[Alienware - Clevo - MSI] Aftermarket Upgrades Driver Support - Modded INF

J95

Please follow the instructions below.

• Specs.

• Device manager ->Display Adapters ->Details ->Device Description ->Hardware Ids, post results (request).

- Extract downloaded driver using 7-Zip/winrar.

- Extracted Nvidia...International\Display.Driver folder\ -> copy/overwrite nvdmi.inf

- Nvidia...International folder\ -> run setup.exe

- Windows 8 - disable driver signing

Command Prompt (Admin) Win key + X Type:

bcdedit /set {current} testsigning yes

-> "The operation completed successfully" ->reboot ->Install drivers.

Exit test mode, cmd (admin).

bcdedit /set {current} testsigning no

->reboot.

- Use DDU to remove previous drivers/GPU installations (Nvidia & AMD), create restore point then select first uninstall option (safe mode).

GeForce 334.89 WHQL

Modded nvdmi.inf v334.89 AW M17XR2/R3/R4 3D + M18XR1/R2 GTX 680M / 780M

Modded nvdmi.inf v334.89 AW M18XR1/R2 GTX 680M / 780M SLI Enabled

- - - Updated - - -

Quadro Notebook Driver 334.95

PhysX 9.13.1220

- Extract

- Nvidia...International folder\ -> delete the following folders:

Display.NView

Display.Update

Display.Optimus

NVWMI

- Display.Driver copy/overwrite nvdmwi.inf

- Nvidia...International\ -> run setup exe

- Install Physx -> reboot

Fire Strike NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3940XM,Alienware M17xR4

[

nvdmwi.inf_v334.95_AW_M17XR2_R3_R4_3D_M18XR1_R2_GTX_680M_780M.zip

nvdmwi.inf_v334.95_AW_M18XR1_R2_GTX_680M_780M_SLI_Enabled.zip

• Thumbs Up 9

- Download GeForce 334.89 WHQL

- Extract driver 7-Zip/winrar

- Display.Driver folder -> open nvdmi.inf (notepad) Edit -> Replace -> Find What: 05AE Replace With: 0490 -> Hit 'Replace All' -> Save.

- Nvidia 334.89...International folder\ run setup exe.

Repeat using 335.23 instead.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been trying to use these mod ini files for versions 320.49, 335.23, and 337.88 but I'm never able to pass the compatibility check, it is always saying could not find compatible graphics hardware. I am downloading the drivers from NVidia and then using 7zip to extract the download exe to a folder which I then am downloading the modified ini files and putting them in the Display.Driver folder overwriting the file with the larger mod file, then I go up a folder level and am running setup.exe as admin but I'm never getting past this compatibility check. Anyone know what I am missing or failing to do? Thanks for the helps

Hi thanks for responding, my hardware ids are as follows:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_04BA1028&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_04BA1028

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&CC_0300

The device instance path is: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_04BA1028&REV_A1\4&361D66C5&0&0008

my machine is a m17x r3 running Win 7 SP 1 and recently has been reformatted and bios was updated to a12. the gpu I'm installing is a gtx 680m. I have 11A0 strings in my inf files, but none have the 04BA1028 SUBSYS value.

This is what is in my inf file for the 11A0 values:

%NVIDIA_DEV.11A0.0270.1558% = Section135, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_02701558

%NVIDIA_DEV.11A0.0271.1558% = Section139, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_02711558

%NVIDIA_DEV.11A0.0371.1558% = Section135, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_03711558

%NVIDIA_DEV.11A0.0372.1558% = Section139, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_03721558

%NVIDIA_DEV.11A0.5105.1558% = Section098, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_51051558

%NVIDIA_DEV.11A0.7102.1558% = Section098, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_71021558

• Thumbs Up 1

Really sorry, I'm not sure why it is redirecting me to the downloads page, but even clicking on it from the downloads page is just taking me back to the downloads page. I tried to find it thru google and the link I chose took me to a new thread: http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m17x-aw-17/2279-%5Bm17x-r3%5D-bios-a12-unlocked-sata-tweak.html

but that link took me to a page saying that the downloads have moved and are now hosted on tech inferno forum pages and the link it provides takes me to the downloads page where I seem to be stuck in a loop

OK managed to flash the bios and gained access to a second advanced menu but when I changed SG to PEG and F10 reboot the system came back and lit the screen but it was all black. I heard the windows chimes in the background and knew everything booted fine except the black screen. I had to pull the card out in order to view anything again. I guess this means something happened to the card and it isn't working now :(

Could I be missing a step in bios? By disable IGP you mean change the display from SG to PEG and that is it? Whenever I am setting the display to PEG from SG and press F10 to save the pc reboots and when it comes back on the screen lights up but remains all black, I can hear windows boot in the background but I can't actually see anything and I have to unseat the card in order to view anything on screen again.

Unfortunately that also caused the black screen with no view and windows booted in the background. When I unseated the card to get back into bios the machine started to beep a series of 6 beeps. I had to put the old video card back in to get past that.

With IGP disabled and PEG enabled are you able to see the BIOS screen?

Try cleaning the golden connectors and if needed reseat the card a couple of times, boot into safe mode (F8) and uninstall drivers.

No, in every case when I select the PEG instead of SG the screen goes black but not dark for everything. The ROM messages on startup don't show, if I hit F2 during the loading nothing displays, if I just let it boot normal I can hear windows load but cannot see anything. It always takes to unseat the card to get any display back. I've gotten the drivers to load several times but in each case when Device Manager sees the card it sees it with the error 43, and if I force it to be used I end up with the black lit screen

• J95 pinned this topic