalling/Entering safe mode both immediately fix it. I'm at a real loss now, any ideas for what can be done?

@J95

Man you are awesome!

I went into safe mode DDU the old video drivers (clean and shutdown) Then shut off driver signature > GeForce 353.00 Hotfix unziped added yourINF MOD v353.00

Here are the results

post-35724-14495000112429_thumb.png

I ran it twice, scores were 8491 and 8439. There is no throttling and I have no OC. It "seemed" to be alot smoother overall. A definite walk in the right direction!

• Thumbs Up 1

Yep, try v344.75. WinZip should work fine

- - - Updated - - -

GeForce 350.12 WHQL

• Game Ready
  • Best gaming experience for Grand Theft Auto V, including support for SLI technology and GeForce Experience one-click optimizations.
    INF MOD v350.12
    nv_dispi.inf: PEG/Dedicated All Models except 2015 ->900M P1 Switching/throttling removed - MOD Included<- & Optimus/M17xR4 - GTX 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX
    GeForce 350.12 WHQL

Hi all. I'm on an AW M17xR4, using optimus and the modded nv_dispi.inf. Everything installs fine, but when using the card I still get throttling/P1 switching issues. J95, switching in your .inf alone supposed to fix the throttling problem, or was there something else I was supposed to do in addition?

Update:

Same problem with the 353.00 inf. Also noticed that when throttling sets in, fps is capped to 30 and nvidia inspector shows PS_FRAMERATE_LIMITER_FPS_30 set on the global profile; maybe this isn't the same throttling that occurs without the inf mod, as that doesn't seem to have a framerate cap? The cap also persists until reboot; if I close the "throttled" application and change the frame rate limiter setting in nvidia inspector back to off, then reopen the application, the cap is still there but the second time 0xA000003C shows up in nvidia inspector, and "frame rate monitor control" gets set to PS_FRAMERATE_MONITOR_CTRL_OPTIMAL_SETTING.

I'm at a loss, does anybody have any ideas on any of this?

Well I followed the steps you said but it's still not working, it's actually even glitchier now. As soon as the NVIDIA drivers install I get static all over my screen and it'll crash shortly after. Uninstalling/Entering safe mode both immediately fix it. I'm at a real loss now, any ideas for what can be done?

Check thermal pad placement, most people are doing this wrong (still). The proper thickness to fill the gaps between the heatsink and the GPU components.

@1481/2961 without removing the the back cover.

BIOS Full UEFI "Legacy Option ROM" Disabled.

EDIT:

I get static all over my screen and it'll crash shortly after.

Try reseating the card a few times (2 screws only) If it still fails return the card asap.

@J95

Man you are awesome!

I went into safe mode DDU the old video drivers (clean and shutdown) Then shut off driver signature > GeForce 353.00 Hotfix unziped added yourINF MOD v353.00

Here are the results

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14989[/ATTACH]

I ran it twice, scores were 8491 and 8439. There is no throttling and I have no OC. It "seemed" to be alot smoother overall. A definite walk in the right direction!

It's not fixed, installing v350.00 resets the card the same way v344.75 does, basically allowing OCing until shutdown. Keep P-states matching.

Hi all. I'm on an AW M17xR4, using optimus and the modded nv_dispi.inf. Everything installs fine, but when using the card I still get throttling/P1 switching issues. J95, switching in your .inf alone supposed to fix the throttling problem, or was there something else I was supposed to do in addition?

Update:

Same problem with the 353.00 inf. Also noticed that when throttling sets in, fps is capped to 30 and nvidia inspector shows PS_FRAMERATE_LIMITER_FPS_30 set on the global profile; maybe this isn't the same throttling that occurs without the inf mod, as that doesn't seem to have a framerate cap? The cap also persists until reboot; if I close the "throttled" application and change the frame rate limiter setting in nvidia inspector back to off, then reopen the application, the cap is still there but the second time 0xA000003C shows up in nvidia inspector, and "frame rate monitor control" gets set to PS_FRAMERATE_MONITOR_CTRL_OPTIMAL_SETTING.

