[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

J95

J95, what changed and what these mod nv_dispi.inf?

can do the mod. driver 349.65 for GTX 880M? Thank you.

Win10 TP driver. Install AW OSD then switch to dedicated mode and disable driver signing before installing drivers.

Here's something I can't seem to figure out J95, I'm using your 347.52 Mod to do overclocking but I'm still using nvdmi.inf that I've had to mod myself to get my 980m to work.

Every driver I try doesn't seem to work with the nvdispi, or the other modded files you provide. My computer boots but it hangs shortly after boot, I have to quickly reboot with advanced options to get Safe mode to remove drivers.

I've had this problem with the modified BIOS for overclocking and without, doesn't seem to matter. Somewhere in there as well I lost the ability to switch from dedicated to Optimus so I've left the system in optimus. If I leave the system with NVidia drivers modified using nvdmi.inf my system runs stable and seems to benchmark fairly well. I just can't seem to wrap my head around what is hanging Windows, this is on a very fresh install as well. I wiped system because of this issue shortly after I received my card. Any magic or tips you can suggest?

It's an Alienware 17 (2014) with an HIDEvolution 980M, id is 05AA 1028

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14290[/ATTACH]

Changed a couple settings and just ran 11801. So obviously it's not doing too bad.

Uninstall drivers using DDU. Under Options, uncheck "AMD Audio BUS" (bug) then select "Clean and Shutdown" option . Extract NV v347.52 (stock INFs) copy/overwrite nvlddmkm.sy_, nvapi64.dl_, nvapi.dl_. Optimus, use nvcvi.inf instead.

http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/9065-unlocking-overclocking-maxwell-900m-series.html

nvcvi.inf_v347.52_Optimus_AW_OCing_MOD.zip

nv_dispiwu.inf_v349.65_Win10TP_AW_GTX_980M_970M_880M_780M_680M.zip

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll give this a try, big thanks for allow your work.

Edit:

When I try this my screen goes blank and if I do a sleep and wake with power button it lists an issue with my PCI-e port in device manager. Says that driver failed to install in nvidia setup. Driver verification disabled. Used DDU and both of your driver mods for 247.52. A service installation in this inf is invalid.

I'll give this a try, big thanks for allow your work.

Edit:

When I try this my screen goes blank and if I do a sleep and wake with power button it lists an issue with my PCI-e port in device manager. Says that driver failed to install in nvidia setup. Driver verification disabled. Used DDU and both of your driver mods for 247.52. A service installation in this inf is invalid.

Switch to dedicated mode "FN+ " (AW OSD installed) then install the mod using nv_dispi.inf v347.52 modded (Display.Driver stock INFs). I'll figure something else for Optimus.

Switch to dedicated mode (AW OSD installed) then install using nv_dispi.inf v347.52 modded (Display.Driver stock INFs). I'll figure something else for Optimus.

Its in dedicated mode. I tried going back and disabling secure boot and enabling legacy option ROM. Now my computer boots displays the modified rom message and blank screens and beeps at me. Will I have to pull the card to get back to optimus mode or restore bios defaults?

Essentially I bricked my laptop for the moment.

Its in dedicated mode. I tried going back and disabling secure boot and enabling legacy option ROM. Now my computer boots displays the modified rom message and blank screens and beeps at me. Will I have to pull the card to get back to optimus mode or restore bios defaults?

Essentially I bricked my laptop for the moment.

Never enable secure boot, and disable legacy option ROM. True UEFI.

You will need to remove the card to reset the BIOS. Boot using IGP, BIOS UEFI -> Legacy Option ROM disabled -> Secure Boot disabled -> Save without Exit option -> shutdown -> reinsert the card.

Never enable secure boot, and disable legacy option ROM. True UEFI.

You will need to remove the card to reset the BIOS. Boot using IGP, BIOS UEFI -> Legacy Option ROM disabled -> Secure Boot disabled -> Save without Exit option -> shutdown -> reinsert the card.

No I disabled secured boot. It's booting now after I pulled the battery. But it says it still has issues with the PCI-e gonna uninstall and reinstall drivers. Try your driver again.

No I disabled secured boot. It's booting now after I pulled the battery. But it says it still has issues with the PCI-e gonna uninstall and reinstall drivers. Try your driver again.

Dedicated mode using nv_dispi.inf. AW OSD installed? Something else is going on. Disable Driver signing before installing drivers, F8 method only.

