[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

J95

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, is there a modded .inf file for the Clevo 880m for M17x R4?

Device ID :

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1198&SUBSYS_05801028

Welcome to T|I.

Here you go (v340.52) http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/6307-%5Balienware%5D-aftermarket-upgrades-driver-support-modded-inf-5.html#post100378

I recommend to install v337.88 (v340.52 performance issues) http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/6307-%5Balienware%5D-aftermarket-upgrades-driver-support-modded-inf.html#post93411

Previous card AMD 7970M? if so uninstall drivers using DDU (safe mode) third option 'Clean and Shutdown'.

Win8, remember to disable driver signing before installing drivers.

Welcome to T|I.

Here you go (v340.52) http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/6307-%5Balienware%5D-aftermarket-upgrades-driver-support-modded-inf-5.html#post100378

I recommend to install v337.88 (v340.52 performance issues) http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/6307-%5Balienware%5D-aftermarket-upgrades-driver-support-modded-inf.html#post93411

Previous card AMD 7970M? if so uninstall drivers using DDU (safe mode) third option 'Clean and Shutdown'.

Win8, remember to disable driver signing before installing drivers.

Thank you for that. I have a question. you said you recommend installing v337.88 does that mean i can't install any other updates?

Thank you for that. I have a question. you said you recommend installing v337.88 does that mean i can't install any other updates?

You can read all about it here (severe throttling) Nvidia crippling the gtx 880ms with there new drivers (look for a nvidia response

http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware/6705-gtx-880m-8go-m17x-r4-120hz-3d-screen-problem.html

If you're not planning on doing any overclocking (TDRs) and you're able to keep the card cool enough then you might get lucky, otherwise the 780M is a better option...or once refunded wait a couple of weeks for Maxwell 980M, same price range. Speculation http://cdn.videocardz.com/1/2014/09/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-980M-GTX-970M-Fire-Strike.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

J95 could you help me? I was wondering what this modded WHQL driver provides? I have been installing the latest updates via geforce experience on my 880m and they seem to install properly, does this driver work better on the 880m vs the stock one through GE driver updates? Using Windows 7 so no driver signature blocks...

J95 could you help me? I was wondering what this modded WHQL driver provides? I have been installing the latest updates via geforce experience on my 880m and they seem to install properly, does this driver work better on the 880m vs the stock one through GE driver updates? Using Windows 7 so no driver signature blocks...

Only 980m and 970m are listed, still all the sections are complete. I've done some testing, encoding, decoding, benching and gaming (Win10) and had zero issues as opposed to v344.11 TDRs / BSODs. So a beta win10/technical preview driver is coming soon.

I don't know if it works better on the 880M, try it out. All 17" and 18" are included.

My installation folder -> NV Inspector 1.9.7.3 & Afterburner 4.0.0 :D

post-3012-14494998489645_thumb.png

Default. GeForce Experience update v16.13.56.0

post-3012-14494998489863_thumb.png

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

J95, please help.

I actually have the problems as lot of guys here on topic.

I have AW M18X R2 with two 675M sli, Win7 ult,

I bought two 880M from eurocom, seller send me a kit for Clevo instead of AW with uncompatible heatsinks.( blue cards P370L clevo as I understand). Their technician Kevin doesn't provide any good assistance.

First couple of days cards work fine but with such lags as spontaneous Fps losses for 5-7 minutes, like the cards were stressed.

then I got just black screen but see the systems loading.

What correct drivers I should install, and I do need unlocked Bios for it.

Also I think it's better to renew vBios for cards because reinstalled are for Clevo.

thank you in advance and appreciate your help.

J95, please help.

I actually have the problems as lot of guys here on topic.

I have AW M18X R2 with two 675M sli, Win7 ult,

I bought two 880M from eurocom, seller send me a kit for Clevo instead of AW with uncompatible heatsinks.( blue cards P370L clevo as I understand). Their technician Kevin doesn't provide any good assistance.

First couple of days cards work fine but with such lags as spontaneous Fps losses for 5-7 minutes, like the cards were stressed.

then I got just black screen but see the systems loading.

What correct drivers I should install, and I do need unlocked Bios for it.

Also I think it's better to renew vBios for cards because reinstalled are for Clevo.

thank you in advance and appreciate your help.

Hi there, install driver v337.88 here the 675M heat sinks will work just fine, thermal pad layout (0.5mm or 1mm) http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m17x-aw-17/7946-mx17-r4-675m-upgrade-880m-test-problem.html#post108871

All cards from eurocom are Clevo AFAIK, Clevo cards work fine, I mean 680M/780M. The 880M...well, that's an entirely different story, you might get lucky though (unlocked vBIOS). The other option is to return the cards (wrong kit) and get a pair of 780Ms which will work much better and you'll be able to OC the hell out them using svl7's & Johnksss' unlocked vBIOS.