I'm at a loss, does anybody have any ideas on any of this?

Like above Flash -> Prema's latest vBIOS MOD v1.1 (consider donating to him) -> , Unlocked sBIOS -> "PEG/Dedicated mode" -> uninstall drivers w/ DDU "Clean and Shutdown" & "Disable driver signing"

@ALL Complete Guide

1- Keep these sub-folders, delete the rest. Display.Driver -> copy/overwrite nv_dispi.inf -> run setup.exe -> clean install option -> Once Installed, close dialog -> Install GFE standalone installer v2.4.3.31Download GeForce Experience | NVIDIA | GeForce -> reboot

jTniwHC.png

2- GFE Installed, set BatteryBoost to 60 FPS and then disable it -> GameStream -> "Do not Stream" -> General -> Uncheck all -> Close GFE.

M5KYaYW.png

3- NV Inspector -> "Frame Rate limiter OFF" -> set custom settings -> Hit apply twice -> "export current profile only" -> name it "NVI_FPS.nip" -> File associations, set .nip / NV Inspector.

M3eYRlX.png

3.1- NV Inspector directory "C:\nvidiaInspector\NVI_FPS.nip"

3.2- Create a .bat file to import the custom profile.

start "" "C:\nvidiaInspector\NVI_FPS.nip"
timeout /T 2
taskkill /im nvidiaInspector.exe
exit

3.3- Create a task to run the .bat at logon. General, "check run with the highest privileges" -> Triggers, delay task for 20 seconds -> Actions, browse .bat -> Conditions, Uncheck all -> Settings, uncheck "Stop the task if it runs longer than...."

vGOsM6E.png

4- Set GFE streamer service to "manual".

pKnd1PQ.png

5- "P-states matching" -> Nvidia Inspector -> Performance Level [2] (P1) -> "Unlock Max" -> set core 1127 MHz -> vram 2505 MHz (OCing match P0) -> apply -> right click "create clock shortcut" -> "Create clock startup task" -> Done.

6Q38hIE.png

6- Test max stable OC using stock voltage, mine @1262

This will hold both core & vram (gaming), benching only after "resetting" the card e.g. installing v350.12 -> uninstalling w/DDU -> reinstalling v353.00.

P0 24/7 OC @1228/2933, P1 core @1127 / vram @2933 -> both startup tasks.

iIYIql7.png

- - - Updated - - -

After applying the tweaks above...icons loading correctly...;)

HW acceleration enabled.

CkUUXTH.png

@Mickyd1234 (Clevo) full DSR options. First uninstall current drivers w/ DDU (disable driver signing), extract v353.00 / delete sub-folders (above), Display.Driver copy/overwrite both nv_dispi.inf & nvcvi.inf from HERE -> "clean install option" close installer dialog -> GFE standalone installer -> reboot.

• Thumbs Up 3

@Mickyd1234 (Clevo) full DSR options. First uninstall current drivers w/ DDU (disable driver signing), extract v353.00 / delete sub-folders (above), Display.Driver copy/overwrite both nv_dispi.inf & nvcvi.inf from HERE -> "clean install option" close installer dialog -> GFE standalone installer -> reboot.
Thanks very much for that man :78: ! Before I go through it can you let me know just what I am 'fixing'? It works for Mr Fox on his 980m sli clevo so I was wondering if I just need to wait out the official release of mobile DSR? I don't want to be into modified ini files every driver release and since NV never mentioned DSR in the hotfix I assume that we just got the code that they are still working on?

Cheers ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

GeForce 353.06 WHQL

Best gaming experience for Heroes of the Storm
    INF MOD v353.06
    nv_dispi.inf: PEG/Dedicated All Models (including Optimus/M17xR4) excluding AW 2015 - GTX 980M , 970M , 965M , 880M , 870M , 860M , 780M , 770M , 765M , 680M , 675MX , 670MX
    GeForce 353.06 WHQL

*900M* driver regression, core throttling 135~400 MHz, vram P-states matching (only). Unfortunately NV messed up really bad, it seems that Kepler wasn't enough, testing our patience...rather than drivers itself (980 Ti release). Voice your opinions here Official NVIDIA 353.06 WHQL Game Ready Display Driver Feedback Thread

I have very little spare time, I'll try to work around it...shady business practices by Nvidia!