Dedicated mode using nv_dispi.inf. AW OSD installed? Something else is going on. Disable Driver signing before installing drivers, F8 method only.

Yeah. Modded nvdmi installed it back in optimus. Back up and running. I agree something is off. I'll keep digging. Card runs fine unless I try using dedicated and any other driver file.

OK I misunderstood I installed the nvcvi.inf you linked. Tried the dispi but it fails with driver won't start.

Trying to use the nv_dispi.inf from your post I got the overclocking mod from. Gonna restart DDU and use that .inf in there. Trying to use it right now without Optimus doesn't result in any of the weird stuff. I can see the card listed in Device Manager. Says the driver can't start, gonna go fresh and see what happens.

Ok now I'm just at the point of being baffled. This card refuses to run in Dedicated mode no matter what I try. Like I said though if I modify nvdmi.inf with my card ID it works like a charm. Any other driver no matter which way, dedicated or optimus it just won't take. For now I'll just be happy to have the throttling gone and a working graphics driver that I can play games with.

Ok now I'm just at the point of being baffled. This card refuses to run in Dedicated mode no matter what I try. Like I said though if I modify nvdmi.inf with my card ID it works like a charm. Any other driver no matter which way, dedicated or optimus it just won't take. For now I'll just be happy to have the throttling gone and a working graphics driver that I can play games with.

Then keep using nvdmi.inf with my driver mod. Dedicated mode, AW OSD installed "True UEFI w/legacy option ROM disabled".

nvdmi.inf trick.

nvdmi.inf_v347.52_AW_05AA_980M_OCing_MOD.zip

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I'm happy enough at the moment with slv7's vbios mod and these unlocked drivers. The performance boost over what it originally was is immense. Thanks again for your hard work. It'll be nice to see some driver updates that can potentially help.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I'm happy enough at the moment with slv7's vbios mod and these unlocked drivers. The performance boost over what it originally was is immense. Thanks again for your hard work. It'll be nice to see some driver updates that can potentially help.

If you're using svl7 & Johnksss vbios mod, try increasing voltage offset (1.0v default), set it as a startup task. Some cards won't hold @1200 MHz w/ 1.0v. Run Valley benchmark free edition to test stability and monitor temperature. https://unigine.com/products/valley/

post-3012-14494999607475_thumb.png

How can I disable AW OSD? Thank you.
ALIENWARE M18xR1 BIOS: Version A05 Factory Unlocked

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-2920XM Extreme Edition, GPU: 2 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M SLI

RAM: 32GB DDR3-2133MHz Corsair Vengeance, SSD: 2 x 240GB SATA 3 Corsair Force™GT Raid 0

Much better...forget about the OSD, just disable driver signing using F8 method. M18xR1 "UEFI BIOS"...? -> M18xR2 <-

Much better...forget about the OSD, just disable driver signing using F8 method. M18xR1 "UEFI BIOS"...? -> M18xR2 <-

J95, thank you very much. Why make this item?

cmd (Admin)

bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

If you're using svl7 & Johnksss vbios mod, try increasing voltage offset (1.0v default), set it as a startup task. Some cards won't hold @1200 MHz w/ 1.0v. Run Valley benchmark free edition to test stability and monitor temperature. https://unigine.com/products/valley/

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14303[/ATTACH]

I took your advice, it seems to run stable at stock voltage. So I'll leave it there for now unless I want to overclock a bit in the future. Thanks again for the advice, that tool seems like a great way to test changes.

Hey,

So much useful information on here, I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to install my files for my new 780M.. i downloaded the modded file from eurocom, but it doesnt seem to be working.. I'm trying to get some modded inf files but I cannot download yet. looking for a little help. Thanks!

Can you make an inf mod for Optimus as well or will this function in optimus as well as dedicated mode. Thanks!

@Hackintoshihope, @jjbettcher, @TomJGX Install v347.88 using nvcvi.inf (only), meaning all other INFs must be stock, if necessary re-extract driver. Both AW17 & M17xR4 980M/970M - Optimus.

I don't own an Optimus laptop so feedback is crucial here.

GeForce 347.88 WHQL

First install nvcvi.inf_(1)_v347.88_Optimus ->feedback<-

Then re-install using nvcvi.inf_(2)_v347.88_Optimus ->feedback<-

nvcvi.inf_(1)_v347.88_Optimus_AW17_M17xR4_GTX_980M_970M.zip

nvcvi.inf_(2)_v347.88_Optimus_AW17_M17xR4_GTX_980M_970M.zip

• J95 pinned this topic