• Thumbs Up 1

GeForce 344.48

R3/780M 120Hz and R4s with LGD02C5 screens. This driver v344.48 is simply not compatible with our screens. DSR doesn't yet support mobile cards, still it messes up monitor profiles on some unsupported systems (120Hz). Even desktop 120Hz/144Hz and G-Sync monitors reported several issues.

Feedback appreciated...

nvdmi.inf_v344.48_AW_M17xR2_R3_R4_M18xR1_R2_GTX_680M_780M_880M.zip

nvdmi.inf_v344.48_AW_M18xR1_R2_GTX_680M_780M_880M_SLI.zip

• Thumbs Up 1

J95,thank you for assist.

As for your advice to return kit and get 780M, I hope I could do it, but still I would like to mke it work with the 880's and just for info I don't actually plan to OC cards.

Do I need an unlocked vBios if I don't use OC or I can use stock vBios?

Regards,Egor.

Dear,J95.

Today spent a full day working on laptop.

Make every step as described.

I have even installed clear windows 7 to sure everything is OK.

But my hopes crashed.

After installing drivers(as listed above- unpack the archive with drivers, paste the .inf file instead of original)

I try to reboot and then have dark screen.

The device manager(before installing VGA drivers) shows first adapter normally and the second one with the yellow triange with exclamation mark.

Bios shows two GTX880 adapters.

After resetting options to PEG and IGP enabled there is dark screen and I can't even open Bios menu.

How do you think that is all about faulty second card?

One card works fine.

J95, yes the heatsinks I have are original m18x heatsinks and they properly covered all the components.

Sli cable is connected and it is good.

Before installing drivers device manager at control panel showed the first card is working properly, the second was stopped because of errors.

J95, yes the heatsinks I have are original m18x heatsinks and they properly covered all the components.

Sli cable is connected and it is good.

Before installing drivers device manager at control panel showed the first card is working properly, the second was stopped because of errors.

Run DDU (safe mode) third option 'Clean and Shutdown'.

Try reseating the second card and clean the gold connectors with lint-free cloth. Install driver v337.88, Win8 disable driver signing before installing drivers.

• 2 weeks later...
R3/780M 120Hz and R4s with LGD02C5 screens. This driver v344.48 is simply not compatible with our screens. DSR doesn't yet support mobile cards, still it messes up monitor profiles on some unsupported systems (120Hz). Even desktop 120Hz/144Hz and G-Sync monitors reported several issues.

GeForce 344.60 WHQL

nvdmi.inf_v344.60_AW_M17xR2_R3_R4_M18xR1_R2_GTX_680M_780M_880M.zip

nvdmi.inf_v344.60_AW_M18xR1_R2_GTX_680M_780M_880M_SLI.zip

• Thumbs Up 1

hey guys, hey J95

I'm going to upgrade (and it's my first attempt ever) my M17X R4 from 660M to 780M.. the laptop has the 240 adapter and 3 pipes heatsink (should be the 100w)

the 780M comes from an experienced IT guy that used it on a M15 and he says it's already flashed with a "techinferno VBIOS"

so AFAIK it should be a straightforward install, hardware wise (right?)

while on software, can you please tell me if I got it right?

1) disable optimus (boot fn+f5)

2) swap card

3) boot and follow the procedure detailed in this thread's first post (updated to the latest nvidia driver set)

please let me know if I'm missing something! thanks!

Hi J95. Long time no speak.

Q: you say driver v344.48 is not compatible with our screens. I have an R3/780M/120Hz

Same goes for this driver 344.60?

Thanks-

Hi man. It's fixed with v344.65, "game ready driver" BS, 120Hz/144Hz screwed monitor profiles/blank screen.

hey guys, hey J95

I'm going to upgrade (and it's my first attempt ever) my M17X R4 from 660M to 780M.. the laptop has the 240 adapter and 3 pipes heatsink (should be the 100w)

the 780M comes from an experienced IT guy that used it on a M15 and he says it's already flashed with a "techinferno VBIOS"

so AFAIK it should be a straightforward install, hardware wise (right?)

while on software, can you please tell me if I got it right?

1) disable optimus (boot fn+f5)

2) swap card

3) boot and follow the procedure detailed in this thread's first post (updated to the latest nvidia driver set)

please let me know if I'm missing something! thanks!

Use this inf instead, here you go http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m17x-aw-17/6688-m17xr4-upgrade-gpu-gtx780m.html#post91201

GeForce 344.65 WHQL

nvdmi.inf_v344.65_AW_M17xR2_R3_R4_M18xR1_R2_GTX_680M_780M_880M.zip

nvdmi.inf_v344.65_AW_M18xR1_R2_GTX_680M_780M_880M_SLI.zip

• Thumbs Up 4

Thanks for your work. I'm running on the 344.65 drivers ATM. Everything works fine only problem so far is that programs like Xilisoft video converter ultimate cant detect my 880m and says that I have no cuda compatible cards. Any Ideas?

Hi there, try this.

CUDA NVCUVENC MOD.

• J95 pinned this topic