Feedback please, AW17/M17x Optimus mode & M18xR2?

nv_dispi.inf_v353.06_AW_PEG_GTX_980M_970M_965M_880M_870M_860M_780M_770M_765M_680M_675MX_670MX.zip

nvcvi.inf_v353.06_Optimus_Alienware_17_GTX_980M_970M_965M.zip

• Thumbs Up 6

Im sorry that my current version of 3dmark can not do that( im using the free version), but running games seems pretty solid compare to the old driver.

My 980m is fine (like previous drivers), I've already fixed it. Still, before posting this I need GPU-Z logs, try Heaven or Valley benchmarks to confirm 1127/2505 and gaming logging (5min), the latter should hold OCing using stock voltage.

- - - Updated - - -

Feedback please.. @mariussx , @TomJGX , @HaloTechnology

Including AW17, M17xR4 Optimus & >120Hz<

hi, I upgraded the drive to nvidia 353.06 and made test

obtaining a good result.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3740QM Processor,Alienware M17xR4

I have a problem I do not have HDMI video output from nVidia 980 M, have ideas about?

PS: I did a test, if you switch the integrated card (FN + F7) and HDMI ports NVIDIA return available.

It depends on the drive?

hi, I upgraded the drive to nvidia 353.06 and made test

obtaining a good result.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3740QM Processor,Alienware M17xR4

I have a problem I do not have HDMI video output from nVidia 980 M, have ideas about?

PS: I did a test, if you switch the integrated card (FN + F7) and HDMI ports NVIDIA return available.

It depends on the drive?

Optimus...

PEG is broken, Prema's vbios behaves like v1.0 -> v353.06 -> v353.12 Driver regression

LOG 1 - Prema 1228/2933 -> P-states matched core 1126/2933

LOG 2 - svl7 P-states matched 1203/2905 1.037v

LOG 3 - svl7 'Initial workaround' -> P-states matched 1127/2905 1.0v

Fuck nvidia!

LOG_1.txt

LOG_2.txt

LOG_3.txt

Firestrike with the new drivers (1.156V):

Thanks, try posting "View run details" 3dmark's autosave.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15089[/ATTACH]

I can't mark GPU clock and CPU memory clock like you did in Run details. I am guessing this might be caused by Optimus. Both options are greyed out for me. I ran Heaven first as per your advise and the card did not throttle in Firestrike even the first time. Thank you for keeping us up to date with the latest drivers and great advises.

post-16277-14495000217652_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Optimus...

PEG is broken, Prema's vbios behaves like v1.0 -> v353.06 -> v353.12 Driver regression

LOG 1 - Prema 1228/2933 -> P-states matched core 1126/2933

LOG 2 - svl7 P-states matched 1203/2905 1.037v

LOG 3 - svl7 'Initial workaround' -> P-states matched 1127/2905 1.0v

Fuck nvidia!

Yes, my Alienware is M17x - R4 intel Core i7-3740QM BIOS A12 Dell, mode UEFI with Windows 8.1.

I have replaced the motherboard last week under warranty, (I had bribed the bios trying to install the BIOS A11 unlocked), luckily it was still under warranty.

before that I would replace the motherboard had the HDMI with the GTX 980M, when they sent me back I reassembled the PC card GTX 980M and updated drives to 353.06, and now I can use the HDMI only if I use the integrated card (FN + F7 ).

According to you what it depends on?

I upgraded the drive I replaced both files nv_dispi.inf and nvcvi.inf modded, is it correct ?

• Thumbs Up 1

Firestrike with the new drivers (1.156V):

I can't mark GPU clock and CPU memory clock like you did in Run details. I am guessing this might be caused by Optimus. Both options are greyed out for me. I ran Heaven first as per your advise and the card did not throttle in Firestrike even the first time. Thank you for keeping us up to date with the latest drivers and great advises.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15122[/ATTACH]

Thanks man, Optimus/AWs are still fine then.,,PEG mod below should work dedicated or Optimus using nv_dispi.inf

Yes, my Alienware is M17x - R4 intel Core i7-3740QM BIOS A12 Dell, mode UEFI with Windows 8.1.

I have replaced the motherboard last week under warranty, (I had bribed the bios trying to install the BIOS A11 unlocked), luckily it was still under warranty.

before that I would replace the motherboard had the HDMI with the GTX 980M, when they sent me back I reassembled the PC card GTX 980M and updated drives to 353.06, and now I can use the HDMI only if I use the integrated card (FN + F7 ).

According to you what it depends on?

I upgraded the drive I replaced both files nv_dispi.inf and nvcvi.inf modded, is it correct ?

Try uninstalling drivers w/ DDU "Clean and shutdown" option...Optimus M17xR4 install nv_dispi.inf only, nvcvi.inf is for Alienware 17/Optimus

How do I donate so i can download these modified drivers?

5 quality posts or T|I Elite Membership and get immediate download access.

- - - Updated - - -

GeForce 353.06 PEG MOD >Throttling FIX<

I'm basically using v353.00 Kernel driver & nvapi, this will hold gaming 'OC' both core & vram 24/7. Benchmarks until shutdown, then it will drop core @1127, 'P-states matching' vram using NV Inspector 'startup task' P0 set core clock max stable OC using stock voltage, P1 set core @1127 as shown below. Installing this mod resets the card, therefore benching without throttling...enduring multiple reboots if necessary.

>v353.06 Regular mod< @1228/2933 stock voltage - Valley Extreme HD preset - >Right v353.06 PEG mod<

4QPZLPXh.png

e.g. P0 @1228/2933 -> P1 @1127/2933 >startup tasks<

iIYIql7.png

Thanks man, Optimus/AWs are still fine then.,,PEG mod below should work dedicated or Optimus using nv_dispi.inf

Try uninstalling drivers w/ DDU "Clean and shutdown" option...Optimus M17xR4 install nv_dispi.inf only, nvcvi.inf is for Alienware 17/Optimus

5 quality posts or T|I Elite Membership and get immediate download access.

- - - Updated - - -

GeForce 353.06 PEG MOD >Throttling FIX<

I'm basically using v353.00 Kernel driver & nvapi, this will hold gaming 'OC' both core & vram 24/7. Benchmarks until shutdown, then it will drop core @1127, 'P-states matching' vram using NV Inspector 'startup task' P0 set core clock max stable OC using stock voltage, P1 set core @1127 as shown below. Installing this mod resets the card, therefore benching without throttling...enduring multiple reboots if necessary.

>v353.06 Regular mod< @1228/2933 stock voltage - Valley Extreme HD preset - >Right v353.06 PEG mod<

4QPZLPXh.png

e.g. P0 @1228/2933 -> P1 @1127/2933 >startup tasks<

iIYIql7.png

This is just a temporary fix, so please keep posting here Official NVIDIA 353.06 WHQL Game Ready Display Driver Feedback Thread

so i take a vanilla version of the 353.06 driver, overwrite it with @Prema's PEG MOD and then dump in your nv_dispi.inf?

though i want to see if i can run a 980M in dedicated mode on my AW17.

Switch to dedicated and then install using nv_dispi.inf. Better stick w/ the regular mod, PEG Mod lacks Optimus files.

Switch to dedicated and then install using nv_dispi.inf. Better stick w/ the regular mod, PEG Mod lacks Optimus files.

oh ok, so i just take a vanilla 353.06 and dump in the two modded INF files? is the clock throttling only in SLI or does it appear in single GPU systems? i haven't seen drops in optimus mode.

• J95 pinned this topic